Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Yngwie Wanksteens new album - Perpetual Flame

• 14-10-2008 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭

First of all, just look at the cut of him:

1047411.jpg

Anyways, anyone get their hands on a copy of this? What do you think? I'm listening to it now and it's fierce shit altogether. His solos have gotten steadily worse with each new album. Tis no Black Star.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭0utpost31

Quick update: The instrumental track Heavy Heart is pretty good...

Vocals are annoying. Same old guitar riffs and solos from Mr. Wanksteen.

Final verdict: shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Think that picture might have been taken a few years ago. Isn't he more heavy set these days?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Lol Malmsteen. I remember seeing him a few years ago on a G3 dvd and he was a fair bit heavier. Used to piss myself when he did that kick thing.
    That picture looks like its from his Black Star days.

btw anyone think the title is ripped from perpetual burn?(A truly great instrumental album)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

:Keith: wrote: »
    Think that picture might have been taken a few years ago. Isn't he more heavy set these days?

Either that or it's very heavily photoshopped. I'd say it's photoshopped anyway, his face looks like melted plastic there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 RabbleRouser

Oh my motherfvckin god - thats his new album?!!! I saw this in tower records the other day, I just assumed it was a c.d. he did back in the day; I looked at it simply because I thought it was funny looking. Mother of god, why did he use a picture from years ago? Why didn't he do the usual 'lots of dark shadows and moody lighting to emphasize dramatic qualities, but really to cover up the fact that he's a fat ba5tard'?
    I have his best of and can sum it up by saying that the tracks 1,2 and 10 are absolutely amazing, why? Because they're the instrumentals- anything this fella did with a band was fvckin shockin.

Whats with the pouted lips?

Actually, maybe its all pre-conceived; if it is then thats clever, but you know Yngwie- theres not many people who can get their heads as far up their own ar5es as he can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Oh my motherfvckin god - thats his new album?!!! I saw this in tower records the other day, I just assumed it was a c.d. he did back in the day; I looked at it simply because I thought it was funny looking. Mother of god, why did he use a picture from years ago?

It is a bit crazy alright, maybe his ego won't let him accept reality.

This is what he actually looks like

yngwie-malmsteen.jpg

It is a bit crazy alright, maybe his ego won't let him accept reality.

This is what he actually looks like

yngwie-malmsteen.jpg

It looks like he got a job in a medieval theme park, all he needs is a 3 pointed hat and he could be the town cryer!

"Here ye, Here ye, thou shalt have to listen to the wan|<ing of the frets- it shall keep away the evil spirits!"

I'm not a fashion expert, but leather pants? c'mon man.

Update #2: Been listening to it a bit more, it's growing on me a small bit, some awesome bits spread across the album but they're few and far between. You can tell he puts his heart and soul into some of the licks, the track Priest of the Unholy is another good'n.

Yngwie- theres not many people who can get their heads as far up their own ar5es as he can.

His head is so far up his own arse it's starting to poke out of his mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

More of the same old thing so?Isnt he permanantly stuck in 1982,i dont mind his stuff,but i cant listen to loads of it or it just starts to annoy me.
    That pic definatly looks like it was taken years ago..

0utpost31 wrote: »
    His head is so far up his own arse it's starting to poke out of his mouth.

I agree, its no wonder he doesn't sing!

I wonder what it is about this guy that extracts so much hatred and venom from people?

If they have a hall of fame, how come the don't have a 'hall of cvnts'? Wanksteen's bound to get a shoe in when they try to decide who'll do the opening ceremony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Ah Yngwie is alright. Music is plagued by countless useless *****, ****ing clones with no character, no individuality, no personality, just ****ing identikit wastrels with a guitar strapped to whatever height is fashionable at the time. He's a guy who's prepared to stand by who he is and what he does and he just doesn't give a ****. I like that in a person. I'm no great fan of his music but he's entertaining and full on in a world full of whiny apologetic pricks with **** tattoos, long may he continue.

Hey as I said in a previous post he puts his heart and sloul into some stuff unlike a lot of popular "metal" and rock musicians nowadays. But still, a lot of his stuff is recycled and I'm getting sick of it. I know my Yngwie Wanksteen - I have every one of his albums except the classical music one whatever that's called. And he is a bit of a wanker. Just look at the album cover.

He's a guy who's prepared to stand by who he is and what he does and he just doesn't give a ****. I like that in a person. I'm no great fan of his music but he's entertaining and full on in a world full of whiny apologetic pricks with **** tattoos, long may he continue.[/quote]

Ok, I agree that Y.W.'s got alot more credibiltiy then many of the pompous t0ssers who are in popular bands these days. And, pouting lips + leather pants aside, you can't doubt the fact that he is an excellent musician; like I said his instrumentals are totally amazing. But why can't he just do the right thing and stop trying to look 20 yrs younger? If he apperared on his album cover in a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt that said 'Paddy's Irish Bar - Lanzarote' (cos thats probably what he wears normally) I'd have so much more respect for him. If he did that then I'd be thinking 'yeah, right on wanksteam!'. Because hes trying to be something he's not he reminds me of muppets like Chris Martin from coldgay- a man who tries to appear like a soft sensitive soul who doesn't drink or eat meat; when in actual fact he's an arrogant boll0x and admitted a year ago that he does like to drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Anyone else here think he looks good on the album ...like real good

Ok, I agree that Y.W.'s got alot more credibiltiy then many of the pompous t0ssers who are in popular bands these days. And, pouting lips + leather pants aside, you can't doubt the fact that he is an excellent musician; like I said his instrumentals are totally amazing. But why can't he just do the right thing and stop trying to look 20 yrs younger?

Why should he? He's getting paid, he's driving Ferraris, he's going to tour the world on this album... where's your next gig? Maybe you should be getting some leather pants of your own :P

The man's a class act, just get over your conservatism and admit it. If he's not threatening to unleash the fury he's getting paid to rock out. He's got flames coming out of the guitar cos he plays so fast, for **** sake. The ****er is living the dream, man. More power to him.

And yeah... he looks real good :D

Doctor J wrote: »
    Why should he? He's getting paid, he's driving Ferraris, he's going to tour the world on this album... where's your next gig? Maybe you should be getting some leather pants of your own :P

The man's a class act, just get over your conservatism and admit it. If he's not threatening to unleash the fury he's getting paid to rock out. He's got flames coming out of the guitar cos he plays so fast, for **** sake. The ****er is living the dream, man. More power to him.

And yeah... he looks real good :D

If I thought leather pants would get me some paid gigs I'd be strutting about in a skin tight, dead-cow jumpsuit, belive me. But its a bit of a shame that he wears this stuff because, although it shouldn't matter, it does; and this has meant that a lot of people who would really like his music aren't listening to it because of the image he presents, and theres no need for him to present this image.I'd rather they were listening to his music rather than much of whats around today.

More importantly-you're wrong about the flames!
    Those flames are coming from the guitar because you can't put out Wanksteam's fire! its perpetual for f**ksake, they were always there!

Looks good now or then?

No, you're wrong and you're wrong to say I'm wrong. The flames are there because he always plays fast. Always. Look man, Yngwie is a package. You know what you're gonna get, he's gonna play fast, he's gonna be wearing leather pants, he's gonna drive there in a Ferrari and he's gonna play a strat. That's how it was, that's how it is and that's how it will be. Who would want it any other way? Do you think he'd look better if he played in a golf sweater? Hell no! He's Yngwie. This is how he looks, this is how he plays. Let go of your conservative inhibitions, free yourself from your closed mind and accept it. He's dressed like that because that cover is delivering a message. The message is that he's gonna play faster and rock harder than you or I ever could. That's what Yngwie does. The cover tells you all you need to know. If it scares you maybe you should see a doctor or practice guitar or something, but you still won't rock harder than Yngwie, ever. Look at the cover, see, that's what he's saying to you. That's what the pout is telling you. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

You don't get that with a pringles sweater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Yngwie quote:
    Yngwie wrote:
    'Some people say less is more, but I say more is more..'

Awesome :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Suppose vai is just as guilty of being in love with himself aswell!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

He doesn't apologize for who he is, not many do this. I don't like his music so much but that wins instant respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mmm I really liked him when he was in Alcatraz with Graham Bonnet.
    I remember when he first came on the scene his speed was literally unheard of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

People love to take the piss out of Malmsteen, but he does what he does well, and he rocks.

Recent studies by prominent scienticians have proven that Yngiwe is 47 different kinds of awesome :eek:

He does high-kicks in time with the music, and spins his guitar around his neck without missing a beat. Whats not to like!? :confused:

Plus, he was nearly killed in a beer-fueled car crash, and was told he would never play again. I bet those doctors are feeling pretty stupid now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Plus, he was nearly killed in a beer-fueled car crash, and was told he would never play again. I bet those doctors are feeling pretty stupid now :pac:

That's an inspirational oscar winner right there starring Ricky Gervais as Yngwie.

That's an inspirational oscar winner right there starring Ricky Gervais as Yngwie.
    Apparently, after the car-crash, they needed to cut his trousers off to bandage a wound, and he told them he'd rather die than have his awesome leather pants ruined. The man is a legend :pac:

Apparently, after the car-crash, they needed to cut his trousers off to bandage a wound, and he told them he'd rather die than have his awesome leather pants ruined. The man is a legend :pac:

Yeah, that time he beat-up his wife; Rock on...

Advertisement