Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

I just just finished Clannad & Clannad After Story, what a sad but beautiful anime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭randomperson12

draGON BALL ZKAI BUu SAGA IS COMING OUT THIS YEAR

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Really like chrono cruzade but I thought it had a crap ending,start something new on monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Really like chrono cruzade but I thought it had a crap ending,start something new on monday :)

Unfortunately, you will find that kind-of-a-crap-ending in more animes. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just finished Berserk, man was it good. Took a few episodes to get going but more than makes up for it.

2nd season is out soon...right guys.....guys? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Gunmonkey wrote: »

:(

Too soon man, too soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Hunter x Hunter right now.. awesome.

From the latest season just tried Magical Warfare, Wizard Barristers, and Nobunaga The Fool.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Just finished Berserk, man was it good. Took a few episodes to get going but more than makes up for it.

I have been waiting for the 2nd season for more than +5years.

But you can always watch the movies: Berserk: Golden Age Arc I, II and III ;)

Or, if you can't wait, read the manga. You will love it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Attack on titan is on netflix :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Irish or US?

• Advertisement

Irish or US?

U.S,Good so far,kinda grim though :-/.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yup, what Netflix is doing is scanning for most torrented shows and buying rights to them. AOT was in the top 30 most downloaded show's of 2013, so really not that surprising

Yup, what Netflix is doing is scanning for most torrented shows and buying rights to them. AOT was in the top 30 most downloaded show's of 2013, so really not that surprising

At least that shows they bother themselves to do a little research before buying the rights over any show.

Gave up on attack on titan for the moment,far too grim for my liking,some heart breaking episodes and moments in it,so I'm watching black lagoon now and its much more too my taste,very good so far.

Gave up on attack on titan for the moment,far too grim for my liking,some heart breaking episodes and moments in it,so I'm watching black lagoon now and its much more too my taste,very good so far.

Then you might also like Baccano, Cowboy Bebop, Ergo Proxy, Deadman Wonderland, Gunslinger Girls, Coyote Ragtime Show, Kite - Mezzo Forte, Gunsmith Cats, Mezzo Forte, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom... and so on.

Hesthea wrote: »
    Then you might also like Baccano, Cowboy Bebop, Ergo Proxy, Deadman Wonderland, Gunslinger Girls, Coyote Ragtime Show, Kite - Mezzo Forte, Gunsmith Cats, Mezzo Forte, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom... and so on.

Really enjoyed it,gonna watch second barrage next.

Don't forget to watch Roberta's Blood Trail too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sephiroth_dude View Post

Don't forget to watch Roberta's Blood Trail too

The first arc of the second season broke my heart :( Beautifully done story, but the saddest I've ever seen.

Watch Fate/Zero at the moment. Much better quality than Fate/Stay. Reading the Berserk Manga. The artworks pretty good :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

started kill la kill.i'm not too pushed on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Just started Blue Exorcist with herself ;) lots of fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

i picked up 4 episodes of beyblade the original series on dvd and 3 episodes of the original yu-gi-oh series so I have to watch them!

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    The first arc of the second season broke my heart :( Beautifully done story, but the saddest I've ever seen.

Watch Fate/Zero at the moment. Much better quality than Fate/Stay. Reading the Berserk Manga. The artworks pretty good :eek:

Berserk manga is truly a masterpiece =)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

The series I'm watching this season are:

- Chuunibyou S2
    - Seitokai Yakuindomo*
    - Space Dandy
    - D-Frag!
    - Kill la Kill
    - Log Horizon
    - Noragami
    - Nisekoi

The ones that I'd say are high on my watch list are D-Frag! and Noragami. Noragami is a good replacement for the void left by the Monogatari series, and D-Frag! is just hilariously random, and the voice acting talent for the characters is crazy too.

I finished Girls und Panzer and the entirety of the Monogatari series recently too, the idea behind Girls und Panzer is strange at first, but it's executed really well, I really enjoyed it. The Monogatari series is fantastic as well, probably the best series I've watched so far, I'd definitely recommend it.

I'll probably end up watching Hyouka and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya soon enough too, I've heard good things about both.

Edit: I forgot about Non Non Biyori, finished that recently too. The most relaxing show I've ever watched, if I ever feel down I'll probably end up watching an episode of it. =P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Current crop this season Im liking are:

-Silver Spoon
    -Log Horizon
    -Nagi no Asukara
    -Tonari no Seki-kun
    -Hozuki no Reitetsu (who wouldnt like a workplace comedy......set in hell)
    -Magi
    -Space Dandy
    -Kill la Kill
    -Samurai Flamenco (I just want the penny to drop....to see if the shift in tone after episode 7 is real or some massive injoke)

Others Im warming to are:

-Nobunaga the Fool
    -World Conquest Zvazda Plot
    -Hamatora

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Noragami and Hamatora are great so far.

Catching up with Golden Time, starting to turn on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭IHeartYuki

This season I'm watching:

Kill la Kill
    Nourin
    Log Horizon
    Strike the Blood
    Mahou Sensou
    Nisekoi
    Pupa
    Noragami
    Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda
    Golden Time
    Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil
    Witch Craft Works
    Tonari no Seki-kun
    Hamatora
    D-Frag!
    Seitokai Yakuindomo*
    Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta
    Hoozuki no Reitetsu
    Buddy Complex
    Onee-chan ga Kita
    Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
    Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
    Nagi no Asukara
    Gin no Saji 2nd Season
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai! Ren

...I think I may be an addict. Chu-2 and Log Horizon are my favourites at the moment but I'm liking the progress of the love stories in Nagi no Asukara and I'm really warming up to Noragami but this could be because I recognise the MC's seyuu also voices Koyomi Araragi from Monogatari (one of my favourite series).

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

IHeartYuki wrote: »
    *snip* ....and I'm really warming up to Noragami but this could be because I recognise the MC's seyuu also voices Koyomi Araragi from Monogatari (one of my favourite series).

I like to think of Noragami as Monogatari, but with Araragi as a god instead of an immortal half-vampire. =)

G.J. wrote: »
    I like to think of Noragami as Monogatari, but with Araragi as a god instead of an immortal half-vampire. =)

Now I'm picturing that! But I think he's a little less of a pervert in Noragami, at least so far ;)

Monogatari S2 is very disappointing. I've been following it since.. Neko I think? And my interest has dwindled in the series. However I MUST follow it to the end at this point!

• Advertisement

Monogatari S2 is very disappointing. I've been following it since.. Neko I think? And my interest has dwindled in the series. However I MUST follow it to the end at this point!

If you haven't finished it yet I'm not going to spoil anything for you. I'm just going to say that it started slowly but from just after the halfway point I felt like I was on a rollercoaster.

Advertisement