Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Training on inactive accounts suspended ;)

Options
  • 14-10-2008 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=592

Not my training backbone /:eek:\

Meh pretty much decided I'll be quitting eve around 15th nov when the latest GTC's run out. Was hoping to get cap ships V trained during me break but ah well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BAsTid

oh dear! whatever shall my 3accounts do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

For the love of god! Worst decision ever! Why when I leave for the weekend and return does bad **** happen! Not fair I tells ya!!!!!11oneeleven!! :mad:

Edit: Selling my rorq pilot then.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

bah was planning on letting fallen go back for awhile and train bs5 oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This decision is going to upset a lot of people. I'm also quite annoyed as Khan is close to upsubbing and I was gonna leave HAC 5 or something like that training.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I'm delighted I got 3 years worth of this while I could :P
    But having said that this is a bad time for my alt to begin training capital skills >.<

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Savage Munky

Meh. I'll just have to stop paying for eve so - I mean I stopped playing years ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Epic sig apples.

Does this effect accounts that are ghost training atm?

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Epic sig apples.

Does this effect accounts that are ghost training atm?

It will after the patch goes ahead. All accounts currently inactive will cease training.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

ghostrain_small.gif

Just had to post this.. ****in awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The whining on SHC could be tapped as some sort of source of sustainable energy I reckon. Do any of them play the game at all anymore?

The "I'm cancelling my accounts!!!!" thing is hilarious too.

CCP Response: "My non paying accounts backbone!!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

only used the ablity twice as far as i remember so its no great loss for me personally but i guess it will effect those that train up accounts to sell for isk which i suppose is what ccp is trying to stop or at lest get some extra money from still its rather gay that they call it a "bug" when its clearly stated in their player guide that this is a feture and selling point if they need more money why dont they just say so instead of lieing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I for one fully support this action. I find nothing more irritating than joining a corp full of inactive members who haven't renewed their subscription because they want to do some long term training for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

tbh most you are gunna get is 1 maybe 2 mons of training free. I think its a dumb idea to change as it gives people a reason to resub thus actually increasing profits for ccp. I mean one of the reasons ive stuck with this game is that it doesn't really penalize you for not playing 24/7. I can set a long skill take a few months off come back and the game is fun again. proly have less people resubbing alts now which will hurt ccps bottom line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Sand wrote: »
    The whining on SHC could be tapped as some sort of source of sustainable energy I reckon. Do any of them play the game at all anymore?

The "I'm cancelling my accounts!!!!" thing is hilarious too.

CCP Response: "My non paying accounts backbone!!!!"

SHC is full of elitist retards. Just sayin'

kyp_durron wrote: »
    SHC is full of elitist retards. Just sayin'

Isn't that just Eve in general? :nesw: :pac:

Root add a smily into the forum will ye.. make :nesw: turn into:- meatspinsmiley.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I tried free trial and then updated to paid account. I lasted one month, found i was only logging on to train by the end of my first months sub. Learning curve was very steep and i found myslef reading a book half the time, while i was trying to get from one place to the next...!

mamolian wrote: »
    Root add a smily into the forum will ye.. make :nesw: turn into:- meatspinsmiley.gif

I are no admin, so can't :(
    I tried free trial and then updated to paid account. I lasted one month, found i was only logging on to train by the end of my first months sub. Learning curve was very steep and i found myslef reading a book half the time, while i was trying to get from one place to the next...!

Unfortunately this is the case in eve, some people click with it and get on grand and others just don't. I'd urge you to give it another try at some stage, but can't guarantee you'll like it more second time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Were you using autopilot to get around?

Sad thing about this game.. you'd nearly want 6 months training done before you even begin to see how great Eve can be..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

R0ot wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is the case in eve, some people click with it and get on grand and others just don't. I'd urge you to give it another try at some stage, but can't guarantee you'll like it more second time round.

Prolly will go back at some stage and give it another bash. Its still on my Hard drive anyway:). But not until War looses its appeal and i give WoW another go lol.

Heard a rumor this Ghost training hasnt been disabled?? Is that true? Suppose I'll find out one way or another soon.. Will reactivate another account :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Whats ghost training?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Essentially its getting something for nothing. If you were training a skill when your subscription ran out, it kept training so when you resubscribed it would be finished. It seems the majority of SHC/"too cool to login" crowd abused the **** out of this - sub for one month, training short skills, cancel sub for second month whilst training carrier 5 or BS 5 or whatever, and then resub the next month again.

CCP put a stop to it as they began to realise it was costing them money. Many innocents promptly drowned in the flood of tears.

Sand wrote: »
    Essentially its getting something for nothing. If you were training a skill when your subscription ran out, it kept training so when you resubscribed it would be finished. It seems the majority of SHC/"too cool to login" crowd abused the **** out of this - sub for one month, training short skills, cancel sub for second month whilst training carrier 5 or BS 5 or whatever, and then resub the next month again.

CCP put a stop to it as they began to realise it was costing them money. Many innocents promptly drowned in the flood of tears.

Problem about it was a lot of casual gamers played like that also, which ment a lot stopped subscribing after this change, whether CCP lost more money one way or the other is hearsay.

Advertisement