Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xmas party ideas for the office

Options
  • 14-10-2008 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Given the curent financial climate, our office has cut our christmas party budget to just 50 euro per person, so we had to cancel the lavish do we had planned and will now have it in the office. We'll get caterers and buy planty of booze, but what about entertainment? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Know any local bands that are starting out ?
    Anyone in the office play in a band ?
    Anyone in the office DJ (decent now, not in mammy's garage :D)

Last resort ..... Karaoke ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ooorla

Im in the same boat, we only have a measily 50 euro to spend per person, no partners this year either! I suppose I should be happy there is a christmas allowance at all!!!

I did some research online, and theres plenty of places you can go on that kind of money. The one I have booked for the office I work in ( no pressure...) is with Cafe Urbano. I've eaten there before and the food is very good. Its deal is 45 euro per person which is a 3 course meal with dancing after ( you can have a fiver for a drink left over...) and the menu looks great - loads of choice. Also I liked that its an established restaurant so the food has to be good or else no one will go back again! It was the best deal I found anyway, plus I only booked it last week. I was really worried about late booking, there not being any availablity, but it was no problem.

Last year the one I organised was in a hotel on lesson st and it was 15 euro more expensive, the food was AWFUL ( they don't usually serve food in the nightclub so I think they overstretched themselves), and then the nightclub opened to the public at 11. So not good and very messy, they had a mix up with the tables so we were split up ages away from each other and the second the deserts were served, they were standing over our shoulders checking if we were finished so they could removed the tables. So irritating. Hence the research this year, as of course I got the blame as the organiser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 JoJo123

Eilish23 wrote: »
    Given the curent financial climate, our office has cut our christmas party budget to just 50 euro per person, so we had to cancel the lavish do we had planned and will now have it in the office. We'll get caterers and buy planty of booze, but what about entertainment? Any ideas?

Same here Eilish - we have a massive team so we can't go out for dinner so we're having it the office. We're doing drinkies and buffet but I need something to combat that first awkward hour before everyone starts getting messy...and apparently karaoke isn't the answer!!

Someone suggested games but i think an office of 30+ men won't really appreciate that so much!

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Advertisement