Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How in the hell do you salt soak your ear?!

Options
  • 14-10-2008 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

I got my daith pierced a month ago and I'm still trying to work this out! I can wash it in the shower no problem, and just let it soak in warm shower water for a few minutes by turning my head on its side and getting a horrible crick in the neck, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to soak it in a sea salt solution!

The piercing's too far into my ear to soak it by dipping my whole ear into a mug of water, and I don't have a bath. I'm getting a lot of swelling at the moment, and I really want to do my soak, but i can't!:( help me please!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Cotton ball soaked in the water, hold it over the piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Yeah basically what melion said cotton ball or cotton bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

6 tablespoons of salt into the average sized kitchen sink filled with warm water. Dip the side of your head into it to soak your piercing.........or you could just do the cotton wool ball thing as mentioned above. Your choice. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

oh good! I've been doing the cotton bud thing to clean it, I just didn't think it was soak-y enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Have it drippin with the salty-water mix, enough that your ear is getting plenty wet from it and it should be grand :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Vixen Sexlectra

I am doin the whole salt soak therapy now on my Nape piercing, got it Fri
    but I adding in 2 or 3 drops of tea tree oil into the luke warm water and salt mixture and it working a treat.. just a heads up..

Always dilute tea tree or it'll scar!! I learned hard way!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but shouldn't tea tree oil etc... be kept well away from new piercings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but shouldn't tea tree oil etc... be kept well away from new piercings?

I've always avoided it anyway. Its an irritant to alot of people being my understanding of the situation....

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

u can sterilize a bottle and lid , use boiled water , disolve the salt in the boiled water, leave to cool and then u have ur solution for when u need it

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

go swimming in the sea ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

That's what aftercare instructions I got say...:confused:

Well, I always use tea tree, swear by it and I have 14 body piercings, that never got infected.. I dunno.. Everyone different.. my nape healed perfect now and it only a week old tommorrow..

Everyone is different though.. stick with salt-soak if ya not comfortable with the tea tree.. :)

The only problem with the tea tree oil is it can be a bit harsh on new piercings, as it's not meant to be used on broken skin really...

The only problem with the tea tree oil is it can be a bit harsh on new piercings, as it's not meant to be used on broken skin really...

Tea Tree is a natural antiseptic, so imo it's the best..
    I am using a salt soak with few drops of tea tree, if used on its own, it may not work..
    Its everyone to their own really, what works for me might not work for you.

Sleep, A good Diet, Daily Cleaning and Iron Intake will speed up healing of new piercing.

Good Luck..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Lilee

I mix up the sea-salt solution in a disposable plastic cup and invert it over my ear. Means i'm stood in the bathroom with a towel around my neck to catch the drips for 10 minutes or so but it seems to do the job fine! And I wipe away all the softened gunk afterwards with a clean cotton bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

I got my daith pierced a month ago and I'm still trying to work this out! I can wash it in the shower no problem, and just let it soak in warm shower water for a few minutes by turning my head on its side and getting a horrible crick in the neck, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to soak it in a sea salt solution!

The piercing's too far into my ear to soak it by dipping my whole ear into a mug of water, and I don't have a bath. I'm getting a lot of swelling at the moment, and I really want to do my soak, but i can't!:( help me please!
    I'm sorry but I'm still laughing at imaging you holding your ear over into a bath of sea salted water lmao :p

Advertisement