Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Favourite Driver

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

I would have to agree with you there alright. I too like Alanso and his outspoken views on Hami.
    As for favorite driver, now that Kimi has lost the run of himself, I would have to back Robert Kubica.
    I think he is a very fast driver with just as much skill as Hami. However where he really shines, is the development of the BMW team. Something that MS was the very best at.
    In this respect, there are very few drivers on the grid that have that talent, to communicate well with the engineers and constantly helping the development of the race car. This is what real world champions are made of.
    RK is also very patient and has a good knack of getting to the end of a race.
    For me it will be Robert Kubica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Vettel has been a favourite of mine for a while now. Liked him ever since his first race mainly because he's only a couple of years older then me, and his talent and ability at such a young age impressed me. He's my favourite driver out there ahead of Kubica and Hamilton.

However, the best driver out there on the track, even though I think he's a bit of an idiot, is Alonso without a shadow of a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,958 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The best drivers would be Alonso and Kimi, my favorites would be them 2 plus Kubica and Vettel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Alonso has moved to my number one now :D If only I didn't hate Pat Symonds so much. He is exactly like Ron Dennis, a C you next tuesday! If they were to have an enema there would be nothing left.

I look forward to see what Vettel can do in a decent car also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I have totally changed my views on Alonso and Now respect him for his honesty ( and top driving skill)
    My number one since Sauber days ( and before ) is kimi. Now I know he is having a bad year but to be fair.. Sometimes $hit happens and no matter what yuo do it seems to get worse... I think this is that time for kimi.. I will still support him as long as he is in F1 and showing interest.
    Dont just write him off yet. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

Kimi is my favorite, ever since Hakkinnen quit the sport. I know he won't be WC this year. But still my favorite. Till he quits also, then i will look for a replacement :). For the WC this year i hope Massa will win it, or in other words I hope Lewis doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

I really like Alonso and was so happy he left McClaren and went back to Renault.
    I am a Ferrari supporter and want Massa to win this year

But my favourite driver is Rubens Barrichello

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

The over-whelming anti-Hamilton bias on this (Irish) forum is interesting. I don't think it's an anti-Brit thing - we're well past that, but we are an English speaking nation who get the same feeds as the UK and consume much the same media coverage. On the evidence of UK fora I've seen lately though I think even many Brits are beginning to tire of his braggard ways.

I still think he'll sqeek the WDC though. 5 points is 5 points and I don't see Massa as bulletproof over the next 2 races. We could witness something spectacular though, like the possibility of Alonso or Kimi getting involved in the mix and indulging in some strongarm tactics at the start.

The next few weeks will make or break him. If he loses the WDC (especially through more errors) there will be a serious long-term doubt about his temperment and ability to handle pressure. If he performs faultlessly over the next 2 races much of the criticism will be forgotten.

Kubica's recent comments are interesting as well. He seems mightly pissed off at Lewis' on-track behavior and has hinted intrigingly about having 'different values' to the Brit (by which I took partly to mean he's not bothered about bling, celebrities or image).

Interesting times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

pburns wrote: »
    The over-whelming anti-Hamilton bias on this (Irish) forum is interesting. I don't think it's an anti-Brit thing - we're well past that, but we are an English speaking nation who get the same feeds as the UK and consume much the same media coverage. On the evidence of UK fora I've seen lately though I think even many Brits are beginning to tire of his braggard ways.

A lot of it do with the media coverage. Oh man, I simply can't stomach the hero worship that goes on with ITV.
    It's not usual, many people dislike the Dublin football team or even Manchester United for the same reasons.
    To be fair, RTE were the very same when Jordan were around but we didn't complain back then

My favourite drivers are Fischella and Barrichello :)
    I'll cheered on both drivers for years before they got their first win and was delighted when they did.

Just the read the OP's links. Lol, fair play Fernando, he doesn't hold back!

Irishshin wrote: »
    I really like Alonso and was so happy he left McClaren and went back to Renault.
    I am a Ferrari supporter and want Massa to win this year

But my favourite driver is Rubens Barrichello

Firgive me for saying this but you seem a bit confused about your favourite :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Alonso is my favourite and has been since he started in F1.
    Class driver and a bit of attitude to boot.

I find it interesting that while he was at renault they were really good, he left and they were crap and now that he's back again they are getting much better. Must have some great understanding of the car and feedback to the team exactly what needs to be done to improve things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

its sad to think that the main reason to like him is because he dosent like halilton...

dont you think thats a bit childish??

Alonso is my favourite and has been since he started in F1.
    Class driver and a bit of attitude to boot.

I find it interesting that while he was at renault they were really good, he left and they were crap and now that he's back again they are getting much better. Must have some great understanding of the car and feedback to the team exactly what needs to be done to improve things

I would agree and put him on a level with M.Schumacher in terms of understanding of the car and team feedback ;)
    Oh
    And his dislike towards Hamster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

vectra wrote: »
    Firgive me for saying this but you seem a bit confused about your favourite :D

:D Nah Rubens is my favourite driver.

But I do like a lot of other drivers, and am happy for them when they do well...:)

Advertisement