Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

The BlazBlue anime is god-awful. Animation is crappy quality and the story makes no sense (I had a vague idea of the story before watching the anime and hadn't a notion what was going on for 95% of it). It's sad cause BB does have a really cool story by the sounds of it but the anime is just a disaster.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The Alter Memory one? God that was awful. How it seen the light of day is beyond me. It just screamed of cash-grab with a low budget set for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

The Alter Memory one? God that was awful. How it seen the light of day is beyond me. It just screamed of cash-grab with a low budget set for it.

Yup, that's the one! I forced myself to finish it but it was pretty painful :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Konata wrote: »
    Yup, that's the one! I forced myself to finish it but it was pretty painful :/

Doesn't help that they crushed Calamity Trigger into a single episode and then wasted another on the obligitory hot springs filler episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I recommend Black Bullet and Kill la kill. They are an action anime.

I'd especially recommend Kill La Kill.

I wonder if anyone here's watched Black Lagoon? It popped into my head when I saw the name "Black Bullet". :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I'd especially recommend Kill La Kill.

I wonder if anyone here's watched Black Lagoon? It popped into my head when I saw the name "Black Bullet". :pac:

Love it, have been reminded of it a few times from BB's name. Probably one of the series where the dub was better than the sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Black Lagoon's great.

And, we'll probably be getting a new season sooner or later. Mad house did an anime web thing for the new chapter, so looks like they're keen to start it up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I watched Plastic Nee-san. It was eh.... not good :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

giphy.gif

I thought the few random gifs I've seen of it were more entertaining than the show itself.

tumblr_mjt6z81QKD1r8tyjfo1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Just finished Kids on the Slope. What a great show, don't know why I didn't watch it when it first came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Beefy187

mrkite77 wrote: »
    Just finished Kids on the Slope. What a great show, don't know why I didn't watch it when it first came out.

Ah. Great show isn't it
    That was first ever anime which I managed to get my father to see the whole thing.
    Music never sounded more beautiful in Animes

Watching Bakemontagari.

It's strange, but kind of brilliant.

And, for some strange reasons, the fan service thankfully doesn't come across as fan service.

EDIT:

Hmmm, I've heard a little bit more about the future series. I see it as a bit of an artsy tv-show, but if it turns into a pervy thing, then I'm not going to watch it.

I hope it doesn't tbh.

tumblr_n4jf4lzkZZ1tvfolno3_500.gif
    Just finished watching World is Still Beautiful, Knights of Sidonia and No Game No Life.

It will be interesting to see what they do in season 2 of Sidonia considering the stuff they skipped, the first season covers upto volume 6, but there is easily 2 volumes of content that was removed or skipped.
    Kunato/Ochiais plans, Shinatose's prosthesis, the incoming threat of the Ocarina and multiple attacks on Sidonia by the Hawk Moth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Really tempted to start watching Yu Gi Oh again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

I recommend Black Bullet and Kill la kill. They are an action anime.

I watched the first four episodes of Black Bullet and stopped, the pacing was stupidly fast, I wasn't enjoying it at all. It felt like they were building up an arc that would last for most of the series, but they ended it within a few episodes.

I've already watched Kill la Kill, I followed it as it aired. Looking back, it was alright, not as good as I thought it was when I was watching it initially.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just finished fate zero,not a bad show at all.

Now I dunno what to watch next, kill la kill,death note or blue exorcist.

Death Note is a must, awesome show ;) Blue Exorcist isn't amazing, but it's a lot of fun and both myself & herself really enjoyed it. Haven't gotten around to watching Kill la Kill yet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Death note it is then :D there's 37 episodes up on netflix , is there more than that?

Nope, that's the lot, and it's a fantastic story from start to end.

• Advertisement

Death note is fricking awesome !

Death note is fricking awesome !

It's a great show, well written, intelligent and the voice actors are terrific. And to boot, there's no crappy 'fanservice' to drag things down either, it's just a win at every aspect. :D

Links234 wrote: »
    It's a great show, well written, intelligent and the voice actors are terrific. And to boot, there's no crappy 'fanservice' to drag things down either, it's just a win at every aspect. :D
    Maybe that foot rub :P I know it was showing intimacy and so on, but, still, a strange moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

The first episode of S2 of Free! came out yesterday, there is some mighty fine plot in it.

I'm overall pretty excited for this season of shows though, Terror in Tokyo, Free, Aldnoah.Zero, Tokyo Ghoul. I actually have shows to watch, it's practically a miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Went with Yu-Gi-Oh, regret nothing.

Watching Fate/Zero at the moment.

Knights of Sidonia is now up on Netflix subbed and dubbed, Johnny Yong Bosch is Nagate. Appears to be the broadcast version of the animation with an English overlay on the OP/ED, missing next episode previews.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Finally watching Cross Game. I watched the first episode a couple of months ago, and then had to take a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crolekka

I'm just getting back into anime so I think I'll re-watch Death Note which got me into anime in the first place. Well you could argue Yu-Gi-Oh but I really just loved playing the card game :P As people mention Death Note is awesome and I hope it'll re-kindle my anime interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I haven't watched Death Note but I remember reading it. That was one complex plot! But it was enjoyable to watch something so clever reveal itself volume by volume.

• Advertisement

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Maybe that foot rub :P I know it was showing intimacy and so on, but, still, a strange moment.
    I wouldn't consider that fanservice, that was actually a pretty intense scene and there was a lot of symbolism to it, it came across more like a biblical reference. By fanservice I mean the usual contextless panty shots/upskirts

Advertisement