Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol Prices - Tramore

Options
  • 14-10-2008 12:43am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not much point in a regular thread on this, since the garrages in Tramore are always a lot more expensive then the ones in town. But as of today..

Tramore Service Station (formerly Esso) is trading at 116.9 / 121.9 and Pickardstown Service Station (formerly Maxol) is trading at 115.9 / 120.9

Hope its useful :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

Cool. Must go put some petrol in the car before I can't afford to after 4pm today. They do this every now and again. They were cheaper than most places in town for a fair while maybe 18 months/2 years ago, then things went back to the usual. The always manage to more or less price match each other though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

JMcL wrote: »
    Cool. Must go put some petrol in the car before I can't afford to after 4pm today. They do this every now and again. They were cheaper than most places in town for a fair while maybe 18 months/2 years ago, then things went back to the usual. The always manage to more or less price match each other though.
    That's cos they are owned by the same person!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

scout353 wrote: »
    That's cos they are owned by the same person!!!

Heard the same story a few times, which is apparently wrong. Its his garrage, but not the petrol station apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

Sully wrote: »
    Heard the same story a few times, which is apparently wrong. Its his garrage, but not the petrol station apparently.

I did notice the Pickardstown filling station is owned by a Farrell, dunno if it's the same ones or not

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

JMcL wrote: »
    I did notice the Pickardstown filling station is owned by a Farrell, dunno if it's the same ones or not

All petrol stations in Tramore are owned by himself (though the one at Spar is now just a garage) but the one in Waterford I believe is owned by someone else (might be related, unsure) and that he just runs the garage beside it. :) Funny to see the Tramore stations cheaper then a lot of Waterford stations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement