Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

traffic this morning

Options
  • 14-10-2008 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

OMG the traffic this morning was mental. I'm four years making the same commute and I've never seen it as bad as this morning. :eek: Rain seems to bring the worst out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

MargeS wrote: »
    OMG the traffic this morning was mental. I'm four years making the same commute and I've never seen it as bad as this morning. :eek: Rain seems to bring the worst out.

i was biking it this morning, was nuts alright, but all one person one car. People are too fond of their own motor transport. Very reluctant to car pool or offer a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

yip, I was biking it too. I got soaked, but when I saw the tail backs... I was glad.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭04KY

Think there may have been a crash or something. Ambulance with two squad cars went past me on the way in this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

MargeS wrote: »

funnily enough, I thought it was surprisingly light going the other way. I travel from the west of the city to oranmore in the mornings and its usually mental up to the bridge when its raining...wasn't too bad today at all

edit: An ambulance sped past us coming the other way at about 8.50. might explain the traffic the other way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

How do you manage at work if your wet? Do you have showers?

I might be cycling soon - currently walk but may be moving further away from work. Does rain gear do the job?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

I cycled in too and it seemed much worse than normal at 8.30. Also, car drivers are usually pretty nice to me but this morning they seemed particularly grumpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

There was a couple of Swans J-Walking on the bridge this morning, caused problems for a while...GBFM said someone managed to move them on...
    Tuam Road was the usual mobile carpark...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

How do you manage at work if your wet? Do you have showers?

I might be cycling soon - currently walk but may be moving further away from work. Does rain gear do the job?

usually bring a change of clothes for the return leg home, its a 45 min steady speed commute each way so even if it was dry id be working up a sweat. Work clothes are brought in a water proof bag. 2 sets of clothes for the spin. Most things made for cycling will dry very quick so its manageable.

Advertisement