Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

waiting on appeal

• 14-10-2008 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi there

I am currently waiting on an appeal of an overpayment of social welfare benefit. I filled in the forms to show reason to disagree with this and sent them to the department, but the inspector didn't agree so sent them off for an appeal. (which i didn't actually want to go that far but they were sent).
    This was back in august. Do they usually need to hold an oral hearing? I don't mind if they give me a decision by letter but if they decide to hold an oral hearing can i decline to go? i wouldn't be up for something like that, i'd just rather paid the overpayment to end it all

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Why not ring the Dept. head office and ask them about the appeals process and waiting time without giving your details?

I'm pretty sure you can end it all by sending in a letter telling them that they overpaid you! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Hi thanks for reply

The dept already told me if could take 3 months+ to hear back about the appeal.
    They were the ones that alerted me to the overpayment and i appealed the decision made by the inspector of my local social welfare office plus the amount of the overpayment
    Saying, without going into detail that i was prepared to repay half as i didn't have enough evidence to wrie off the total overpayment. but the social didn't have enough evidence themselves to claim the full amount back.
    I originally only wanted to suggest to the inspector i pay half back, which i stated in a letter along wth forms i was given. She rang sayin she did not agree to this so she sent it on to the appeals office.
    I don't want it going to an oral hearing, too stressful.
    progress.gif

Advertisement