Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

ya it also doesn't help that they changed the voice actors on the dubbed version and it did my head in, they all have different accents and sound really stupid.

I watch subbed :)

The dubs have a really annoying habit of showing any strong emotion as a constipated growling voice.

It ruined the Wrath character in FMA for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I've given fairy tale a break for the moment, and I'm now watching black cat,good so far.

Black Cat starts off really good, for like.... 5 episodes? Then the main character changes his clothes and his personality drastically; and it feels like the show just flails around in an unentertaining way until it ends.

Considering the animation quality, the cool intro songs and first few episodes, I had very high expectations of it; and came away very disappointed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Links234 wrote: »
    Going to start watching Fate/Zero soon I think :D

Good series,I was watching it and got distracted by fairytale,must start watching it agaon .

Black Cat starts off really good, for like.... 5 episodes? Then the main character changes his clothes and his personality drastically; and it feels like the show just flails around in an unentertaining way until it ends.

Considering the animation quality, the cool intro songs and first few episodes, I had very high expectations of it; and came away very disappointed

Well that's disappointing to hear,I'm only on ep 3.

Well that's disappointing to hear,I'm only on ep 3.

By all means, make your own mind up.

My issues began immediately when Train changes to a different outfit, and a drastically different personality. I kept thinking "Oh was there a timeskip? Maybe they'll flashback and explain what happened in the meantime"

They never do.

So if you find it disconcerting and bad after that change, save yourself the bother and just stop. Don't watch all the way to the end like me. It won't ever improve again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

+1, Black Cat had so much promise but falls flat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Rewatching Kill La Kill seeing as it just went up on Netflix US

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Inital D final stage....both this and 5th Stage are so boring compared to the earlier series.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

By all means, make your own mind up.

My issues began immediately when Train changes to a different outfit, and a drastically different personality. I kept thinking "Oh was there a timeskip? Maybe they'll flashback and explain what happened in the meantime"

They never do.

So if you find it disconcerting and bad after that change, save yourself the bother and just stop. Don't watch all the way to the end like me. It won't ever improve again.

I think I'll dump it for now and go back to fate zero :)

Rewatching Kill La Kill seeing as it just went up on Netflix US

Blue exorcist is on it too, looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Blue Exorcist is a whole lotta fun, like Hellboy crossed with Harry Potter :pac: I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than I thought I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Links234 wrote: »
    Blue Exorcist is a whole lotta fun, like Hellboy crossed with Harry Potter :pac: I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than I thought I would.

Loved it too. Ordered the movie on bluray over the weekend. Will hopefully turn up before the end of next week. Seriously, Zavvi might have some fantastic prices (they're selling Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn for nearly €10 less than anywhere else I've seen when shipping is accounted for) but their shipping speed is lousy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Almost completed FMA Brotherhood. Roommate is most of the way through Gundam 00. Got some of the way through Attack on Titan and waiting for more Avatar to surface

Watching Wixoss at the moment. Kind of like Madoka.

I read all of One Punch Man recently.

It's not great, but its a fun little read and I find it very endearing.

It's about a young man who fails to get a job or join the workforce; then while feeling purposeless and bored with life he decides to become a super hero.

After becoming a super hero, he is STILL purposeless and bored with life; because he finds (to his surprise) he is the most powerful superhero in the world, and can end any fight in "One Punch".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Finished Shigurui, started Ergo Proxy now

• Registered Users Posts: 7 OtakuCon

Let's see!
    At the moment I am reading volume 2 of Fryits basket after buying the whole collection the other week used.
    Am only reading at like 1 chapter a day so twill be a while before I'm done.
    Also just watched the first disc of Bamboo Blade last night, not too bad, but couldnt wait to finish the first disc at the end of the night !

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Just started Bodacious Space Pirates. High school girl becomes captain of a pirate spaceship.. what's not to like?

edit: OP:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

On the suggestion of recent posts, I watched Servant x Service, I thought it was very good, a lot of laughs and easy to watch.

Now what next to pick... :P

I'm watching Black Bullet at the moment. It's great, but I wish they got rid of the awkward fan service.

Death note is on netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

No Game No Life ended and now I'm sad. I'll have to find something else to fill that void.

• Advertisement

I'm watching Black bullet at the moment.

It's kind of like Attack on Titan. Except, Imo, a more nuanced world, better narration and worse amounts of otaku humour.

Also, it can be nihilistic without being OTT.

Watched a few eps of Hunter x Hunter.

Main plot feels like filler, I dread to see what the filler is like.

Then I just gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Overheal wrote: »
    Almost completed FMA Brotherhood. Roommate is most of the way through Gundam 00. Got some of the way through Attack on Titan and waiting for more Avatar to surface
    Gotta watch the 00 movie, "Awakening Of The Trailblazer", but dunno if it's been too long since I've watched the series to get into it. Also must watch more of Attack on Titan.

Seems I may have yet to watch "Gundam SEED Destiny" and "Gundam Wing - Mobile Suit Gundam". Cool.

Watching BlazBlue. It looks odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 John_the_smith

Bleach , Death Note, Inuyasha are awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

OtakuCon wrote: »
    Let's see!
    At the moment I am reading volume 2 of Fryits basket after buying the whole collection the other week used.
    Am only reading at like 1 chapter a day so twill be a while before I'm done.

How are you finding it? I loved it! I was surprised by how much more story there was to the manga than the anime.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Fruits Basket manga is awesome. I got my copy of its entirety in Eason

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

the_syco wrote: »
    Seems I may have yet to watch "Gundam SEED Destiny" and "Gundam Wing - Mobile Suit Gundam". Cool.

Could only watch 2 episodes of BlazBlue before I switched over to some Gundam SEED Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭LeonardNelson

Currently watching No Game No Life and Black Bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭LeonardNelson

G.J. wrote: »
    No Game No Life ended and now I'm sad. I'll have to find something else to fill that void.

I recommend Black Bullet and Kill la kill. They are an action anime.

• Advertisement

Could only watch 2 episodes of BlazBlue before I switched over to some Gundam SEED Destiny.

I have no idea how good the anime is, but Blazblue started off as an "anime" fighting game series with a pretty cool plot and story mode..... FOR a fighting game (low bar to be sure).

For example: The plot twists etc at the end of the first two games I thought were really good.

But I don't really know how that would translate into a stand-alone anime, since the story mode is just presented as: Talking -> Battle -> Dialog choice -> Talking -> Battle (repeat until last boss)

Also the anime wouldn't let you make the clearly "wrong" story choices to get the ridiculous joke endings where everybody is dead and a ghost and trying to co-operate to run a ghost pirate ship; or the protagonist decides to stop saving the world and starts a rock band with the villains etc etc

Advertisement