Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Fable II Review

• 14-10-2008 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-215209.aspx

Can't say that I am particularly interested in this one. The first one was a good, but not great, game. Suppose I'll see how the rest of the reviews fair.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Vyse wrote: »
    http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-215209.aspx

Can't say that I am particularly interested in this one. The first one was a good, but not great, game. Suppose I'll see how the rest of the reviews fair.

Link ain't working for me!

What's it say? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The Official Xbox Mag gave it a 9.5. That's about it.

chrislad wrote: »
    The Official Xbox Mag gave it a 9.5. That's about it.

Hmm, are they to be trusted review wise? my gut says "not at all"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Yeah, all it states is the first score and how the reviewer absolutely loved it. More reviews will probably start pouring out soon enough.

Can you trust the official mag? Not sure but the same logic could be applied to any website that is receiving sponsorship for game advertising (re: the comments section in eurogamers review of Saints Row 2).

Can you trust the official mag? Not sure but the same logic could be applied to any website that is receiving sponsorship for game advertising (re: the comments section in eurogamers review of Saints Row 2).

Good point! the average score on Metacritic for Saints Row 2 is in the mid 80's tho, so i reckon that it's just a damn good game! (fingers crossed!) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I dont like to use reviews as a standing point for whether a game will be good or not! If your unsure rent it for a night. As for fable im going to buy the 1st one and if I like it ill get the 2nd one. This wont be for a few months after release theres already to many good games coming out!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is a definite buy the day it comes out, regardless of what the reviewers say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

the first game was great ! hope 2 lives up to expectation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If the 2nd is as good as the first, it'll be great. This game is one I would get without reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Kiith wrote: »
    This is a definite buy the day it comes out, regardless of what the reviewers say.

I've pre-ordered, got my free pub games, played them to unlock the 15 special items (only 2 left now) and will be picking this up 9.00 a.m. next Friday, if I've the day off?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Absolutely hated the first one - the gameplay bored me to tears and those ****ing accents just did not sit well with me at all. There are just too many good games coming out to waste money on this so its a definite skip for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

have it waiting for me at home, looking forward to getting stuck in

DarkJager wrote: »
    Absolutely hated the first one - the gameplay bored me to tears and those ****ing accents just did not sit well with me at all. There are just too many good games coming out to waste money on this so its a definite skip for me...

You don't like Devon accents? are you mad? :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

You don't like Devon accents? are you mad? :D;)

Thats a Devon accent?? Could you imagine living there???:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Played this last night and its ****ing brilliant, I loved every minute of it, easily will pick this up and play it, havent got lost in an RPG in ages, im due one!

only got to play about half an hour of it myself

do you not find it a bit easy tho dave? even playing it last night at the ms thing, it was very easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My mates giving me the full copy today, so ill have a proper look later on, your right it did seem easy but id say once your EXP goes up the enemies will get harder! (hopefully!)

Doesnt bother me really as the game has a lot of charm imo, seems fun and the consequences and the outcomes of the game seem really good......

you like it when you start playing it, i was too tired last night to play for much longer after i got home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

cool looking forward to this game! whats the release date?

DarkJager wrote: »
    Thats a Devon accent?? Could you imagine living there???:eek::eek:

it would be a bit mank alright! I think there's some Birmingham accents in there too! bit of a mad mix....

• Advertisement

danbhala wrote: »
    cool looking forward to this game! whats the release date?

next friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Well the Eurogamer review is up. 10/10. Wasn't expecting that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Kennington

Day one purchase for me, I was deciding between this and Fallout 3, its gonna have to be Fable, although, if I have the money, I may get both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I've been playing Fable 2 all week and its up there with Zelda. 9-10 to 10-10 for me. Really really good. Going to be giving GTA a run for the money for game of the year. I think its better than GTA but they are both so very different.
    To add to that GOW2 is great too, much better than Gears 1. Way better in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Well the Eurogamer review is up. 10/10. Wasn't expecting that.

Yeah very surprising, they gave Far Cry 2 an 8, I'll be getting both on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm super excited about this, I kinda wish I'd played more Pub Games though! Still, maybe I'll play it before I start my second playthrough.

So, what sort of character will people have? I think my first will be evil.

For those who've played it, how much does stuff cost? Like a house perhaps... I've won just over 100,000 gold in the pub games, legit I might add. Just wondering what this'll get me in game??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

what are the pub games?

how are you guys playing them?

event wrote: »
    what are the pub games?

how are you guys playing them?

It's an XBLA game, 800 points, which it's not really worth, but more importantly, it was free from game if you pre-ordered Fable II, which I did. Also contains 15 unique items for the game too :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement