Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My lock build...help?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Are you doing mostly pvp? As the +20 spell pen is useless in pve.

As a start for raiding if thats what you plan take a look at my lock:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moonglade&n=Mendez

Some of the items are very good, like the t5 shoulders and robe. But the rest is from kara or badges. only 1020 spell damage with fel armor but the damage output is insance, especially in places like mh/bt/tk/scc where you have multiple tanks for multipel targets. Just dot them all up and watch yoru dps go through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

hey!
    Not a HUGE PvP fan tbh. Its the kinda thing I have to be in the mood to do...I think deep down I'm an instance man!
    Granted, my guild is pretty small atm, so was finding it tough to get decent dungeon runs since I hit 70, managed to get to the Curator last night and get the staff...so a few more dungeon runs and some badges, I should get some nice gear.

Then again, is there a huge point bustin my balls when teh expansion is gonna outdo the stuff in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

dont waste your time with gear now, like you said, the expansion is out in a few weeks now, and everything you get will more than likely be binned in the first 2 or 3 levels. Spec's for raiding, affliction isnt that good for raiding or even 5mans, best bet is destruction, but then again since the patch is out soon i'd go with either a demo/aff build as they are generally much better for leveling/grinding.

If i was you i'd just concentrate on getting some gold stacked up so you dont have to grind as much when you ding 80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Forget about gear until expansion comes out, unless you can get a few quick kara runs.. But beyond that, I wouldn't waste my time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

i find ffliction great for aiding to be honest. But mainly have this spec as have feck all spell hit and sont wan waste my gems on them. Bu tyeah dnt bother on gear i suppose the ew quests will probably provide you with better

• Advertisement
Advertisement