Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend 3 games ?

• 14-10-2008 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Hey lads

Bought an xbox 360 about a month ago :o...bit late i know ..but hey :P...PC serves me well and still does :)

Anyways...bought some games obviously, and i was just wondering are there any games you could recommend that I should buy.

So far i have

Rock Band, Guitar Hero 3, Halo3, Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09, Gears of War, DMC4 and Assasins Creed

The likes of Assasins Creed and Halo3 i've found to be very reptitive :o

I was thinking of maybe a racing game or a cool action game or something totally unique. Also, personally most of my enjoyment from games comes from playing online...so..with that in mind...what should i buy ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

For a racing game, go for Grid (by Codemasters) it's bloody class! Midnight Club: LA is out on the 24th of October too and that'll be pretty cool hopefully.

There's a ridiculous amount of class games coming out in the next 2 months for us 360 owners, go to Play.com and look at upcoming releases! you won't be disappointed.

Games you should try if you haven't already (really cheap too at the mo)

Bioshock
    Crackdown
    Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    Call of Duty 4
    Ninja Gaiden 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Assassin's Creed can be quite repetitive but the storyline gets very engrossing so stick with it! It's a short enough game.

I was going to write out a long winded list of my personal favourites but for a broader view, try this:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/916/916362p1.html

Don't necessarily trust everything you read there, but it's a good reference guide; you can always compare reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

GTA4,
    COD4,
    Battlefield Bad Company
    Shadowrun -

Four Great Online Games, if you not playing on Live, dont bother with shadowrun. But if you do its only like €15 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Orange Box Orange Box Orange Box!!!

It'll keep you going for months!

Bioshock and DiRT would be my other two recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Probably shoudlve mentioned i have COD4, Bioshock, OrangeBox for PC

May take a look at Battlefield Bad Company and Grid...any word on Burnout Paradise ??

Also...does anyone know if its anyone possible to play xbox360 games with a mouse and keyboard ? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Racing = PGR4
    Shooty type stuff = Bioshock/Orange box (can't choose just 1)
    Badass ninjas and stuff = Ninja Gaiden 2
    RPG = Lost Odyssey

Ok, after all you've already got, I can only really recommend one:

OBLIVION!!!!

It'll keep you going for hundreds of hours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Mass Effect
    GRID
    Crackdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

+1 for Oblivion, wouldn't bother with gta4 if you're not into repetitive gaming, found it fairly awful.
    New Star Wars game is fairly decent but very short, worth renting for a few days but not the buy.
    An old game that I loved ,that I thought was close enough to Bioshock was the Darkness, one of the very few games I'd go back and play again.
    Some good games coming out over the next month, Fallout 3 looks really good and then of course there's Fable 2, new Guitar Hero and Rockband 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

kaimera wrote: »
    Mass Effect
    GRID
    Crackdown
    Can't really fault that selection :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

The problem here is a good one theres just too many great games for this console lets face it you could list off 15 - 20 top quality titles each one of them worth a couple of months of your time.

My favourites right now are in this order....

Fifa 2009 - just got it fantastic stuff
    Halo 3 - Still hooked on this
    Ghost Recon advanced warfighter 1 - at the mo bought 2 as well though
    Crackdown - just got this too great fun

Also randomly still playing ..

Sega Rally - Massively under rated game.
    Ridge Racer 6 - Same thing IMO
    and lastly but no means least gears of war - Can not wait for the next one!

But seriously theres so many more I dont have time to play never mind anything else. Eg Orange box I'll buy that soon as well I just have so many other ones to finish first theres just no point buyin it yet. I could list another 5 - 10 games like that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

Mass effect - Best space based RPG in a very long time

GTA3 - I really enjoyed this

Burnout paradise - the online mode in this is quite enjoyable, its not just races but various tasks as well, like doing a barrel roll mid jump and so on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

For a racing game, go for Grid (by Codemasters) it's bloody class!

I played it on the pc, is the xbox version good aswell?

Advertisement