Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Gonna try start Berserk (original series) sometime soon, damn game backlog is crushing my free time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Originally Posted by Links234 viewpost.gif
    nothing puts me off an anime like fanservice does frown.png

True.

It's very jarring when it's like High School of the Dead.

Mind you Fairy Tale's fanservice is okay, and so's freezing.

Although, one character is always swims naked...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jimai

The World God Only Knows.

Watched the first two seasons about 2/3 years ago. It was quite funny but nothing really special. So much so that I was going to skip season 3. I am glad I didn't. The 3rd season really makes it. I liked it so much that I am now reading the manga!

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭megaten

Jimai wrote: »
    The World God Only Knows.

Watched the first two seasons about 2/3 years ago. It was quite funny but nothing really special. So much so that I was going to skip season 3. I am glad I didn't. The 3rd season really makes it. I liked it so much that I am now reading the manga!

J.

I felt the complete opposite. I loved the manga initially but I felt it really fell of in terms of quality around halfway through the goddess arc

megaten wrote: »
    I felt the complete opposite. I loved the manga initially but I felt it really fell of in terms of quality around halfway through the goddess arc

Some parts of that arc did seem a bit messy especially after watching the anime first.

I am mainly reading the manga to find out what happened after the Goddesses Arc (and to fill in some of the skipped bits) but he has changed direction and it will be awhile before he get backs to what I am looking for.

The current arc isn't great but it does add to the story and there are moments...

J.

• Advertisement

High School of the Dead

That was hilarious! It was so outrageous! Those bullet dodging scenes!

A bit of shame really, as I liked the story. Perhaps, I'll pick up the manga.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭phlex

High school of the dead was amazing,

Samurai Champloo, my all time favourite.
    Downloaded it again for a rewatch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

phlex wrote: »

Samurai Champloo, my all time favourite.
    Downloaded it again for a rewatch.

I agree,great show!

I agree,great show!

Sword of the stranger!, I was looking for something like samurai champloo and this movies amazing. I'd more than reccomend it!
    and tekkonkinkreet.

I wish there were more like these, but I havent really been immersed in any recently

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Love samurai champloo, great stuff, good opening song :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    True.

It's very jarring when it's like High School of the Dead.

I actually don't mind the fanservice in HSotD because it's so OTT and the show itself is very tongue-in-cheek, so it's not like I take the show seriously at all. What especially annoys me about fanservice is when it's in a serious show and it sorta breaks the immersion in the story, and that's always a bad thing.

I downloaded the ost straight away! nujabes is incredible...or was incredible r.i.p he was an amazing producer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭FamousSeamus

Recently finished the Guyver series (newest version) loved it, pity it got canceled after season 1 :( Thinking of getting the manga to find out what happens!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Almost done with Gatchaman Crowds. Excellent show

Catching up a bit with GTO atm ;)

Finished the first season of Darker Than Black, great show :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Almost done with Gatchaman Crowds. Excellent show

Finished. Amazing show, no fanservice either ;) And S2 was announced this week which is great news!

Links234 wrote: »
    Catching up a bit with GTO atm ;)

Finished the first season of Darker Than Black, great show :D

Yes, great show. Don't forget to watch the OVA before the second season.

Is the manga any good?

Think im gonna give up on ghost hunt,not really enjoying it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Just watched episode 8 of Attack on Titan. WTF?

• Advertisement

Finally finished Monster :D What a show ;)

Wondering what I'll start watching next, Death note, Gantz, Claymore, Black Butler? Hmmm so much to choose from :D

Gantz is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Vojera wrote: »
    Just watched episode 8 of Attack on Titan. WTF?
    :cool: Just keep on going!

Links234 wrote: »
    Gantz is weird.

I'm somewhat relieved that's your opinion ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Gantz really annoyed me.
    I kept shouting at all the characters cause they were so unlikeable.
    Maybe I shouldn't have had that bottle of vodka before watching it :)

I'm only 4 episodes in, but yeah, unlikeable for definite so far. I didn't have any illusions of it being deep and amazing, just a sci-fi action gore brutal mess :p sometimes I like that in a show. ;)

showing herself Jin-Roh :D

So I finished ghost hunt,not a great series tbh,thought it might get better but alas it didn't :-/

Onto to something new now tonight :-D

So started watching Lunar Legend Tsukihime,Not bad so far if a little confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

So started watching Lunar Legend Tsukihime,Not bad so far if a little confusing.

I haven't watched it yet but I hear the anime is dreadful in comparison to the visual novel!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Re: Gantz

The anime stops right as the manga starts getting really good (volumes 10-24 or so are brilliant.) Shame the series ended so badly.

Advertisement