Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Also saw the complete Gantz series there, it any good?

Wow, really? :o

It's one I had been wanting to see for ages but couldn't find anywhere, managed to grab it at a convention in London. Meant to be very dark and violent, but I've heard some mixed things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I'm watching Servant X Service. It's actually very, very funny.

And it kind of makes fun of fan-service a little...or that is fan service.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone watched Hetalia ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

gatchaman crowds started so well :(

but completely dies in the last 2-3 episodes

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Attack on Titan and Danganronpa finished now... means I'm only currently watching Watamote and Kimi no Iru Machi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

with the AoT anime finished I caved in and binged through the manga, great content. Can't wait for the next season no matter how far off it is I will be right there every weekend again.

Delighted I came across AoT, before it I hadn't given time to any anime or manga in months.

Also started Sword Art Online. Very entertaining. As a raid leader in an WoW guild I found it's style and how it focused so much on the social side of gaming enthralling.
    I just hope it can evolve from the first few episodes which seem to be lacking that oomf :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    gatchaman crowds started so well :(

but completely dies in the last 2-3 episodes

Got to admit I was surprised that was the end and have mixed feelings. One review points explains how the end underscores the theme running throughout the series, so on one hand its like ok.. but on the other hand is blah!

I've mentioned it before, but I'd recommend Servant X Service. It's such a funny show. And it's nice to see adult characters in adult situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Martonio

I recently watched "The girl who leapt through time". What a great show. A bit moving but I find anime does that to me for some reason.

Anyone know where I can get a good stream of Attack on Titan? Oh I also watch "Paprika"... what a messed up show but genius! It really reminded me of the movie Existenz from the 90's with Jude Law.

• Advertisement

I am looking for something else to watch... I may just start DBZ considering that I blazed through DB and needed a break. Does anyone know which episodes are filler and not related to the story line. DB was just too much for me. Also, does anyone know why Bleach anime was cancelled? That sucked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Martonio wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a good stream of Attack on Titan?

Attack on Titan is on Crunchyroll. It streams at (I think) 360p for free accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

It streams it free at that quality, aye. Watching it myself on the site, interesting so far (and I love the opening theme for some reason).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Just watched the first episode of Attack on Titan myself. It's a lot different than I expected. The titans are horrible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

8M9LAWCEQ66

JB4ALFYACKZ

48 hour Crunchyroll guest pass if anyone wants to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Watched the first episode of Copellion...

A little slow. The scenery looks amazing. They're trying very hard not to say the R word. The animation actually looks good in places. And I still like the Premise of STALKER in Tokyo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 rendy78f9b194

I really like naruto. a lot of good messages are delivered. spirit, brave, and always be sure of the right thing, I am inspired load.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Finished Baccano recently, shame there was only one season but I might look into the light novels.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

finished attack on titan in 3 days, middle of darker than black now which i have about a year now! Then onto steins gate I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I Was fairly gutted when I got too episode 48 of fairy tale on Netflix and thought it was the end.Then I find out its an on going series and is up to episode 175 :-D That will keep me going for a while :-D.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

About to sit down to Kill la Kill. Have very high expectations for it.

About to sit down to Kill la Kill. Have very high expectations for it.

Hilarious, gritty. The animation is excellent and and old school! Looking forward to next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Had my friend gush a good bit about KlK too, may watch it soon.

Also, nice rundown of all the new series this season on Kotaku here.

KlK so far is the best show this season imo, a lot of mediocre rubbish to be seen.

Hmmm, I should watch Kill la Kill.

Yeah, I;m watching freezing at the moment. If you ignore the ecchi, it has actually quite a good storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

I've just finished SnK/AoT.

I've got Golden Time, Infinite Stratos 2 and Kill la Kill on my radar for this season. I'm watching Miss Monochrome too.

And I'm playing catch up on the Monogatari series, just started Bakemonogatari.

Just finished watching "Shinsengumi". It is about how Westerners came to China and the struggles and battles with a bit of supernatural thrown in. It is okay. Good battle scenes but the main female character was a pain though. No character development or anything. The battle scenes were good though.

Episode 2 of KlK is great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 rendy78f9b194

only naruto new650...I hope to have the spirit!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i'm finally up to date with naruto shippuden but i hate watching things week-by-week

just finished watching the Dragon Ball Z:Battle of Gods movie.i hope it gets a new series off the back of it

Advertisement