Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Martonio wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a good stream of Attack on Titan?

Attack on Titan is on Crunchyroll. It streams at (I think) 360p for free accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

It streams it free at that quality, aye. Watching it myself on the site, interesting so far (and I love the opening theme for some reason).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Just watched the first episode of Attack on Titan myself. It's a lot different than I expected. The titans are horrible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

8M9LAWCEQ66

JB4ALFYACKZ

48 hour Crunchyroll guest pass if anyone wants to use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

Watched the first episode of Copellion...

A little slow. The scenery looks amazing. They're trying very hard not to say the R word. The animation actually looks good in places. And I still like the Premise of STALKER in Tokyo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 rendy78f9b194

I really like naruto. a lot of good messages are delivered. spirit, brave, and always be sure of the right thing, I am inspired load.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Finished Baccano recently, shame there was only one season but I might look into the light novels.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

finished attack on titan in 3 days, middle of darker than black now which i have about a year now! Then onto steins gate I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I Was fairly gutted when I got too episode 48 of fairy tale on Netflix and thought it was the end.Then I find out its an on going series and is up to episode 175 :-D That will keep me going for a while :-D.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

About to sit down to Kill la Kill. Have very high expectations for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

About to sit down to Kill la Kill. Have very high expectations for it.

Hilarious, gritty. The animation is excellent and and old school! Looking forward to next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Had my friend gush a good bit about KlK too, may watch it soon.

Also, nice rundown of all the new series this season on Kotaku here.

KlK so far is the best show this season imo, a lot of mediocre rubbish to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Hmmm, I should watch Kill la Kill.

Yeah, I;m watching freezing at the moment. If you ignore the ecchi, it has actually quite a good storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

I've just finished SnK/AoT.

I've got Golden Time, Infinite Stratos 2 and Kill la Kill on my radar for this season. I'm watching Miss Monochrome too.

And I'm playing catch up on the Monogatari series, just started Bakemonogatari.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Martonio

Just finished watching "Shinsengumi". It is about how Westerners came to China and the struggles and battles with a bit of supernatural thrown in. It is okay. Good battle scenes but the main female character was a pain though. No character development or anything. The battle scenes were good though.

Episode 2 of KlK is great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 rendy78f9b194

only naruto new650...I hope to have the spirit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i'm finally up to date with naruto shippuden but i hate watching things week-by-week

just finished watching the Dragon Ball Z:Battle of Gods movie.i hope it gets a new series off the back of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

nearly finished Monster :D

also watching Stein's Gate, which is awesome

nearly finished Monster biggrin.png

I don't want to spoil anything, but Johann's end game is frighteningly plausible.

I'd say it could happen in a lot of Irish towns :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

Finished Bakemonogatari and have moved onto Nisemonogatari. Just over half way through. The series has been fantastic so far, really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

SmurfX wrote: »
    Finished Baccano recently, shame there was only one season but I might look into the light novels.
    Ya I found it really funny, great characters.
    i'm finally up to date with naruto shippuden but i hate watching things week-by-week
    That's why I leave it for a month or 2 and watch like 10 episodes in a row, so far I've managed to not watch the last 12 or so episodes, the next all nighter with Shippuuden I do is going to be awesome haha.
    Links234 wrote: »
    nearly finished Monster biggrin.png

Monster is a fantastic series. Some call it slow paced but I think the pace truly helps make it better.

Haven't heard of kik will have to check it out!

Just finished AoT! Holy crap what a series. I just devoured it in a few days. Epic.

Is "Monster" any good? I was thinking of watching that next.

Martonio wrote: »
    Just finished AoT! Holy crap what a series. I just devoured it in a few days. Epic.

Is "Monster" any good? I was thinking of watching that next.

Monster is great, some people are turned off by the length of it though. I wasn't personally, worth a watch certainly!

• Advertisement

Why? Is it long?

74 episodes

That's not so bad! Sure DB is around 150, Naruto is probably is over a thousand at this stage etc. 74 is very manageable. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Watching the 90s New Dominion Tank Police OVA, great stuff! Looks amazing too, really captures the original Shirow material well.

watching a bit more Darker Than Black now ;)

• Advertisement

Watching Outbreak Company. Was about to chuck it after the first episode tbh, but the 2nd episode is starkingly contrasted and offers some more drama and hints of character progression instead of bucketloads of fan service. Will keep watching for now I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭The Sky

I just finished the manga of Shingeki no Kyojin, I need moar!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Lenmeister wrote: »
    That's why I leave it for a month or 2 and watch like 10 episodes in a row, so far I've managed to not watch the last 12 or so episodes, the next all nighter with Shippuuden I do is going to be awesome haha.

10 ?

Ha, you casual. I'm at episode 476 of One Piece and desperately trying to catch up :P

Just started Kill la Kill too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ive run out of fairy tail episodes to watch so now im watching bubble gum crisis,not bad so far,I love the animation,real old school look to it (it was released in 98)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

Ive run out of fairy tail episodes to watch so now im watching bubble gum crisis,not bad so far,I love the animation,real old school look to it (it was released in 98)

2040, old-school... >..> Ahem

You need to go back to 1987 for the original (Superior) version. With better music. Unfortunately unfinished - or perhaps fortunately given the nature of Crash.

edit: Speaking of the Original BGC

Dartz wrote: »
    2040, old-school... >..> Ahem

You need to go back to 1987 for the original (Superior) version. With better music. Unfortunately unfinished - or perhaps fortunately given the nature of Crash.

edit: Speaking of the Original BGC

Oh my I must check that out.

Watching Berserk.

Damn, it's a masterpiece.

Original series or the new movies?

Original series or the new movies?

Original series.

I must admit, i am wtfing at the last episode.

Still, very, very interesting relationship between Guts and Griffith.

It's a killer that the show ends where it does ;)

The movies are worth a look, but they cut out a lot of character development early on. The last one is excellent though, because it has some plot points that were trimmed from the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

just about to start Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo

It's a killer that the show ends where it does wink.png

The movies are worth a look, but they cut out a lot of character development early on. The last one is excellent though, because it has some plot points that were trimmed from the series.

Hmmm, I might do that.

Mind you, I'm going to start reading the mangas.

On a completely unrelated note, what do ye think about places to read them free online.

Hypothetically, are they safe or not?

no idea since I don't really read manga :o

Same, but then I found out that animes about mangas are almost as inexact as movies about books.

And the artwork is pretty brill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

"Yowamushi Pedal"

first anime I've ever watched that hasn't ended o.o

I enjoyed bubblegum crisis,watching ghost hunt now,not bad so far.

Outbreak Company episode 5 just went back to pure fan service again >.>

nothing puts me off an anime like fanservice does :(

Links234 wrote: »
    nothing puts me off an anime like fanservice does :(

It's a show that's literally about fanservice, but the shows were surprisingly serious so I kept at it, enjoyed most of it so far regardless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Gonna try start Berserk (original series) sometime soon, damn game backlog is crushing my free time.

Advertisement