Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preliminary Budget discussion

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

You support non Irish people who sit on their árses claiming benefits with no intention of doing anything else do you?
    Theres a significant number of them.
    There's also a significant number of Irish people who sit on their arses claiming benefits with no intention of doing anything else; presumably you would support having them removed from the state too?

I'll never understand why people make the distinction between Irish and non-Irish spongers; get rid of the lot of 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

We're not a big country.

That's irrelevant.
    You support non Irish people who sit on their árses claiming benefits with no intention of doing anything else do you?

I don't support anyone doing that. However non irish people that have worked here enough to receive the dole have every right to it.
    Theres a significant number of them.I've no truck with people who come here and EARN a living of which you are one I presume.

You got some evidence that there is a problem with non irish people leeching off the dole?
    I do happen to be someone that earns a living and have for almost a decade in this country. I would have no problem claiming the dole, however, as I've worked here for years and I've contributed (like hundreds of thousands of other foreignors) well more than I've taken both in taxes and in the wealth created by my graft.

I'll tell you one thing,if the millions of Irish over generations that went to the States had to depend on social welfare there to live they'd be dead...

So you tink there aren't any Irish sponging unemployment/welfare in America?
    I'm sorry but this reeks of the one sided, hypocritical and the inflated sense of entitlement that I've come to experience amongst some people from here over the years.
    The Irish have been migrating for generations and now you are worried about a few that MIGHT be sponging the dole.
    Should all the Irish all over the world be sent packing as well?
    Over here you are costilly well looked after in comparison.

And you are also well looked after in other parts of Europe in comparison. What's your point?

Advertisement