Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour's Cat Keeps making its Self at Home

Options
  • 14-10-2008 7:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

We have two cats which are about 1 and a half years old (human years) so when we are home we leave the kitchen window open for them to come and go has they please. When we are not there or in bed the cats are locked in the house with us.

But recently we have been having a problem with a neighbours cat which keeps sneaking into the house when the window is open and eating there food, but more annoyingly 2 days ago i went up stairs and it was asleep on top of the stairs and then again yesturday it was asleep on my our bed.

It wouldnt be so bad if the thing was actually friendly but it attacks our cats all the time. I scare it away every time but the thing keeps coming back. Also its identical to our black cat so sometimes i dont even notice it when its feeding in the house.

Any suggestions to get rid of it please. Also i cant fit a cat flap has theres no where to fit the thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Pay closer attention to what's in your house for a week, and throw water at it and roar like a troll every time you see it. That or make some other loud noise - my brother used to bang an empty basin with a wooden spoon while roaring, to scare his neighbour's cat out of his house. (The previous tennant used to feed it so it felt he was the intruder in its home.)

Advertisement