Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

watching azumanga daioh, pretty sure I never actually finished this

only thing I have to watch it in my room on the computer, I am not watching this show in the living room where anybody could walk in

I love that show. You can feel it melting your brain if you watch too much in one go, though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

watching azumanga daioh, pretty sure I never actually finished this

only thing I have to watch it in my room on the computer, I am not watching this show in the living room where anybody could walk in

One of my favourite all time greats.

On another note, Kill La Kill's latest episode is great, pretty much turning everything so far right on its head.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Still watching kill la kill and still enjoying it.

Log horizon dropped the ball a bit with the last few episodes where it felt like too much exposition and little drama.

Hopefully no more is needed

Also following magi. Originally hoped it would be an Arabian style full metal alchemist but it's clearly in the same territory as naruto bleach and one piece so will never end (well end in double digits) and I can only really follow 1 of these type of shows at a time. If fairy tail is back later this year I'll drop this in a heartbeat for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Kill La kill might be the one anime that I'll buy when it comes out on disk.

It's actually a surprisingly intelligent show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭IHeartYuki

I just finished watching watching Mahou Shoujo Madoko Magica. The emotions this show stirred up! It's probably too soon for me to talk about it all but I'll say this:

Best show I've seen in the last two years! This show had everything: magic, aliens, love, betrayal, dark enemies and glowing friends. I doubt I'll see anything like it again. Bravo!

If anyone looks at the title and thinks "Meh! A Magical Girl show? How good can it be?", do not be deceived. This is most definitely not in the vein of the Pretty Cure franchise and other Magical Girl shows. Nothing is what you expect. Have tissues handy and be prepared to alternate between yelling support, screaming at the unfairness of it all and tears of sadness and joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

IHeartYuki wrote: »
    I just finished watching watching Mahou Shoujo Madoko Magica. The emotions this show stirred up! It's probably too soon for me to talk about it all but I'll say this:

Best show I've seen in the last two years! This show had everything: magic, aliens, love, betrayal, dark enemies and glowing friends. I doubt I'll see anything like it again. Bravo!

If anyone looks at the title and thinks "Meh! A Magical Girl show? How good can it be?", do not be deceived. This is most definitely not in the vein of the Pretty Cure franchise and other Magical Girl shows. Nothing is what you expect. Have tissues handy and be prepared to alternate between yelling support, screaming at the unfairness of it all and tears of sadness and joy.

I was delighted to see that it turned the "magical girl" around a fair bit. Really found it excellent.

I just finished Shigurui. I'm not generally into samurai/period anime, but I found it very good. But be prepared to be left a bit wanting in the end.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I just recently watched Spirited Away for the first time.
    Absolutely loved it. Brilliant is an understatement...

I would love to go back an experience the magic for the first time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

somebody please stop letting me watch shippuden week-by-week

i forgot i started watching gankutsuo ages ago.i really like the weird artwork in this

Hmmm, I hate how I can't wait for Kill La Kill.

I know it's a sighn of a well made show, but...damn trigger.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the latest episode it's probably the best yet. 6 episodes to go on the show, I wonder how it'll pan out.

Hunter x Hunter. It has a childish artstyle, but it's actually pretty good.

Also, Satsuki is really stealing the show in Kill La Kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tomd983

I recently finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, fantastic show cant recommend it enough. Before that I watched Code Geass, again another fantastic show. Next on my list is the Witchblade anime. I watched Ergo Proxy a couple of months ago, I enjoyed it but a few episodes in the middle were boring. Avatar Legend of AAng and Legend of korra are must see shows IMO. Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny are two great gUndam shows for any fans, although they have different names they really are just series 1 and series 2 of the same show, Destiny being the second series.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

watched the first episodes of Freezing Vibration and Deadman Wonderland

Deadman Wonderland looks quite good and i'm curious to see more of Freezing Vibration

Deadman could have been great but it slipped a good bit towards the end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finished soul eater,I enjoyed it,must find something new to watch now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Finished watching FMA Brotherhood with herself :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Watching Welcome to the N.H.K. I'm loving it :D

i'm on the third arc of Hunter X Hunter. I would definitely recommend this anime!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Martonio

I did a small Ghilbi run. Watched Nausicaa and Laputa. Both excellent films. I cannot wait to see "The Wind Rises"

• Advertisement

I'm going through Mirai Nikki for the first time and really enjoying it. Interesting story and the characters are very interesting - quite messed up, but interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Started watching Tiger & Bunny with herself! :D Such fun!

That reminds me, I must watch Mirai Nikki also ;)

I just watched the 2 min trailer for Z-Kai: Cross Road. AFAIK it's some kind of preparatory trailer for upcoming exams in Japan but I noticed that the song in it seems to be to a familiar air: I had to watch it twice before I figured out it was Danny Boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

...Hamatora are great so far.

Randomly started watching this yesterday - really enjoying it, I like the fact the fact that they arnt spending time explaining the background for some reason and just concentrating on the story.

Links234 wrote: »
    Started watching Tiger & Bunny with herself! :D Such fun!

That reminds me, I must watch Mirai Nikki also ;)

Mirai Nikki is great.

Just finished Mirai Nikki. If you plan on watching it don't forget to watch Mirai Nikki: Redial immediately after the last episode of the main story. I won't say why: SPOILERS!

I really likes the show itself: I've never been a Yandere fan but Yuna's up there at number one on my yandere list now. I you like a fun, fast flowing story check it out.

Watching blood atm,not great tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Watching blood atm,not great tbh

Are you talking about Blood+ or Blood:The Last Vampire?
    I enjoyed both.

Hesthea wrote: »
    Are you talking about Blood+ or Blood:The Last Vampire?
    I enjoyed both.

Blood +,hopefully it will pick up.

• Advertisement

Wow blood has actually gotten very good since I posted last time :O on to season 2 now.

Advertisement