Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Nationals, Refugee's and the Budget.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Best to just use 'facts' you heard from a fella who told a fella down the pub to reinforce your own ignorant assumptions I say. All non-nationals get a free house, and a few thousand euro of benefits from the minute they arrive here. Its true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TheDude2008

god this forum is full od left wing soft touch liberals. we need to cut off social welfare to all non irish people if they are on it for more than 1 month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

ArseBurger wrote: »
    Because over 98% of people collecting social welfare and payouts from the Irish government are Irish. Only 0.003% are non nationals.

You sad deluded fool. so what are the balance doing??? 98 + 0.003 = ?

The last estimate was that 56000 ''refugees'' plus their dependants were on some type of welfare payment.............fu*ck this do you know what,live in your little perfect world.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

*sigh* That's the point. Without backup sources throwing out any old numbers is a valid as the next mans blurb.

yeah but everything you read on the interwebs is true, 87% of ppl know that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I knew a guy, as Irish as the rain, who boasted to me time and time again about how he was on the dole for 17 years. He'd keep getting sent to job interviews and either missing them or just answering madcap answers so the job interviewer would think he was a whacko. He thought this was gas. He also thought it was gas that at the time I was working like a spa and he was getting money for doing nothing. This was before the foreign invasion.

In old Ireland of the Roddy Doyle era, we got a little giggle out of fellas like this, 'fair play' we'd say, "sure yer only tryin ta get by".

Twas all grand til the Nigerianos did the same thing, and the Polaroids took all the jobs nobody wanted anyway and next of all there's national uproar. Yes it's racism, but not agains skin colour or nationality. We all know at the end of the day, the oirish will drink with anyone if they are buying the round, we just don't like outsiders. Any Dub who's walked into a Culchie bar knows this feeling. Corkians hate the Dubs, Mullaghs hate the Dubs, Dubs hate the Brits, Darndale hates Coolock blah blah blah.

Bring on the recession I say, get a little normality back to this poxy island. Eeejits buying €500k gaffs in [insert random middle-of-nowhere bogger town murdered by urban sprawl here] cos they were advertised as "only 1hr commute from Dublin". **** off.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

god this forum is full od left wing soft touch liberals. we need to cut off social welfare to all non irish people if they are on it for more than 1 month.

At last a voice of reason......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

not yet wrote: »
    <SNIP>;) . so what are the balance doing??? 98 + 0.003 = ?

He gave those numbers on purpose. The point is you can make up statistics and repeat hearsay etc. It all amounts to nothing without evidence.
    The last estimate was that 56000 ''refugees'' plus their dependants were on some type of welfare payment.............fu*ck this do you know what,live in your little perfect world.

Finally some numbers. Any source for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

You sad deluded fool. so what are the balance doing??? 98 + 0.003 = ?

You're wrong - The last estimate was that 1200''refugees'' plus their dependants were on some type of welfare payment.

Whos a soft touch? Id like to have the likes of you rounded up and deported. Maybe beaten a bit on the way out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

So you expect them to do as legally obliged, and pay their taxes, and then if the worst happens, you just want to cut them off?

• Advertisement

Don't restrict it to non Irish people. Means test it based upon tax and PRSI contributions and apply to Irish citizens also. Make it nationality independent to make it fair. Tax payers contribute to the country - spongers don't. Irrelevant of the country stamped on their passport.

You're wrong - The last estimate was that 1200''refugees'' plus their dependants were on some type of welfare payment.
    Actually, the number is -800

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

javaboy wrote: »
    He gave those numbers on purpose. The point is you can make up statistics and repeat hearsay etc. It all amounts to nothing without evidence.

Stated Government policy and Irish immigration law prohibits the payment of welfare benefits to non-EU nationals, other than those granted refugee status. That, in effect, means the maximum number of Nigerians eligible to claim welfare benefits here is 150.

A massive number of Nigerians have immigrated illegally to Ireland. The previous Minister for Justice stated that no amnesty was to be granted to these people, yet a scheme was designed to allow them remain in Ireland called the IBC/05 scheme.

This scheme granted the right of full welfare benefits to these illegal immigrants.

Those who came to Ireland illegally may, if they so choose, claim unemployment and rental accommodation payments and all other welfare benefits including medical cards.

In effect, the scheme created a new category of immigrant, one that has no lawful basis. Thousands of illegal Nigerian immigrants have never worked in Ireland, yet the Irish taxpayer has to pay for them for the rest of their natural lives.

The IBC/05 scheme was grafted on to existing immigration law, even though no legislation for the provision of welfare benefits to illegal immigrants exists. No Bill to accommodate it was brought before the Oireachtas and no vote on this scheme was ever taken even though it requires a massive diversion of publicly raised funds destined for other purposes and voted on by Dail Eireann.

The scheme was implemented in January 2005. More illegal immigrants were granted leave to remain here under this scheme then than the combined total of legal immigrants granted work permits from non-EU countries over the past four years.

Some 23,178 Nigerians are registered with the Department of social welfare. How is this number possible?

Extrapolating from the figures published last week Nigerians alone are receiving a minimum of €100m in benefits per year. This figure is likely much higher. CSC_HNE_shortest_commute_300x250.gif opinion_letters;pos=article;pos=article_roadblock;sz=250x250,300x250,300x300,300x600;tile=2;ord=1223992401734?

CiaranC wrote: »
    Actually, the number is -800

My apologies - you're correct.

javaboy wrote: »

Firstly the point with the numbers above is that they dont add up....

The figures I gave were from a sunday independent article in feb 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Claire121 wrote: »
    Or English or American or Canadian or Australian or South African or French or German or Danish...........

Well he doesn't look English because he doesn't have tea and a crumpets in his hand.
    He doesnt look american because he doesn't have them freaky big heads the americans have from eating all their processed supercows.
    He doesnt look canadian because hes not wearing a t shirt with a moose on it.
    He doesnt look Australian because he isnt playing knifey spooney.
    He doesnt look south african because his head isnt chiseled from granite.
    He doesnt look french because he doesnt have cheese stuck in his teeth.
    He doesnt look german because hes not eating a big sausage.
    Last but not least, he doesnt look danish because hes not running away from a muslim mob.

The figures I gave were from a sunday independent article in feb 2006

Link it please.

Sweet jesus are you winding me up...........if you really believe 1,200 refugees are claiming benefits you need to lay down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The other 1.997% are in a box at the back of the warehouse -

"John.."
    "Yeah..."
    "Go down and get the box for this lady will you?"

Degsy wrote: »
    Stated Government policy and Irish immigration law prohibits the payment of welfare benefits to non-EU nationals, other than those granted refugee status. That, in effect, means the maximum number of Nigerians eligible to claim welfare benefits here is 150.

A massive number of Nigerians have immigrated illegally to Ireland. The previous Minister for Justice stated that no amnesty was to be granted to these people, yet a scheme was designed to allow them remain in Ireland called the IBC/05 scheme.

This scheme granted the right of full welfare benefits to these illegal immigrants.

Those who came to Ireland illegally may, if they so choose, claim unemployment and rental accommodation payments and all other welfare benefits including medical cards.

In effect, the scheme created a new category of immigrant, one that has no lawful basis. Thousands of illegal Nigerian immigrants have never worked in Ireland, yet the Irish taxpayer has to pay for them for the rest of their natural lives.

The IBC/05 scheme was grafted on to existing immigration law, even though no legislation for the provision of welfare benefits to illegal immigrants exists. No Bill to accommodate it was brought before the Oireachtas and no vote on this scheme was ever taken even though it requires a massive diversion of publicly raised funds destined for other purposes and voted on by Dail Eireann.

The scheme was implemented in January 2005. More illegal immigrants were granted leave to remain here under this scheme then than the combined total of legal immigrants granted work permits from non-EU countries over the past four years.

Some 23,178 Nigerians are registered with the Department of social welfare. How is this number possible?

Extrapolating from the figures published last week Nigerians alone are receiving a minimum of €100m in benefits per year. This figure is likely much higher. CSC_HNE_shortest_commute_300x250.gif opinion_letters;pos=article;pos=article_roadblock;sz=250x250,300x250,300x300,300x600;tile=2;ord=1223992401734?

Your links dont work...

• Advertisement

That's the point of the point.

Without a valid provable source for any information and figures - any numbers that I make up irrelevant of them not adding up to 100% are just as valid as yours in such an argument.

Without proof, what you say is conjecture and hearsay.

11 times out of 10.

Mena wrote: »
    Link it please.

Could you link me to every piece you ever read in a paper.

Sweet jesus are you winding me up...........if you really believe 1,200 refugees are claiming benefits you need to lay down.
    Well give us the correct numbers, with verifiable sources then....

And this folks, is the reason we have people like Mary Lou 'representing' us.

Only if using it as a quantifiable source of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

What ArseBurger said.
    That's the point of the point.

Without a valid provable source for any information and figures - any numbers that I make up irrelevant of them not adding up to 100% are just as valid as yours in such an argument.

Without proof, what you say is conjecture and hearsay.

11 times out of 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

If a person cannot legally work, how do you suppose they survive without recieving aid from the government?

There are two or three posters here who've genuinely made me laugh! :D

The ignorance makes me wonder are the ''oooh the refugees are taking all our stuffs'' guys posting simply for the attention?! :)

How sad.........

You must have a real resentment towards Mary lou, what.... did she steal you rattle.

If I was going to present it as fact, then yes.

• Advertisement

MizzLolly wrote: »

The ignorance makes me wonder are the ''oooh the refugees are taking all our stuffs'' guys posting simply for the attention?! :)

It's either that or take their knuckles off the ground and wave for attention.

Advertisement