Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Started watching D Gray-man,so far im liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

Started watching D Gray-man,so far im liking it.

That's a really good anime imo. Sad at times even :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

AzN wrote: »
    That's a really good anime imo. Sad at times even :(

Sad Really? Ya I've watched about 6 episodes and I'm liking it so far.

Sad Really? Ya I've watched about 6 episodes and I'm liking it so far.

Episode 20, that is all.

Episode 20, that is all.

Aw no :( *readies the box of tissues* :-p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Just started watching Aku no Hana... THIS IS GREAT! In love with the ed. Everyone seems to be against the animation but I like it, it's kinda creepy and really suits the atmosphere of the anime.

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Just started watching Aku no Hana... THIS IS GREAT! In love with the ed. Everyone seems to be against the animation but I like it, it's kinda creepy and really suits the atmosphere of the anime.

Oh that one, i tend to stay away from anime with low ratings on cruncyroll however i may just give it a try. Opinions vary after all, what's it all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Oh that one, i tend to stay away from anime with low ratings on cruncyroll however i may just give it a try. Opinions vary after all, what's it all about?

Well I'm only 2 episodes in but I've read the manga so I'm assuming they'll be the same. It's about a junior high student who has a crush on a girl in his class. He ends up stealing her p.e. uniform... but this really creepy girl in the class sees him and decides to blackmail him. The animation is semi-realistic. Lots of people tend to either love or hate it. If you're into creepy, physiological anime then I think you should watch it. Or read the manga.

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Well I'm only 2 episodes in but I've read the manga so I'm assuming they'll be the same. It's about a junior high student who has a crush on a girl in his class. He ends up stealing her p.e. uniform... but this really creepy girl in the class sees him and decides to blackmail him. The animation is semi-realistic. Lots of people tend to either love or hate it. If you're into creepy, physiological anime then I think you should watch it. Or read the manga.

Sounds interesting alright! i'll give it a shot tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just to let people know a new streaming site launched yesterday. Daisuki was setup by a group of 7 anime production companies so should hopefully avoid a lot of the licensing minefield streaming sites encounter, not much up right now (only Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Prince of Tennis, Lupin the 3rd, Gundam Suit Z, Gundam SEED Remaster) and One Piece (subbed version, not 4Kids "Hey lets ruin this show completely" dub) is coming soon. Everything is free (but talk of a sub system coming later), just a 30 second ad before each vid, framerate was a bit choppy but Im on an iffy 8Mb line so every stream is similar.

Started watching Madoka Magica, man that first episode has some trippy stuff in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I'm watching Devil Survivor 2. I really like the game so I'm giving it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Still, The live-action Yamoto adaptation was afaik the highest grossing Japanese sci-fi film ever in Japan, so maybe we'll see our space epics return, instead of just down to earth (LOL PUN) stuff like Planetes and Space Bros
    Came here looking for some mecha, and I think this may fit the bill nicely. My search went from "Yamoto" to "Space Battleship Yamato 2199" to the original "Uchû senkan Yamato", to "Star Blazers", which seems to be the USA version of "Uchû senkan Yamato", but has 3 times more episodes according to IMDB... which is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Wow, that lastest episode of Shingeki no Kyojin...
    That Titan sure looked a lot like Eren...

Theres 51 episodes of D gray man on netflixs and when I checked wiki theres actually a 103 episodes,pisses me off that they havent got all of them :mad:.

Theres 51 episodes of D gray man on netflixs and when I checked wiki theres actually a 103 episodes,pisses me off that they havent got all of them :mad:.

Yeah there's 51 dubbed episodes you'll have to watch the rest subbed, i'm afrid the remaining episodes will never be dubbed.

Yeah there's 51 dubbed episodes you'll have to watch the rest subbed, i'm afrid the remaining episodes will never be dubbed.

I don't mind that its subbed,I just wish netflixs had it.It really is a great series and I've only 3 episodes left.

I see there's a second season of sword art online on crunchyroll,anyone watched it?I love the first season.

By 2nd season do you mean from about episodes 15 to 24 ish?
    Its ok, not as great as the first half of the series , especially as they reduce Asunas character to "save the princess"...and then there is episode 21....

Ahhhh that was probably what it was,it just showed up on the main page when I logged in.
    "Season 2 now available" or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

just started season 6 of naruto shipuuden.looking awesome so far

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

watching "Chihayafuru", "Usagi Drop" and "Arakawa under the Bridge".

Absolutely LOVING Chihayafuru!

• Advertisement

triseke wrote: »
    watching "Chihayafuru", "Usagi Drop" and "Arakawa under the Bridge".

Absolutely LOVING Chihayafuru!

Yup, who would have guessed a show about a hundreds year old Japanese card game could be so enthralling. The awesome opening song doesnt hurt either.

Just started "Monster" today, looks interesting so far. I don't care much for the artwork though.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Yup, who would have guessed a show about a hundreds year old Japanese card game could be so enthralling. The awesome opening song doesnt hurt either.

It's been stuck in my head all day!

Samurai Champloo on episode 7,good so far,can only watch 1 or 2 episodes a day as we went over our 300gig by about limit last month by about 45 gigs and were charged for it and we've only about 100 or so gigs left until june 13th :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Samurai Champloo on episode 7,good so far,can only watch 1 or 2 episodes a day as we went over our 300gig by about limit last month by about 45 gigs and were charged for it and we've only about 100 or so gigs left until june 13th :o.

how on earth do u go over 300gigs

just rediscovered the fist of the north star.one of my all time favourite anime growing up and completely forgot all about it.now all i gotta do is dig out the gary daniels movie version

how on earth do u go over 300gigs

just rediscovered the fist of the north star.one of my all time favourite anime growing up and completely forgot all about it.now all i gotta do is dig out the gary daniels movie version

watching too much netflixs :o

Fist of the north star is a classic,I have most the volumes on vhs,missing a few though.

I'd go over 300gb before the fifteenth day haha cruncyroll 1080p eats up your limit if you have one.

Finished "Higashi no Eden" today. Felt it ended a bit suddenly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I found an old disc with the Read or Die OVA on it, I was a little concerned that I would find it terrible on a second viewing considering 10 years of changing tastes.

I'm surprised to see that not only does it hold up, it's cleverer than I remember.

90 minutes well spent!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I found an old disc with the Read or Die OVA on it, I was a little concerned that I would find it terrible on a second viewing considering 10 years of changing tastes.

I'm surprised to see that not only does it hold up, it's cleverer than I remember.

90 minutes well spent!

ZE PAYYYYPAHHHHH!

Advertisement