Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V - 1980's Scifi Series is being remade

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Which V do you have? There was the mini-series and then the one season tv series, the mini-series was a hoot. Obviously it'll look very retro now but it worked well as a science fiction horror suspense lizzardy Nazi parallel political thriller with added rodents show.

Just spotted Sci-Fi channel is showing the miniseries on Saturday Nov 8th and 15th.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

mike65 wrote: »
    Just spotted Sci-Fi channel is showing the miniseries on Saturday Nov 8th and 15th.

Mike

You can usually find the DVD's going cheap in Golden Discs or HMV, have both of them the miniseries and the actual weekly series. Delighted that V will be returning but also at the same time a little bit anxious that they don't destroy one of my favourite sci-fi shows of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I remember being scarred ****less of this when I was a kid, loved it!
    Hopefully it will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭Daith

darkskol wrote: »
    You can usually find the DVD's going cheap in Golden Discs or HMV, have both of them the miniseries and the actual weekly series. Delighted that V will be returning but also at the same time a little bit anxious that they don't destroy one of my favourite sci-fi shows of all time.

I know what you mean. I have the DVDs and it's still ace. Yes it's outdated now but I can look past that. The first mini is superior to the Final Battle and the the following series.

Jane Badler was awesome in it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Daith wrote: »
    I know what you mean. I have the DVDs and it's still ace. Yes it's outdated now but I can look past that. The first mini is superior to the Final Battle and the the following series.

Jane Badler was awesome in it.

Indeed, The Final Battle, while not terrible gets too far-fetched and it loses a lot of what made the initial episodes special. I was happy enough to hear that Johnson's V; The Second Generation moved the plot on from his original mini-series and removed the rest from canon. (Except for the obvious lack of Ham Tyler's existence.)

But sadly TSG is bloody awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

When I was in school the main thing people remembered was the theme tune.... "V...cha-chung-chung"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Wonga

I watched the original mini series recently, it was good fun. The tv series though was complete pants.

Advertisement