Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

nearly finished Monster :D

also watching Stein's Gate, which is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

nearly finished Monster biggrin.png

I don't want to spoil anything, but Johann's end game is frighteningly plausible.

I'd say it could happen in a lot of Irish towns :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

Finished Bakemonogatari and have moved onto Nisemonogatari. Just over half way through. The series has been fantastic so far, really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

SmurfX wrote: »
    Finished Baccano recently, shame there was only one season but I might look into the light novels.
    Ya I found it really funny, great characters.
    i'm finally up to date with naruto shippuden but i hate watching things week-by-week
    That's why I leave it for a month or 2 and watch like 10 episodes in a row, so far I've managed to not watch the last 12 or so episodes, the next all nighter with Shippuuden I do is going to be awesome haha.
    Links234 wrote: »
    nearly finished Monster biggrin.png

Monster is a fantastic series. Some call it slow paced but I think the pace truly helps make it better.

Haven't heard of kik will have to check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Martonio

Just finished AoT! Holy crap what a series. I just devoured it in a few days. Epic.

Is "Monster" any good? I was thinking of watching that next.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Martonio wrote: »
    Just finished AoT! Holy crap what a series. I just devoured it in a few days. Epic.

Is "Monster" any good? I was thinking of watching that next.

Monster is great, some people are turned off by the length of it though. I wasn't personally, worth a watch certainly!

Why? Is it long?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

74 episodes

That's not so bad! Sure DB is around 150, Naruto is probably is over a thousand at this stage etc. 74 is very manageable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Watching the 90s New Dominion Tank Police OVA, great stuff! Looks amazing too, really captures the original Shirow material well.

• Advertisement

watching a bit more Darker Than Black now ;)

Watching Outbreak Company. Was about to chuck it after the first episode tbh, but the 2nd episode is starkingly contrasted and offers some more drama and hints of character progression instead of bucketloads of fan service. Will keep watching for now I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

I just finished the manga of Shingeki no Kyojin, I need moar!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Lenmeister wrote: »
    That's why I leave it for a month or 2 and watch like 10 episodes in a row, so far I've managed to not watch the last 12 or so episodes, the next all nighter with Shippuuden I do is going to be awesome haha.

10 ?

Ha, you casual. I'm at episode 476 of One Piece and desperately trying to catch up :P

Just started Kill la Kill too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ive run out of fairy tail episodes to watch so now im watching bubble gum crisis,not bad so far,I love the animation,real old school look to it (it was released in 98)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Ive run out of fairy tail episodes to watch so now im watching bubble gum crisis,not bad so far,I love the animation,real old school look to it (it was released in 98)

2040, old-school... >..> Ahem

You need to go back to 1987 for the original (Superior) version. With better music. Unfortunately unfinished - or perhaps fortunately given the nature of Crash.

edit: Speaking of the Original BGC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dartz wrote: »
    2040, old-school... >..> Ahem

You need to go back to 1987 for the original (Superior) version. With better music. Unfortunately unfinished - or perhaps fortunately given the nature of Crash.

edit: Speaking of the Original BGC

Oh my I must check that out.

Watching Berserk.

Damn, it's a masterpiece.

Original series or the new movies?

Original series or the new movies?

Original series.

I must admit, i am wtfing at the last episode.

Still, very, very interesting relationship between Guts and Griffith.

• Advertisement

It's a killer that the show ends where it does ;)

The movies are worth a look, but they cut out a lot of character development early on. The last one is excellent though, because it has some plot points that were trimmed from the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

just about to start Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo

It's a killer that the show ends where it does wink.png

The movies are worth a look, but they cut out a lot of character development early on. The last one is excellent though, because it has some plot points that were trimmed from the series.

Hmmm, I might do that.

Mind you, I'm going to start reading the mangas.

On a completely unrelated note, what do ye think about places to read them free online.

Hypothetically, are they safe or not?

no idea since I don't really read manga :o

Same, but then I found out that animes about mangas are almost as inexact as movies about books.

And the artwork is pretty brill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

"Yowamushi Pedal"

first anime I've ever watched that hasn't ended o.o

I enjoyed bubblegum crisis,watching ghost hunt now,not bad so far.

Outbreak Company episode 5 just went back to pure fan service again >.>

nothing puts me off an anime like fanservice does :(

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    nothing puts me off an anime like fanservice does :(

It's a show that's literally about fanservice, but the shows were surprisingly serious so I kept at it, enjoyed most of it so far regardless!

Advertisement