Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

oil on driveway from car

Options
  • 14-10-2008 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi I have an opel corsa 01 that i recently got serviced and an oil change was done on it. i have noticed some oil on the driveway from under engine at front of the car, does anyone know what is wrong :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Loose oil filter or nut on sump.
    Have you checked the above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I'd echo above, could be a loose oil filter, had a similar problem before myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thomasflennon

Take it back to the garage where it was serviced ASAP. If its a loose nut or filter there could be a danger that the engine vibration would cause it to get a lot worse very quickly. Check the engine oil level regularly until they can see you. Good idea to check the levels of other oils and fluids in the engine too incase its from those components. Clutch, Break, Power Steering and coolant I think pretty much covers it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Agree with all above. Also get them to check that the copper washer is on the sump bung, steel to steel doesn't seal well!

Advertisement