Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Nationals, Refugee's and the Budget.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

MizzLolly wrote: »
    If a person cannot legally work, how do you suppose they survive without recieving aid from the government?

They either work illegally or they do bold stuff like deal drugs or they get aid from the government.

Here's a link
    http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3029&Itemid=38

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

not yet wrote: »
    How sad.........

You must have a real resentment towards Mary lou, what.... did she steal you rattle.

Not at all. I just don't like sensationalists, liars, racists, and bigots.

All Sinn Feiners tick those boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Degsy wrote: »
    They either work illegally or they do bold stuff like deal drugs or they get aid from the government.

Here's a link

Tut Tut, Shame on you for even providing the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Here's a link

So does this mean that every refugee who doesn't work illegally is drug dealing or stealing PPS numbers?

Good thing there is government aid available to keep 'em outta trouble so. :)

Oooh I love this part of a discussion when the sarcasm hits in. :rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Stated Government policy and Irish immigration law prohibits the payment of welfare benefits to non-EU nationals, other than those granted refugee status. That, in effect, means the maximum number of Nigerians eligible to claim welfare benefits here is 150.

A massive number of Nigerians have immigrated illegally to Ireland. The previous Minister for Justice stated that no amnesty was to be granted to these people, yet a scheme was designed to allow them remain in Ireland called the IBC/05 scheme.

This scheme granted the right of full welfare benefits to these illegal immigrants.

Those who came to Ireland illegally may, if they so choose, claim unemployment and rental accommodation payments and all other welfare benefits including medical cards.

In effect, the scheme created a new category of immigrant, one that has no lawful basis. Thousands of illegal Nigerian immigrants have never worked in Ireland, yet the Irish taxpayer has to pay for them for the rest of their natural lives.

The IBC/05 scheme was grafted on to existing immigration law, even though no legislation for the provision of welfare benefits to illegal immigrants exists. No Bill to accommodate it was brought before the Oireachtas and no vote on this scheme was ever taken even though it requires a massive diversion of publicly raised funds destined for other purposes and voted on by Dail Eireann.

The scheme was implemented in January 2005. More illegal immigrants were granted leave to remain here under this scheme then than the combined total of legal immigrants granted work permits from non-EU countries over the past four years.

Some 23,178 Nigerians are registered with the Department of social welfare. How is this number possible?

Extrapolating from the figures published last week Nigerians alone are receiving a minimum of €100m in benefits per year. This figure is likely much higher. CSC_HNE_shortest_commute_300x250.gif opinion_letters;pos=article;pos=article_roadblock;sz=250x250,300x250,300x300,300x600;tile=2;ord=1223992401734?

For clarification, the IBC/05 Scheme is the "Irish Born Child" scheme, whereby nationals of another country who's children are LEGALLY Irish were allowed to stay in the state on the basis that deporting said nationals would in effect lead to the deportation of genuine Irish citizens; i.e. the Children.

• Advertisement

People want facts..they get facts..they dont want the facts to be facts.
    Did you notice the 900 euro payment as a "diet allowance"?
    I wonder could i claim that as part of my weight-training programme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Hes shown four nigerians are on the make, so only another 55996 to go. I await your link.

Mena wrote: »
    For clarification, the IBC/05 Scheme is the "Irish Born Child" scheme, whereby nationals of another country who's children are LEGALLY Irish were allowed to stay in the state on the basis that deporting said nationals would in effect lead to the deportation of genuine Irish citizens; i.e. the Children.

And predictably the system was abused from a height by the parents of such children.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Hes shown four nigerians are on the make, so only another 55996 to go. I await your link.

Would that include ones that are here illegally?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

And predictably the system was abused from a height by the parents of such children.

You're probably right Degsy but your original post was misleading to say the least:
    A massive number of Nigerians have immigrated illegally to Ireland. The previous Minister for Justice stated that no amnesty was to be granted to these people, yet a scheme was designed to allow them remain in Ireland called the IBC/05 scheme.

This scheme granted the right of full welfare benefits to these illegal immigrants.

That definitely gives the impression that IBC/05 gave all Nigerians an amnesty, which it didn't.

• Advertisement

You'll be left waiting buddy, honest to f*ck some people are so blinded by wanting to be seen to be liberal that they dont see whats going on around them.

Would that include ones that are here illegally?
    56000 was the figure not yet made up, Im looking for confirmation from him. Like a source.

While we are at it, could I have a source to the article you posted above too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

1. That's a gross generalisation
    2. Abused how?

Yeah..a bunch of nazis in stormfront made it up and somehow managed to convince the minister for justice and the national media.:rolleyes:

You'll be left waiting buddy, honest to f*ck some people are so blinded by wanting to be seen to be liberal that they dont see whats going on around them.

Not at all. The bigoted racism is blatantly apparent.

Im not 'liberal', i hate ignorant fascistic bigots like you and would like to see you all rounded up and gassed. ;)

I dont see anything going on around me, maybe you are suffering from paranoia? Besides, shouldnt an Aryan superhero like you be off working for our great nation at 3.30 on a weekday, instead of hanging out on a message board slacking off? My excuse is that Im a pinko with no job, whats yours?

Mena wrote: »
    1. That's a gross generalisation
    2. Abused how?

1) tough titty
    2)Arriving in Southern Ireland heavily pregnant in order to claim citizinship rights.
    Using the child to claim welfare benefits that they wouldnt be eligible to claim by themselves.
    clogging up the courts by constantly lodging appeals.

Yeah..a bunch of nazis in stormfront made it up and somehow managed to convince the minister for justice and the national media.:rolleyes:
    Funny you should mention stormfront, whats your username over there? :D

I only asked for the source of the article ffs, cos you didnt post it.

56000 was the figure not yet made up, Im looking for confirmation from him. Like a source.

Go get yourself a copy of the said paper from the 4 sundays in feb 06 and you'll come across it because I'd couldn't be ****ing arsed.

Funny you should mention stormfront, whats your username over there? :D

I only asked for the source of the article ffs, cos you didnt post it.

yeah hardy har.
    You havnt got a job do you?

• Advertisement

Go get yourself a copy of the said paper from the 4 sundays in feb 06 and you'll come across it because I'd couldn't be ****ing arsed.

And after you do that go fcuk yourself.

Not Yet - I'm genuinely not having a go at you but could you please tell me what was taken away from you that you see refugees as a threat?

EDIT: yowzaaa why tell another poster to got 'f*ck themselves'? :eek:... Why is this such a sore point to you?

Prove your own point. Don't make others do it for you.

yeah hardy har.
    You havnt got a job do you?
    I am not employed until next Monday morning, no. And Ive been claiming the dole for 5 weeks. There you are, Im truly evil.

Better run off and do some work for the state you love so dearly, like a good little nationalist. How you have time to be a perfect Aryan uberman and still post here all day I dont know. Im guessing you work night in a coalmine, lol.

And after you do that go fcuk yourself.

Beautiful.

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Not Yet - I'm genuinely not having a go at you but could you please tell me what was taken away from you that you see refugees as a threat?

EDIT: yowzaaa why tell another poster to got 'f*ck themselves'? :eek:... Why is this such a sore point to you?

If you read one of my early posts on this I say that all genuine refugees should be intergrated into the country. I have a proplem with the abuse of our system by surposed refugees who have no interest in anything other then bleeding our system.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Better run off and do some work for the state you love so dearly, like a good little nationalist.

I wouldn't be so sure about Degsy's love of the 'state': :D;)
    2)Arriving in Southern Ireland heavily pregnant in order to claim citizinship rights.

If you read one of my early posts on this I say that all genuine refugees should be intergrated into the country. I have a proplem with the abuse of our system by surposed refugees who have no interest in anything other then bleeding our system.

Okay, valid point. Now, how many refugees do you personally know who are 'bleeding our system'? :)

No different than abuse of the system by Irish layabouts. Why discriminate?

• Advertisement

javaboy wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure about Degsy's love of the 'state': :D;)
    Sorry, I meant "Fatherland" ;)

Advertisement