Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sokker Manager - Online Soccer football manager

Options
  • 14-10-2008 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Well im guessing everyone here loves FM games same as me :)
    have 2008, getting 2009. remember playing FM 1995 even or whatever it was caus im pretty sure it wasnt football manager then even

so well... i played a few MMORPG's over the years and loved the concepts...
    only thing is i didnt have time after a while to keep going at the addictive ones caus u Needed to be online a certain amount a day to keep going...

www.sokker.org

the concept of the game is similar to Football manager although everything is a lot simpler. basically its also divided into countries so you're playing against irish users only.
    although you can challenge ppl from all around the world in frendlies etc..
    There are currently around 60,000 managers worldwide of which 80 are ours (yeah, we're a bit outnumbered) and so here we are trying to recruit more players to Sokker Ireland. It would help the Ireland national team enormously to have just 100 more users and we have setup a guide for anyone who chooses to join.
    We have all the features of a normal online management game but with one big bonus, we have a live match viewer. We also have a very versatile and impressive tactical engine.

The thing that i like is that you have 1 league match a week and 14 a season (basically league ends after this so promotions etc happen) you start at the bottom and work your way to the top of the irish leagues.. and its not time consuming... just 5 mins a week to see how ur doing does it or you can spend a few hrs fine tuning tactics and match preparation

its not based on real players or atin like that but its great game IMO

theres loadsa videos on youtube too

the match viewer example
    how tactics work

The game is constantly improving too and irish userbase is increasing so i figured there might be ppl from here on who might be interested in trying it at least. its simple interface and easy to get used to too!

anyone else on the forum here play it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 SkintEastwood

just had a look off the site, how are ireland fixed for the upcoming world cup? going to sign up to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

ireland only has a userbase of ~100 now. was 60 when i joined so the country is only getting going... some countries have over 1000 users like so we cant compete with the players theyre producing (only irish clubs produce irish players so the more irish users, the more youths and technically as a result, the better the team.
    hope all can help out! ireland currently in a mini world cup although against columbia there so depending on how that goes...its into knockout like.

under 21 world cup next season though so thats something to look forward to!

Advertisement