Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭seamonkey92

Hellsing Ultimate Ova's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Madoka Magika.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've just started watching Madoka Magika :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Prepare for the feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels.

I kinda know about it a bit ;)

Just watched episode 3 :o

• Advertisement

Huh, I think I'm only an episode ahead of you.

Urobochi (?) is an incredible writer.

So I went on the internet...and found THIS:
    dbsenna1.jpg

Finished Madoka

At first I thought it was just too cutesy for me, but then I thought what a wonderfully uplifting and happy experience it was :D

I thought today was Star Wars Day, not Opposite Day! :pac:

I think everyone needs to see Madoka! :D

And just how adorable is that little Kyubey? Don't you just wanna cuddle him! :pac:

Kyubey%27s_moving_tail.gif

• Advertisement

I think everyone needs to see Madoka!

And just how adorable is that little Kyubey? Don't you just wanna cuddle him!

I kind of hate anime :P I have such a short attention span, that I always get distracted by other animes. I really need to finish Madoka.

You know, I love the character desighns in anime. You could do a study into them or something.

Like, at a glance he looks cute. But the up close shots of him show he has very, very wide and hard eyes. It usually comes out during some pretty dark moments.

I mean, look at this: qb.jpg

It kind of reminds me of the character design of Nui in Kill la Kill.

Finish it, it's so worth it ;)

Nui is like that little 13-year-old you come across in online shooters who has learned how to hack the game.

I reckon I will finish it, but I'm caught up with NHK at the moment.

Story is incredibly, art is awful.

I was a little bit harsh on anime subculture after watching HNK, but, I wonder, would it be a good or bad idea to introduce anime/manga to my younger sibling?

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    would it be a good or bad idea to introduce anime/manga to my younger sibling?

Show 'em some Ghibli, they'd be missing out otherwise :D

Also, are there any good slice of lifes involving twenty year olds?

I'm really liking NHK at the moment.

I second Links' pro-Ghibli motion, I think the first anime not centred around trading cards or video games that I ever watched was Spirited Away.

No idea, as far as anime goes, I'm very much into Sci-Fi/Fantasy or psychological kinda ones, "slice of life" doesn't really interest me so I never really got into any of it. I'm sure someone else might have an idea though.

Really must give NHK another go, watched the first episode and left it on the backburner for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Golden Time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭OiOshawott

Currently downloading Panty and Stocking. Plan to watch it over the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Bartender and Salaryman Kintaro are cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

mrkite77 wrote: »
    Golden Time?

Not really a SOL, more a romance/drama but it does have SOL elements. For the poster asking, it's characters are in college rather than the usual high school.

Usagi Drop is a SOL based around a an adult and a small girl. The main focus is on the adult so it's a bit different again to the usual HS based SOLs.

Other than that I don't really know any SOLs with older characters. I would recommend Silver Spoon though as even though it's based around high school age characters, the agricultural school element gives it a different twist and it's really quite charming as well as funny.

Also, finish Madoka haha! Has anyone here seen the 3rd film yet? I thought it was excellent albeit ultra confusing after about 3/4th of the way in!

Konata wrote: »
    Has anyone here seen the 3rd film yet?
    no, not watched any of the films

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Watching tenchi muyo gxp

Really enjoyed,found myself laughing a lot.

Watching fate zero now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I've recently come out of years long Anime cryo-sleep by catching up with the One Piece manga (good lord, so many), and realising that Crunchyroll is NOT an IP blocked website in Ireland (I always thought it was for some reason), and I checked out this Attack on Titan everyone's been going on about. Feel very conflicted on it, I liked it overall, but definitely it had good and bad elements:

Bad: Terrible and boring characters, muddling plot, second half of the series was worse than the first, very blatant switches to still images to save animation budget, the very few plot-twists there were were presented badly and stopping at episode 25 practically gave me plot whiplash.

Good: Really interesting world, very compelling world mystery, excellent designs both in the titans and the weapons used to fight them, amazing action set-pieces, and best opening sequence of maybe any anime ever.

I would like to give special shout-outs to the first
    Titan versus Titan
    fight in the forest, which might be the first battle in anime history I've seen where nobody talks, nobody shouts out attack names, and there are no bystanders who go "OH MY GOD, DID YOU SEE THAT ATTACK! WE ARE VERY SURPRISED BY THE POWER LEVEL OF IT!". It managed to be really subdued and epic at the same time. That's not easy.

If anyone wants to hit me up with any other recommendations, I'd appreciate that, he's a random list of anime I've watched in the past that I did/didn't like, if that refines things at all:

Liked
    Read or Die the OVA
    Cowboy Bebop
    Samurai Champloo
    Wolfs Rain
    Azumanga Daioh
    One Piece
    Attack on Titan
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Outlaw Star
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex

Did not like:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Tengu Tenge
    Love Hina
    Elfen Lied
    Bleach
    Naruto
    Gintama!
    Bobobo-Bobo
    Excel Saga
    Hellsing
    Trigun

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Links234 wrote: »
    Really must give NHK another go, watched the first episode and left it on the backburner for the moment.

I watched NHK on netflixs a few months back and really enjoyed it.

Liked
    Read or Die the OVA
    Cowboy Bebop
    Samurai Champloo
    Wolfs Rain
    Azumanga Daioh
    One Piece
    Attack on Titan
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Outlaw Star
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex

Did not like:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Tengu Tenge
    Love Hina
    Elfen Lied
    Bleach
    Naruto
    Gintama!
    Bobobo-Bobo
    Excel Saga
    Hellsing
    Trigun

Dunno if you'd like these or not but here goes

Full metal panic
    vanguard
    gun grave
    fairy tale

Was gonna suggest tri gun but I see its on your don't like list :( along with excel saga *shudders* :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Dunno if you'd like these or not but here goes

Full metal panic
    vanguard
    gun grave
    fairy tale

Was gonna suggest tri gun but I see its on your don't like list :( along with excel saga *shudders* :-P

There's a few Full Metal Panics isn't there? Giant Robot/Highschool thing? I pretty sure I watched one series of it. Only thing I can remember is liking the music.... maybe.

I really liked the start of Trigun where it was "uncertain" if the dude the auditors are following is actually Vash the Stampede. The incompetent goofball hero was refreshing. Once that plotpoint is resolved, and the auditor characters are more or less dropped, I found the rest of the series up to the end a real slog. I did finish it though.

I dropped Excel Saga very quickly. Absolutely not for me.

I've watched two seasons of FMP, I enjoyed both but the first season was a lot more serious than the second.

The less said about excel saga the better -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

This season's lineup hasn't really impressed me that much so far, but maybe I was just watching the wrong things.

I'm really liking No Game No Life, it's progressing at an enjoyable pace, it's funny, and I appreciate the amount insight given into each game that is being played, particularly the tidbits on probability relating to each game of 'chance'. Steph's VA has one hell of a vocal range as well. I'm looking forward to the new episodes each week.

I'm going off Mahouka pretty quick, it seems pretty bland and generic, the MC is overpowered as all hell, and all the onii-samas coming out of Miyuki are doing my head in.

The pacing in Black Bullet is far too quick, they've gotten through what most series hope to get through in a season in the space of three to four episodes. It's probably because it's only one cour, it seems like it could have been good if it was two cour, they could have slowed things down and developed the story a little more.

I'm thinking of picking up One Week Friends too, I've heard it's supposed to be pretty good.

Advertisement