Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Headshot wrote: »
    just got some great news

darker than black season 2 has just started

cant wait till it gets subbed

Has been done by BSS fansubs now... Spotted it earlier and it was the first thing that I'd heard about a second season:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Just started watching Bakemonogatari, which is really quite excellent. From the same studio that make Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, so very similar humour and animation.

After I blitz this series, cause it has sucked me in, I'll be checking out Canaan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Arion24

Rewatching entire Mai Hime and Otome series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Darker than Black , first series. Want to start Azumanga Daioh too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 david1k

currently watching fruits basket, and working on re-watching naruto ^-^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Miasima Goria

Just finished Deathnote, too many twists in the plot for my liking but I did enjoy it. Not sure whether to watch the film though.

Was thinking about reading Claymore or Hikaru no Go next.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 N-line

I'm reading Deathnote and OnePeace, they rock :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

watching full metal alchemist because the internet told me to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Technodrome

Just finished Dragonball, and Dragonball Z, starting GT now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Just finished Canaan, nice animation, but hmm, not the k-west
    Watching and loving Bakemonogatari. (except for the fan service, not needed)

Scheduled Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 next, that looks schmexy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Watching Darker than black season 1 atm

Is there much point to watching fullmetal alchemist brotherhood if iv seen full metal alchemist the original series? Iv been told its not great but not wheter theres much difference to the old series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Massive difference.

The new season actually follows the original storyline of the manga. The old one carved it's own path from about the Labratory 5 incident moving forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

every thing this season with the exception of the following
    Seitokai no Ichizon (i hate this)
    kobato

but i want you all to know about Winter Sonata
    i not sure if it's Japanese anime it look like it is it's show in Japan but like the rest of Japanese soaps it's Korean at least in language

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kathileenchen

I read:

Inuyasha,Anatolia Story, Ranma 1/2 ,cherry juce.

I watch: Elfen Lied,Inuyasha (DVD)

I watched: Dedektiv Conan,Inuyasha,KKJ,Ranma 1/2,Nadja,Mononoke-hime,x1999 Movie,DBZ,Pokemon,Digimon,Mila,Sailor Moon,Doremi,KKM,Night Wizards,Kickers and an other Anime ( I forgot the name XD)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

finally finished Code Geass R2... bloody brilliant.

dunno what to watch now. think i might watch Darker Than Black

i dunno what to watch now!!! finished xxxholic and air last week. not sure what to watch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Just finished Beck : Mongolian Chop Squad. T'was fantastic. Made me pick up the guitar again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Latest Gantz are grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Still watching Ergo Proxy, anime watching took a dive since college started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

assignments are due, so a ramp up in anime watching for bogg0rz0r:

Finished this week:
    Starship Operator 8/10
    Aria the Animation 5/10
    Library War 7/10

Currently ripping through:
    Aria the Natural

Currently enqueued:
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes (110 episode OVA, the vintage space opera)
    Baccano!
    ToraDora!
    Dennou Coil
    Spice and Wolf

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got the girl who leapt through time,must watch it over xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ratrope

I've just finished Bakemonogatari and now am contemplating to start up Darker Than Black Season 1 again, since Season 2 is getting so much praise. Re-watchhing Gurren Lagann might also be fun, if only for the pure manliness factor. Are there any new SHAFT-anime this season? Gotta find that Winter-chart again...

ratrope wrote: »
    I've just finished Bakemonogatari and now am contemplating to start up Darker Than Black Season 1 again, since Season 2 is getting so much praise. Re-watchhing Gurren Lagann might also be fun, if only for the pure manliness factor. Are there any new SHAFT-anime this season? Gotta find that Winter-chart again...

i am also rewatching darker than black season 1. i only watched season 1 before in very brief patches, so i didnt pay too much attention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭cormac128

ive watched way too many anime i dont even remember them all might watch darker than black again

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

FMA Brotherhood... I started watching this anime update, then started reading the manga and i'm now entirely up to date on that too :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

death note again <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

yea im just after watching death note again too, had forgotten how damn good it was 8)

watching legend of the galactic heroes now, awesome stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Lilith306

Just finished Hellsing OVA 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Robabob

I've been keeping up to date with Naruto Shippuden, watching Bleach when I can and my girlfriend bought me the DVD boxset of Death Note anime and the Death Note manga collection boxset for Xmas so I'm re-watching Death Note having streamed it last year. Its awesome :D
    I'll start reading it once I finish my current book :)
    I bought her the Death Note films for Xmas so we have them there to be watched too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Watched the girl who leapt through time tonight,what a masterpiece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Watched the girl who leapt through time tonight,what a masterpiece.

I watched it last night, very enjoyable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its finally out one piece 571

full of win

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/571-31/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Going to start watching Wangan Midnight again. I stopped watching at about episode 12, but wan't to get back into it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Watching: Ouran High School Host Club, Evangelion 1.0 & 2.0, Fushigi Yuugi.
    Hoping to start Death Note soon.

Reading: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon. I'm on volume 3 at the moment, imported all 14 from Japan recently :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 luffi45

i'm watching naruto shippuden :) and i read one piece and naruto

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 maddoggdan20

watchin flcl which is crazy and reading 666 satan its actually quite good its by the younger brother of the naruto's writer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 LucasGaGa

:pI was watching Shakugan No Shana II but kinda got bored from watching it too much, may get back into it! I'm on like episode 5 of DEATH NOTE so i'll be going to watch that soon! and im on like episode 2 of KARIN that im not so interested in...And im on episode 14 of BLOOD+
    Im reading D.N.Angel now >.< just like 5 more volumes left!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 garvielloken

Just read Mai Chan's Daily Life by Waita Uziga. It's pretty extreme by anyones standards. I'm also reading some Hideshi Hino and Shintaro Kago (his manga Abstraction is one of the best pieces of surreal art I've ever seen.)

I have some Fist of the North Star manga coming soon in the post so that should keep me busy for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 661

BLEACH !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, i watched 42 episode in 4 days ☺☺

What an amazing show indeed, its so good i wasn't even bothered watching Lost this week!

Can't wait for the final episode!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

started watching One Piece there a couple of weeks back and am completely hooked, awesome fights and some hilarious moments :D

also really enjoying Cross Game and Dance in the Vampire Bund atm too

just finished Zombie Loan and FMA

watching School Days and... Azumanga Daioh 0_o

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DandareRastaban

Ok so..... I finished Code Geass yesterday (in 2 days, each for a one season) and I must say it's AMAZING SERIES!!!

If anyone is obsessed with tactics (like me), like badass genius characters (like me) or plainly enjoy watching nice mecha fights - IT'S ANIME FOR YOU !!... also girls seem look better with each episode (mostly Karen as for me XD )

Right now I'm not watching to much since lack of time... but I do watch:

Kiddy Girl-and : quite fun, very nice art-style aaaaand... I'm the fan of first series (Tat-tadah!)

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun : seem to lack something compared with the To Aru Majutsu Index... but still is fun (maybe it was made more for girls this time and that's why I'm not satisfied?)

Omamori Himari : OH MOE!.... ok I did read the manga earlier and it's mangaka is a Daisenpai for me (hail). Story is real fun and seem light... and does bear nice amount of ecchi fanservice ;)

Chu Bra!! : ... one girl said to me it's a weirdest anime ever... I didn't agree but then I saw the first episode and... damn in many terms she was right >_>. I must warn You! To watch this You must be either 12-16 year old girl or be a plainly insane person >_<

That's it for now ^^'

yeah cant wait for Code Geass R3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Just watched the first season of xxxHolic.

Some words to describe it: Long, drawn-out, slow, repetitive, predictable, frustrating.

Episodes that are not resolved and/or don't seem to matter. Main character who constantly takes abuse without ever standing up for himself in any serious way. Little subtlety to the emotional parts. Unsatisfying end to the season, with barely any character growth having occurred.

Fnz wrote: »

Some words to describe it: Long, drawn-out, slow, repetitive, predictable, frustrating.

Episodes that are not resolved and/or don't seem to matter. Main character who constantly takes abuse without ever standing up for himself in any serious way. Little subtlety to the emotional parts. Unsatisfying end to the season, with barely any character growth having occurred.

really? i thought it was ok. the animation style was different and amusing, the stories in each episodes were captivating (not all the time though), however, i was frustrated at the lack of conclusion on the main characters love interests

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

Fnz wrote: »

Word of advice, read the manga. It's much better than the anime especially when read along with Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle.
    The xxxHoLic anime also cuts out all of the Tsubasa references (kind of integral to the plot later on) if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Word of advice, read the manga. It's much better than the anime especially when read along with Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle.
    The xxxHoLic anime also cuts out all of the Tsubasa references (kind of integral to the plot later on) if I remember correctly.

I'll pass on the manga - I watched 24 episodes of the anime so feel I've given it a fair shake. I'm loath to invest more time into something really didn't 'grab me'. It's disappointing.

I never even heard of 'Tsubasa' until you mentioned it there.

Reckon I need to stop allowing Clamp abuse me with their anime products. Haven't seen much of their stuff but don't remember enjoying any of it. Beyond xxxHolic... think I've seen Tokyo Babylon and X - the fact that I'm not certain isn't, usually, a good sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ILoveSesshomaru

Headshot wrote: »
    im currently watching

bleach

didnt like the filler that much but thats over now so hopefully back on track

one piece

really like that show somthing about it

im loving it at the moment ,fighting against Gecko Moria
    some fight too

and theres naruto

gone off the story
    but planning to get back into it

im mostly reading the manga
    im loving it
    major spoiler here
    nearly shed a tear when i found out pervy sage died

just wondering
    do you really think Jaraiya is really dead
    cant wait for the pain versus naruto who becomes the new frog sage

Noooo!
    pervy sage died!
    :(
    currently watching Inuyasha and Fruits Baskets
    Reading School Rumble and Immortal Rain :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tokyodrift

Readingggg Naruto, Bleach & Full Metal Alchemist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement