Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 3347WG only giving 11Mbps

Options
  • 14-10-2008 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

My netopia wifi router is only giving me an 802.11b network. I'm pretty sure it should be capable of 54Mbps but when I set it to only 802.11g only on the router then nothing gets picked up at all. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of getting a Linksys WRTGS/L router instead - be this a good idea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Do you only have a 802.11b wireless receiver?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Yep, I can pick up 54Mbps networks on my laptop wifi card (intel whatever) and I have a Linksys Wireless-G PCI on my home fileserver, both picking up only the 11mbps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Corrupt settings on the router maybe.

Firstly try resetting the router. After this if nothings different, upgraded the F/W.

Getting a Linksys router is always a good choice! ;)

I'm in uni at the moment so I'll reset the router and check all settings when I get home later. Sweet link. :)

I've gone ahead and ordered a Linksys WRT54GL (€60 from komplett) so I guess this doesn't really matter anymore but ..

1) I couldn't find the settings on my router to setup the type of wireless network (I may have gotten mixed up with my friends router - I set his up a few weeks ago :o )

2) My router is Netopia 3347W, not 3347WG (from Amazon: ".. is one of the first and only ADSL routers to deliver Wi-Fi certified 802.11b wireless features powered by an integrated onboard design") so basically I've been a bit of a tard.

Cheers for that link about hacking the firmware on the linksys though, can't wait for it to arrive. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement