Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electronics in letterkenny (leds, solder ext)

• 14-10-2008 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

i would like to know where the best and nearest place to by electronic component around letterkenny or if there is a good website to buy off got a few projects on the go and ordering off ebay from uk/usa is so slow and expensive

o and is there a better forum to post this in thanx to any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not sure of anywhere in Letterkenny. Some of the other guys may be able to advise.

You could also try the Consumer Electronics forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

You could try maplin in Derry. Some electrical wholesalers may help in Town or Peats Wholesale in Dublin also supply shops locally and they have quite a bit.

Maplin is quite expensive

What type of Electronics are you looking at. Some of the Music Shops, the Music Centre and reynolds supply components to order at times

• Registered Users Posts: 21 niai

maplins is not good in my mind and it is expensive i am modding game gaming consoles and what i want of the top of my head is:

heat shrink
    cabling
    leds
    solder
    my iron is about to go so a new iron
    and a small amp chip like the LM386L
    solder remover

and just to find a good shop that sells all of this stuff so i can just have a look and get ideas of what other projects to do

it dose not have to be in letterkenny cos i am shore this town has nothing more then clothes shops and hairdressers but some where near or online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Donberg Electronics in Ranafast might be worth a try.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, Donberg would be a good bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

In Letterkenny you could try Irwin's, they have a main shop (TV, washing machines etc your usual run of the mill) and at the side a Trade mans counter where you should be able what you need. Irwin's are opposite the LYIT.

also you could try Crumlish Appliance Repairs & Sales, used to know a fella in there would make you up any type of lead at all, he is not working there anymore. http://www.letterkennyguide.com/crumlish.asp

Advertisement