Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling a car

Options
  • 14-10-2008 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Anyone have any ideas how to sell a car that is not taxed or NCTed? It is a 03 with 46,000 miles in good running order! Would prefer to sell it to a garage so that I could get something a little older in good condition in order to reduce my car loan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Get it NCT'ed.

Basically..that's about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Given how hard it is to sell second hand cars at the moment you are only cribling yourself further by not selling your car with a valid NCT cert.

Potential buyers have so much choice out there at the moment they can afford to be choosy and to be honest if I was looking at a used car that did not have a valid NCT the first thing that comes to mind is that there is potentially something serious wrong with the car that could amount to big money to put right. Very few will take that risk I'd imagine.

€50 and an hour or two of your time and it's done. Even if it fails for small issues at least you can show a buyer the NCT report and reduce the price accordingly. Can be the difference between selling the car and being stuck with it for a long time.

BTW a garage would not touch it either, given they are over stocked with their own trade-ins they cannot sell either, they will not want it even with a valid NCT cert I would image.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

+1 to whats been said above, what car is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 sim2

03 Opel Astra Njoy with 46,000 miles.

will probably just get the car NCT'd

Advertisement