Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

numbers

• 14-10-2008 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

also, another question...

when the Dentist is proding away and inspecting, she always calls out numbers to her assistant, something like: "2 is there" or "5"....theres no perticular order or anything as far as i can tell...

whats that all about????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

AFAIK, it's for a different set of teeth. Like Back-Molars are number 5/6. Then your sharp one [Can't remember the name] are for eating meat, they'd be 2 and your front ones would be 1. It goes something like that I believe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

so they're just seeing if you have all your teeth??...jeez I coulda told them that like

No, there checking to see if there is any abnormality or any decay in the tooth's structure/surface. Thats why they say number 2 good. etc etc. They are just checking them and the number thing is so the helper person can write down where the problem area is on your file if there is any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

ah, okay cheers

No problem, but keep in mind thats what I figured it meant. I'm not a dentist or anything like that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭deisemum

The numbers refer to the name of each tooth.

In each quadrant as in upper right, upper left, lower right and lower left the teeth are numbered 1 to 8, ie your first big molar on the right hand side is called upper right 6.

Front teeth or incisors are numbered 1 and 2, then canine is 3, premolars 4 and 5, molars are 6, 7 and 8 for each quadrant.

Then each tooth has a number of different surfaces such as M O D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

Teeth are referred to by numbers, but so are the depths of the pockets between the teeth and the gums.
    Normally this pocket is less than 3mm anyhting over that would indicate the presence of or damage from gum disease.
    Bryan

Advertisement