Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Ascendant

Evade wrote: »
    I am really liking Eizouken. The art is really interesting and I like Kanamori's constant artist wrangling because there's work to get done.

Indeed, always nice to have something original.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So tired of all the Isekai, most of it is complete trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭Evade

Ascendant wrote: »
    Indeed, always nice to have something original.
    It's like a companion piece to Shirobako which is one of my favouorite anime.

Varik wrote: »
    So tired of all the Isekai, most of it is complete trash.
    I like Isekai but the last year or two was really ovesaturated.

Heya Camp, Yatogame Chan, Somali, and Isekai Quartet are the other anime I look forward to watching every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It's like a companion piece to Shirobako which is one of my favouorite anime.

I like Isekai but the last year or two was really ovesaturated.

Heya Camp, Yatogame Chan, Somali, and Isekai Quartet are the other anime I look forward to watching every week.

Still some good Isekai coming out too though like Ascendance of a Bookworm.

Isekai has been around for a long time but this recent glut can be attributed to the rise of web novel adaptaions, it will pass eventually.

I remember that there was an over saturation of cute girl anime for about 5 years after the release of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Still some good Isekai coming out too though like Ascendance of a Bookworm.
    That was great. Roll on season 2.

I liked Didn't I Say Make my Abilities Average despite how trashy I know it is.

• Advertisement

That was great. Roll on season 2.

I liked Didn't I Say Make my Abilities Average despite how trashy I know it is.

Read the books for Bookworm, they're fantastic. The first 5 volumes are available and 1/5th of the 6th volume is currently available for J-Novel Club subscribers.

Read the books for Bookworm, they're fantastic. The first 5 volumes are available and 1/5th of the 6th volume is currently available for J-Novel Club subscribers.
    I'd like to but I know it'd end up being another thing on my to read pile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Like Bookworm, it's a bit sad with the
    truth about Myne

It been a while but hoping that with all the isekai out, that Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash would get another shot. Somewhat similar to Goblin slayer if anyone's not seen it, and in more ways than just have a lot of goblins in it.

Megumin and Emilia finally spoke to each other in Isekai Quartet.

Varik wrote: »
    Like Bookworm, it's a bit sad with the truth about Myne.

It been a while but hoping that with all the isekai out, that Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash would get another shot. Somewhat similar to Goblin slayer if anyone's not seen it, and in more ways than just have a lot of goblins in it.

I'm currently reading volume 14++ of Grimgar. It goes off the rails pretty hard later on.
    They get Isekai'd out of Grimgar, make it back, get Isekai'd again then end up back in the starting tower with their memories wiped again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just finished watching Killing Bites. Pretty cool, basically Kengan Ashura with animals. Certain scene in the final episode came out of nowhere, was not expecting it and it will stand out for quite some time to do what they did, as I can't recall another anime doing the same. Rumours are Season 2 will happen, so I'm excited for that. It wasn't groundbreaking, but was entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Ascendant

Just finished watching Killing Bites. Pretty cool, basically Kengan Ashura with animals. Certain scene in the final episode came out of nowhere, was not expecting it and it will stand out for quite some time to do what they did, as I can't recall another anime doing the same. Rumours are Season 2 will happen, so I'm excited for that. It wasn't groundbreaking, but was entertaining.

Ah, but what is Killing Bites?

They never answered that one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will there be a season 3 of Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans? Best anime series I've seen in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Donoghh

Currently keeping up to date with Dragon Ball Super and Boku no Hero Academia. I followed Shingeki no Kyojin for an age before falling off, but want to catch up before I start the (supposedly brilliant) third season of the anime!

There's a third season of Non Non Byori on the way.

Will there be a season 3 of Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans? Best anime series I've seen in a long while.

No, that is the end of IBO. Pretty much all of the AU Gundam stuff is available for streaming on Crunchyroll if you want to continue on with Gundam.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No, that is the end of IBO. Pretty much all of the AU Gundam stuff is available for streaming on Crunchyroll if you want to continue on with Gundam.

Aww that's a pity, a really great series, Is the 2003 one on there do you know?

Aww that's a pity, a really great series, Is the 2003 one on there do you know?

That would be Seed Destiny. The HD version of it is there. Excluding a few OVAs most of the non Universal Century series are there.

That would be Seed Destiny. The HD version of it is there. Excluding a few OVAs most of the non Universal Century series are there.

I think it was seed destiny that I saw back then on the cartoon network anyway.

I think it was seed destiny that I saw back then on the cartoon network anyway.
    That was Gundam Wing which is also on Crunchyroll.

• Advertisement

That was Gundam Wing which is also on Crunchyroll.

Yeah, that would be Wing. That was the only one broadcast on Cartoon Network here. Seed and Seed Destiny were later broadcast on a short lived channel called Anime Central on satellite.

I was just thinking about Anime Central. SEED, FMA, GitS S-Cry-ED, and Planetes, good times.

Any of ye watched Bakuman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭megaten

Any of ye watched Bakuman?
    Read the manga years ago, don't know if it holds up at all but if your not familiar with how the production of weekly manga works it probably worth watching for that alone. Don't expect any sort of strong character work though.

The last 10 episodes or so of Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans were tough to watch,really hit me in the feels, a fantastic series though, I think my favorite series ever. Back watching Full metal panic! atm, just finished Full metal panic and fumoffu (I adore fumoffu) and onto second raid now and I'm happy to see they released another series Invisible Victory in 2018 which I didn't know about, not sure what to watch after that, I guess I could go back to bleach but....meh.

The last 10 episodes or so of Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans were tough to watch,really hit me in the feels, a fantastic series though, I think my favorite series ever. Back watching Full metal panic! atm, just finished Full metal panic and fumoffu (I adore fumoffu) and onto second raid now and I'm happy to see they released another series Invisible Victory in 2018 which I didn't know about, not sure what to watch after that, I guess I could go back to bleach but....meh.

Pity they skipped the 6th LN for Invisible Victory.

The first series covers volumes 1-3 with a filler arc and some of the short stories. Fumoffu is entirely made up of short stories. Second Raid covers volumes 4-5. Volume 6 is only covered in an audio drama and IV covers volumes 7-9 with volumes 10-12 not animated.

The first 3 volumes are available in English in a hardback book and volumes 1-6 are available as ebooks with volume 7 being released shortly.

Pity they skipped the 6th LN for Invisible Victory.

The first series covers volumes 1-3 with a filler arc and some of the short stories. Fumoffu is entirely made up of short stories. Second Raid covers volumes 4-5. Volume 6 is only covered in an audio drama and IV covers volumes 7-9 with volumes 10-12 not animated.

The first 3 volumes are available in a hardback book and volumes 1-6 are available as ebooks with volume 7 being released shortly.

Any idea if they will make another series?

Any idea if they will make another series?

IV was supposed to cover volumes 7-12 over 24 episodes, but that changed during production. The animation studio that produced IV, XEBEC, closed after production ended. I would like to see the final 3 volumes animated and hopefully go back and do volume 6, which is my favourite of the series.

I advise you to at least read Dancing Very Merry Christmas between TSR and IV.

The books are €5.19 each on Google Play Books.

Just on the last episode of 2nd raid, christ its way darker and grittier than the first season, I don't remember it being this gritty when I first watched it on the American netflixs in 2012, I'm thinking now did I watch it at all as I can't remember any of it.

• Advertisement

Just on the last episode of 2nd raid, christ its way darker and grittier than the first season, I don't remember it being this gritty when I first watched it on the American netflixs in 2012, I'm thinking now did I watch it at all as I can't remember any of it.

What do you expect from a season with a bunch of Death Note characters hidden in it.

Advertisement