Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

protein powder

• 14-10-2008 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Just a question about protein powder.
    I am new to this site and new to looking after my weight/health..
    I read a lot of the threads here and see that some of you take protein powder.

I am being very thick I know but why do you take it?
    Is it purely for bulking up or would it be good for me to help lose weight?

I am doing weight watchers and also following a plan at the gym
    Four times a week, weights and cardio and I am seeing great results.
    I am enjoying the gym and have a new found interest in all things low carb and healthy!

So I know I have wandered a bit, but any info is welcomed!!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Read the stickies here and in the fitness forum regarding diet.

Generally it's recommended that you eat 1-2g of protein per kg of weight. Most people's diets come in well under 1g of protein per kg. Taking a protein shake is a way to increase this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I am being very thick I know but why do you take it?
    Most blend with water or milk or a mixture, then just drink it. I and others also mix it in with museli or oats and milk for breakfast, easy way to get protein in for breakfast. Most say you should get some protein in with each meal. I also mix it with oats, milk, & egg and liquidise and make pancakes with it.
    Is it purely for bulking up or would it be good for me to help lose weight?
    Just think of it as another dairy product, that is all it is at the end of the day- food. It is good for losing weight in the fact that it makes you feel full for longer, so you can resist snacking easier. If you want to bulk up then you could also use it, along with loads of other food. It helps develop muscle too which in turn burns calories to make, and then needs more calories to maintain this new muscle, and so in turn helps you lose fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Betsysquared

Thanks for your replies!!!!

I think I might invest in some

Advertisement