Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest wilderness area in Ireland?

Options
  • 14-10-2008 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in the country where I could hike and camp legally for 3 or 4 days without trespassing? Is Ireland too small to have a swathe of wilderness this big? I don't mind getting a permit if it's in a national park or forest. I've never gone camping or hiking in Ireland before so excuse my naivete, I'm just hoping to go a few days without seeing anyone and to enjoy the flora and fauna our country has to offer.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

What about Curra Chase (spelling) near Foynes N69 Co Limerick, its a national park and very back to nature, should be quiet this time of yr, i luv it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Covenline

Dont know about legally but theyre are plenty of places down around Mcgillicudys, hags glen etc you can camp out of the way and out of site for a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Aye, there's a fair amount of places. You can hike and camp in a lot of Coillte forests either legally or illegally, but they won't care in you're not making a mess. Any particular part of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

well preferably in wicklow but I don't mind travelling, any suggestions?

Advertisement