Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Nationals, Refugee's and the Budget.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Okay, valid point. Now, how many refugees do you personally know who are 'bleeding our system'? :)

well the apartment block that I live in has 4 Families that claim welfare for starters.

Okay, valid point. Now, how many refugees do you personally know who are 'bleeding our system'? :)

Sorry I did say in a post earlier that a friend and my sister work in welfare. now if you heard what they have to say you may think a tiny bit different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

not yet wrote: »
    well the apartment block that I live in has 4 Families that claim welfare for starters.
    Link?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

What's wrong with claiming welfare if you need it?

Do Irish people claim on welfare?

EDIT: I doubt that very much not yet. I have little or no sympathy for Irish people who've had every opportunity to succeed, moaning and complaining about 'refugees' claiming what 'Irish people's taxes' pay for. Irish people screw the system too. I don't agree with it, regardless of nationality.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Link?

:D

My gaf Link

• Advertisement

What's wrong with claiming welfare if you need it?

Do Irish people claim on welfare?

Of course they do, but mostly after contributing something to the state.

Sorry I did say in a post earlier that a friend and my sister work in welfare. now if you heard what they have to say you may think a tiny bit different.
    Why?, can they actually back up what they are saying, instead of just making stuff up and repeating hearsay?

I'm off cheerio now..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

ArseBurger wrote: »
    No different than abuse of the system by Irish layabouts. Why discriminate?

Because we can!;)

Good man, be careful not to trip over a refugee on your way to the dole office, you have to be careful picking your way through the streets they are so packed with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Spent alot of time working in Nigeria and TBH you try (and I have and will not try to hard now either) to tell the stupid bleeding hearts of this country to open their eyes but they wont. The fact that the country was fleeced with the IBC is no surprise to me. The amount of time I was asked to involve myself in a scam because I might 'know the ropes' ?? Sure their was many a time here I nearly needed to scan in my passport stamps to prove I had being there because they will not see the truth. I will not descend towards that again and will try to stay out of the argument but you are right and the ordinary worker in the welfare dept knows also.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Because we can!;)

Or because we're scared to admit that we're responsible for our own **** state of affairs and they're an easy target? More likely 103% of the time out of 6.

Of course they do, but mostly after contributing something to the state.

In a world where there are 218 million children being denied an education and forced to spend their childhood working on a farm, in a sweat shop, in prostitution and even the military, I can honestly say I couldn't care less what they've contributed to our country. If a person is given the chance to break this statistic and fall out of that poverty cycle, I am more than happy to pay my taxes and help that on it's way.

There are many people here who need to realise just how lucky they are. The fact that the OP moaned about his holiday taxes is more than enough proof of this.
    I'm off cheerio now..................

Have a nice day.:)

Or because we're scared to admit that we're responsible for our own **** state of affairs and they're an easy target? More likely 103% of the time out of 6.

Actually no! This country is fcuked up and I admit it, the Govt I didn't vote for caused a lot of the problems we have, and the reason we point at foreign nationals bleeding the welfare system rather than nationals is that we can/could have prevented them accessing that system if we had taken a sensible approach to immegration. As for the Irish welfare "bludgers", I would deport their lazy asses if I could find a country to take them!

In a world where there are 218 million children being denied an education and forced to spend their childhood working on a farm, in a sweat shop, in prostitution and even the military, I can honestly say I couldn't care less what they've contributed to our country. If a person is given the chance to break this statistic and fall out of that poverty cycle, I am more than happy to pay my taxes and help that on it's way.

There are many people here who need to realise just how lucky they are. The fact that the OP moaned about his holiday taxes is more than enough proof of this.

Have a nice day.:)

Careful, your halo is showing!

Careful, your halo is showing!

Beautiful, isn't it? ;)

Actually no! This country is fcuked up and I admit it, the Govt I didn't vote for caused a lot of the problems we have, and the reason we point at foreign nationals bleeding the welfare system rather than nationals is that we can/could have prevented them accessing that system if we had taken a sensible approach to immegration. As for the Irish welfare "bludgers", I would deport their lazy asses if I could find a country to take them!
    We did take a sensible approach to Immigration. Immigration was absolutely neccessary to the last decades economic boom.

Seems people were happy to have Slavs, Asians and Blacks here when they were making us rich, but not any more.

I think Ive gone to bed and woken up in the 1940s.

As for the Irish welfare "bludgers", I would deport their lazy asses if I could find a country to take them!

We have somewhere to deport them to. We just have to build a wall around the six counties. Solves two problems. Think escape from New York. Daily food drops of Brennan Bread, Denny Ham and orange cadet. Let them fight it out.

Either that or we've all turned Spanish.

We did take a sensible approach to Immigration. Immigration was absolutely neccessary to the last decades economic boom.

Seems people were happy to have Slavs, Asians and Blacks here when they were making us rich, but not any more.

No we didn't we just opened the floodgates! I have no problem with taking in foreign workers and true asylum seekers, as has been said many times on this thread, if they are contributing to society or have a genuine reason for seeking asylum well and good. If they are not, however, why the hell did we let them in?
    We have somewhere to deport them to. We just have to build a wall around the six counties. Solves two problems. Think escape from New York. Daily food drops of Brennan Bread, Denny Ham and orange cadet. Let them fight it out.

You just might be on to something there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Doesn't matter whether it's cleaning the streets or mowing public areas in the community.

I think they should all have to work as human statues scattered all over the country. The humiliation of having to twitch every time someone flings a copper in their bucket might make them want a job a bit more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

In a world where there are 218 million children being denied an education and forced to spend their childhood working on a farm, in a sweat shop, even the military,
    .:)

Whats wrong with working on a farm or a factory or joining the armed forces?
    Millions of Irish people have done all three over the years and we're rightly agrieved that the tax money thus generated is being given to people from o utside who dont want to work.
    A lot of people equate "education" with not-having-to-do-any-work at all.
    What did your grandparents work at?There was no crappy IT jobs then.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Degsy wrote: »
    Millions of Irish people have done all three over the years and we're rightly agrieved that the tax money thus generated is being given to people from o utside who dont want to work.

:D You missed the word "childhood" I think.

Hahaha are you for real degsy? You've completely misunderstood my post!!

Are you honestly trying to say that you were forced into the army at the age of 8? Or that your sister was sold into prostitution before her 6th birthday?

Do you think it's fair that a four year old is used to work on a farm?

My post was obviously linked to child labour. Not at your grandparents or my own. I thought that was pretty clear. The fact that anybody can come onto a discussion board and brazenly moan about their holiday tax when all of this is happening, makes me feel very, very disheartened.

Granted, this thread is not about child labour or the likes. I was just throwing it out there, that we are, (whether we like to admit it or not) incredibley lucky in what we have.

I don't agree with anybody screwing our system. I don't see how somebody's nationality affects this.
    javaboy wrote: »

Yes. :)

javaboy wrote: »

Oh yeah sorry..people used to go out and work for a ****ing living instead of going to college and living at home into thir 30's.
    Did it never occur to you that things are different in other countries and cultures/the few bob the kid makes might be all his family has to live on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

The nigerian IBC, I am a refugee crowd really made us rich??? - coupla landlords maybe??:rolleyes:

Degsy, you should set up a political party, Id say youd be the man to take us into a golden era. We could round up all the kids from the spongeing scumbag non-nationals and put them to work in sweatshops for the Fatherland. We could call them "Ghettos". What do you think?

Oh yeah sorry..people used to go out and work for a ****ing living instead of going to college and living at home into thir 30's.

Oh, well you should be very proud of me so. I moved away from home when I was 17. I work and go to university. I pay my own rent.

I still hold no resentment towards refugees.

Oh.. and I am Irish ;)

In regard to your comment about ''the few bob the kid makes being all the the family has'', I cannot even begin to write a response to. That screams blatant ignorance.

Degsy, you should set up a political party, Id say youd be the man to take us into a golden era. We could round up all the kids from the spongeing scumbag non-nationals and put them to work in sweatshops for the Fatherland. We could call them "Ghettos". What do you think?

Beleive me the ghettos are already on thier way into being and its nothing to do with views like mine.
    Take a trip out to Tyrrelstown and see the proportion of irish to non-irish in certain places.
    hell,come out to finglas and i'll show you ghettos where there are nothing BUT irish people.
    One thing has created both..the availability of money and housing to those who dont want to work.

• Advertisement

In regard to your comment about ''the few bob the kid makes being all the the family has'', I cannot even begin to write a response to. That screams blatant ignorance.

See the way i knew you were a student?
    Because they think that everybody who disagrees with them is ignorant.
    Do y ou know that there are kids who spend 14 hours a day scouring rubbish dumps for items to recycle?
    Do you know that there are kids who make copies of kalashnikov rifles to sell?
    Why?Because this is what they need to do to provide food for thier tables.
    It might seem abhorrent to you and university-going people of your ilk but the ways of the world can be sometimes cruel.

Advertisement