Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

acer wont connect

Options
  • 14-10-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

hi, my wireless single is fine, key put in etc.It just wont work.I dont know but when I put in the http:// didgets , its still no connecting.Firewall turned off...still not connecting.Trying to use Earthnet , still not connecting.any ideas.
    cathy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Advise on who your ISP is.. operating system ...service pack.. whether your using wep or wpa or wpa 2 etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

its Eircom, normal wep key,
    I dont know whats up with it, thanks for reading ,
    cathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Post what lights are on your (netopia?) router.
    Post details on the router page, dsl up connected etc.

State what OS your laptop is using, really need more info than what you provided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

cathy01 wrote: »
    its Eircom, normal wep key,
    I dont know whats up with it, thanks for reading ,
    cathy
    And your Service pack?

Hi Cathy,
    Did you log in to the router to get your wep key?(192.168.1.254)
    I find it much easier to use wpa psk (more secure anyway) but you'll need to make sure you have at least sp2 .. just log in to router and click on configure then wireless then advanced settings... With psk you could use a sentence as your key .. Keep it long and cut and paste for the wireless connection..
    Just to make sure your not accidently trying to connect to the wrong wireless network (in case there are other networks in range) you could change your ssid to something you'll rec'.
    Also make sure your laptop is set to optain an ip automatically..:)

im using vista, I tried the eircom broaddband disc which I used no problem 100s of times .connection to wireless is fine, ita the internet?
    thanks,cathy

• Advertisement

hmm, I think its service pack 2?

Advertisement