Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Nationals, Refugee's and the Budget.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

deisedevil wrote: »
    I thought you were asking for the Bull**** to be cut out, then you go and add a turd or two of your own. :(

I'm sure it was meant in good humour :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

deisedevil wrote: »
    I thought you were asking for the Bull**** to be cut out, then you go and add a turd or two of your own. :(

It's funny how I get into a taxi and, with my deeply foreign accent and all, start being told by the driver how the immigrants are %£"%^ the country. Every time. When I point out the obvious, I'm told "Ah sure, yer white though".

Since Degsy seems to be able to get away with gross generalisations, I'm going to do the same. They're all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Tellox wrote: »
    I'm sure it was meant in good humour :pac:

Well there's a point where you can't take people like this seriously anymore. That's when I start spewing crap to get the post count up. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Mena wrote: »
    Lets cut the bull**** here. People like Degsy aren't really anti- non-national (and wtf is that? We have nationalities too you know). They're anti-Nigerian, or to put it more bluntly, Anti-Black.

It's not the Europeans, Americans (or "whites") they have a problem with, but our dark skinned brothers.

So lets start calling a spade a spade eh?
    Dunno, I think you give them too much credit. They might hate you less than a Black or an Asian, but they still hate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I don't agree with anybody screwing our system. I don't see how somebody's nationality affects this.
    and
    MizzLolly wrote: »
    I still hold no resentment towards refugees.

Firstly the 'so called' refugees are not refugees atall you see - Its a scam and are screwing the system, the IBC lunacy happened because if the government bothered to take action people like you are unable to see the penny drop and cannot understand how the two statements you make above are contradictory. A persons nationality can play a large part in the routing of people to take part in a scam. Believe me as someone who travelled (worldwide) for work for 7 yrs (and alot longer on person capacity) I wouldnt discount nationality in all this. The nations that are corrupt are the nations supplying the queues of 'refugees' (happened to just be the years I would have traveled to nigeria alot 2000-2003 approx). Guess what they know where the offices are before they come to the country because its all organised. Ask anyone who has been to Lagos for any period of time and they will tell you similar stories. The worst thing is that these so called refugees are exploiting the whole concept of refugee to the point that most associate it with scam, this is the service they have provided to the exception who may actually be a genuine refugee. That is the disservice they have provided.

As for the person who said it is anti -black, well it kind of is in a funny way as black is becoming associated with corruption in ireland because the government didnt protect its population for the refugee scams early enough. And also for note alot of black africans from other countries are not big fans of the nigerians either. You will hear this on the ground in other african countries (I am not talking about ireland here). So nationality becomes the issue here not skin colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Mena wrote: »
    So to hell with the almost 400 000 Euro I've paid in taxes since I've been here?

You've paid 400,000 euro in taxes? How long have you been here exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The immigants caused this recession. Even when it was the bears I knew it was them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Joker wrote: »
    A majority of immigrants are spongers but there are good workers too.

Do you have a ratio documenting that? I'd like to see a ratio that compares nationals and non-nationals in terms of those on welfare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Tellox wrote: »
    Before I go on, I'm not a student.

You do realise that fees for students are hitting hard, yes? Imho, students should be getting more money - Ireland doesnt want a "manual labour" work force, it wants an educated society capable of attracting and holding down good, secure jobs.

The big ****ing shocker in all this is that the dole has gone up - why? The people working themselves to the bone day in day out are being punished, and those who would prefer to sit at home all day get a pay rise?

Take this for example: A single mother is working a 21-hour week. She would likely bring in around €10,000 a year after tax. If this single mother were to sit on the dole and also claim single parents allowance, she'd be making considerably more.

Students should get more money!? Please give me a fully valid reason why they should be handed more money.

I'm disgusted that the dole has gone up, absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭milmo

dodgyme wrote: »
    and

Firstly the 'so called' refugees are not refugees atall you see - Its a scam and are screwing the system, the IBC lunacy happened because if the government bothered to take action people like you are unable to see the penny drop and cannot understand how the two statements you make above are contradictory. A persons nationality can play a large part in the routing of people to take part in a scam. Believe me as someone who travelled (worldwide) for work for 7 yrs (and alot longer on person capacity) I wouldnt discount nationality in all this. The nations that are corrupt are the nations supplying the queues of 'refugees' (happened to just be the years I would have traveled to nigeria alot 2000-2003 approx). Guess what they know where the offices are before they come to the country because its all organised. Ask anyone who has been to Lagos for any period of time and they will tell you similar stories. The worst thing is that these so called refugees are exploiting the whole concept of refugee to the point that most associate it with scam, this is the service they have provided to the exception who may actually be a genuine refugee. That is the disservice they have provided.

As for the person who said it is anti -black, well it kind of is in a funny way as black is becoming associated with corruption in ireland because the government didnt protect its population for the refugee scams early enough. And also for note alot of black africans from other countries are not big fans of the nigerians either. You will hear this on the ground in other african countries (I am not talking about ireland here). So nationality becomes the issue here not skin colour.

I've spent some time in Africa myself and have to agree with dogdyme on some things. African, as common with all other peoples worldwide, have their own large collection of prejudices (race, tribe, nationality, religion, sex, class, etc etc etc), and have no Western hangups about acting on a lot of them.

Neither do they have any hangups about exploiting our system, ignorance, guilt, prejudices or anything else to get what they require.

Secondly, mobile phones and the internet are sweeping the continent, and it is as easy to get information on any aspect of our branches of government as it is here. (Health, social welfare, justice, defense, winning lotto numbers etc).

Africans are not fleeing poverty in Africa (though it is not irrelevant), instead they are drawn to the riches of Europe, and EU laws facilitate this.

Our only images of Africa are of war, famine, and drought, and we have been conditioned over time to see Africans as helpless and as victims. They are far from it, and it patronising to assume that they are incapable of exploiting us. Not all of course, but only the very well off, and the eductated where I've been could have gotten to Ireland in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 bumpynut

ArseBurger wrote: »
    Nice bit of sensationalist hearsay there. (are you a Sinn Fein slogan writer?) Now, back to the source - official numbers anyone?

you sound like a right little do gooder all together
    i personally had an experience with so called refugees
    that we renting a house off me a few years back
    the husband had his own tiling business with a crew of
    other refugees working for him and i was being paid rent for my then
    house by EHS BOARD cheques every month and when he did move
    not to buy his own house i might add he is still doing the same in
    navan and THAT IS FACT wake up ted :eek:

Poccington wrote: »
    Students should get more money!? Please give me a fully valid reason why they should be handed more money.

I'll give you a reason.

My friend is living comfortably off the dole at the moment, while I was working in excess of 20 hours along with college which dramatically effected my college work when in college. I live at home, and thus wasn't entitled to a grant - despite having to pay money to my parents for digs and food.

I asked him why he wasn't working - He stated, because he didn't have to. He made enough off the dole. And for what? He could quite easily have gotten a job. That money would have been better used by myself to help me get through college without working 20+hours a week and enabled me to put the time in to get a better education.

They should stop feeding spongers dole, and use the funds to assist students through college when they really need it. Thank god I'm on work placement at the moment for college getting a full-time wage, because otherwise the loans and debts I had would have crippled me and forced me to quit college.

I've no problem with welfare for those in genuine need for it - But I am angered when someone sucks the system dry, just because it's easy.

So yes, college students need more money. That's a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

blah blah blah. No point!

dlofnep wrote: »
    I'll give you a reason.

My friend is living comfortably off the dole at the moment, while I was working in excess of 20 hours along with college which dramatically effected my college work when in college. I live at home, and thus wasn't entitled to a grant - despite having to pay money to my parents for digs and food.

I asked him why he wasn't working - He stated, because he didn't have to. He made enough off the dole. And for what? He could quite easily have gotten a job. That money would have been better used by myself to help me get through college without working 20+hours a week and enabled me to put the time in to get a better education.

They should stop feeding spongers dole, and use the funds to assist students through college when they really need it. Thank god I'm on work placement at the moment for college getting a full-time wage, because otherwise the loans and debts I had would have crippled me and forced me to quit college.

I've no problem with welfare for those in genuine need for it - But I am angered when someone sucks the system dry, just because it's easy.

So yes, college students need more money. That's a fact.

So.... You deserve more money because people are making money off the dole? That's the same for everyone.

I have bills to pay, work my bollox off during the week.... Yet people are still making just as much of a decent living while on the dole. **** this ****, I want a raise!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I heard it's the non-nationals fault we're in a recession. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Do you have a ratio documenting that? I'd like to see a ratio that compares nationals and non-nationals in terms of those on welfare.

Admittedly, its third party information. But passing the benefit queues in any town in Ireland would lead you to believe that we are around 20-35% Irish, and the rest a mixed batch, the number is quite disproportional to the actual contents of the population.

So.... You deserve more money because people are making money off the dole? That's the same for everyone.

No. We require funds because it's making it very difficult to make time for college work, while lazy sods who sit on their arse all day and soak up our tax have an easy life when there are jobs out there for them.

If the Government wants better educated people here, it's going to need to support them en-route to doing so.

If you can't see the problem with a student being forced to quit college over lack of financial support while Joe Soap is sitting down at home drinking his Flaggen of Cider, despite there being jobs out there for him - then you're blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

If you can't see the problem with a student being forced to quit college over lack of financial support while Joe Soap is sitting down at home drinking his Flaggen of Cider, despite there being jobs out there for him - then you're blind.

What about Mohammad Soap and Katali Soap?

Admittedly, its third party information. But passing the benefit queues in any town in Ireland would lead you to believe that we are around 20-35% Irish, and the rest a mixed batch, the number is quite disproportional to the actual contents of the population.

Ok - So what do you suggest? I'd still like to see some evidence for this. But let's say they are abusing the Welfare system (which is equally as easy for the native Irish to do so) - Wouldn't that be more evident of a problem within how Welfare is means tested, opposed to their nationality? If means tested correctly, then it would severely reduce those who can abuse the system.

What about Mohammad Soap and Katali Soap?

It doesn't matter what their first name is or their nationality. I don't care if they are black, white or eskimo.. If they are abusing the system, then they are a problem.

• Advertisement

No. We require funds because it's making it very difficult to make time for college work, while lazy sods who sit on their arse all day and soak up our tax have an easy life when there are jobs out there for them.

If the Government wants better educated people here, it's going to need to support them en-route to doing so.

I can see problems with students having to leave college because of finances whilst there's wasters on the dole.

I can also see problems with wasters on the dole enjoying the same quality of living as some people that work full time jobs.

Students aren't a special case. If they start getting extra funding because they realised "Oh jesus, I really should've saved money rather than wasting it all on booze during the year" well then so should hard working people struggling to get by. Students shouldn't be given special treatment just because they're students.

Oh yeah, that's it - All students have financial problems because they spend all their money on booze? How about the fact that they make between 150-200 euro a week working (or in some cases 100 euro a week for those extra busy in 4th year).. And every week they pay between 60-90 euro (or even more) for rent.. Then on top of that they pay for food, petrol for their car, buses or whatever means of transport is required.. Electricity bills, heating. And then some..

So take a 4th year student - How on earth do you expect them to finish their degree under those circumstances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Gyalist wrote: »
    How do you identify a refugee/non-national from everyone else? I'd like to know how you do it.

I would like to know why you ask such thick qustions. Really. You clearly have zero realistic opinion to add.

I heard it's the non-nationals fault we're in a recession

Not exactly. However Fianna Fail (them who entertains the building magnates at the Galway races) failed to control the migration, leading to over saturation in construction. End result, bigger dole queues.

Care to disagree?

Oh yeah, that's it - All students have financial problems because they spend all their money on booze? How about the fact that they make between 150-200 euro a week working (or in some cases 100 euro a week for those extra busy in 4th year).. And every week they pay between 60-90 euro (or even more) for rent.. Then on top of that they pay for food, petrol for their car, buses or whatever means of transport is required.. Electricity bills, heating. And then some..

So take a 4th year student - How on earth do you expect them to finish their degree under those circumstances?

Well since you get all those lovely months off during the summer.

Go work and save some money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Claire121 wrote: »
    I have a Chinese-American friend studying over here and she's appalled by comments like 'you speak English so well'. It's downright embarrassing in this day and age.

Eh? I have had yanks credit me on my ability to speak English :confused:

Well since you get all those lovely months off during the summer.

Go work and save some money.

Um, I do work and have been doing so since I was 14. Get off your high horse. You've obviously never been in college, because you'd otherwise understand the immense financial pressure that it puts on you.

Um, I do work and have been doing so since I was 14. Get off your high horse. You've obviously never been in college, because you'd otherwise understand the immense financial pressure that it puts on you.

You're right, I didn't go to college. However, every single one of my close friends are in college except for one. They don't seem to be under too much financial pressure.

I'm not an any high horse, I just fail to see the reasoning behind giving students extra money.

You're right, I didn't go to college. However, every single one of my close friends are in college except for one. They don't seem to be under too much financial pressure.

I'm not an any high horse, I just fail to see the reasoning behind giving students extra money.

I have already explained my reasoning behind it. Re-read my first post. It makes as much sense now as it did when I posted it. If you think that students are excempt from being under immense financial pressure, then you're living on a cloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Not exactly. However Fianna Fail (them who entertains the building magnates at the Galway races) failed to control the migration, leading to over saturation in construction. End result, bigger dole queues.

Care to disagree?
    Are you taking the piss? How does this in any way equate to it being the migrants fault?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

CiaranC wrote: »
    Are you taking the piss? How does this in any way equate to it being the migrants fault?

Do you even read the post you are quoting.

He was blaming the government, not the migrants. Show me where in that post you quoted where he blame the migrants.

Advertisement