Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween / Fancy dress parties?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

33 Views and not one reply? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Ha! :D I got 61 views and o replies for my halloween parade question. I even sent an email to Tubbercurry only to get no reply back.....
    Good luck in your party quest!

It's official: Sligo hates Halloween!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

33 Views and not one reply? :mad:

Can't talk now, getting final Halloween costume fitting for THE SLIGO BASH OF THE YEAR AT

/fiddles with wireless connection....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I know one of my friends has gotten a ridiculous costume for a party she's going to. I'm not sure where it is but I'll find out where it is when I see her later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

takola wrote: »
    I know one of my friends has gotten a ridiculous costume for a party she's going to. I'm not sure where it is but I'll find out where it is when I see her later.

Does your friend know of any parades? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Does your friend know of any parades? ;)

My friend proves to have very little information. In fact I'm considering trading her in for a more knowledgeable version! :pac:

Apparently "Halloween is on a Friday night. All the clubs are on on a Friday night so there's bound to be a fancy dress on somewhere. Duh!"

Why do I suddenly feel old? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

takola wrote: »
    My friend proves to have very little information. In fact I'm considering trading her in for a more knowledgeable version! :pac:

Apparently "Halloween is on a Friday night. All the clubs are on on a Friday night so there's bound to be a fancy dress on somewhere. Duh!"

Why do I suddenly feel old? :D
    :D It's not just you. I got almost exactly the same response from a friend during the week. I have visions of dozens of drunken 20-somethings being refused admission on the Friday night 'cos they don't match the dress code in their costumes ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Wednesday night Envy will be full of students, a large percentage of which will be dressed up (or the reverse for alot of the girls, whose fathers would rightly lock them up in their rooms and never let back to college if they saw them). Friday I imagine Toff's would be the best place and then Saturday Velvet. Some pretty good cotumes there the last couple of years, due to people old enough to have sense having more money to prove they have no sense.:D
    Outside of nightclubs, I don't know of any other places where fancy dress would be applicable, unless you plan on going trick-or-treating.

il gatto wrote: »
    unless you plan on going trick-or-treating.

I might have to... There's a recession on you know :D

• Advertisement

I might have to... There's a recession on you know :D

Yes. But what with things being so tight these days, the standard of sweets will be poor. Probably small pebbles, pre-chewed gum and, ugh!, Aero bars:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Haha, or worse - monkey nuts.

Ah yes. Monkey nuts. I know they're the basis of wonderful things like Snickers, peanut butter, brittle and dry roasted Planters and sundry other culinery delights, but my God are monkey nuts rank:eek:

Chimpy nuts > Monkey nuts! Fact!

Anyway - legend has it the Clarence is having a fancy dress par-tay on Friday night - oh yeaaa!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Hargadons are having a fancy dress party.....100 quid for the winner...if you enter and win remember who told you:D

So far, Hargadons, the Clarance and Tobergal Lane are having fancy dress parties, I think Harrys bar in The Point is having one too...

I think I'll try make them all and collect my winnings from them all :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

il gatto wrote: »
    Ah yes. Monkey nuts. I know they're the basis of wonderful things like Snickers, peanut butter, brittle and dry roasted Planters and sundry other culinery delights, but my God are monkey nuts rank:eek:

Halloween destroyed the reputation of monkey nuts in Ireland. I mean, fresh monkey nuts are up there in the Top 10 of nuts. Fresh, roasted monkey nuts are in the Top 5.

However, for as long as I can remember, it seems like someone decided that it would be a good idea to collect up all the old, stale, shrivelled & quite frankly - rank - monkey nuts that weren't used in the previous 12 months & ship them over to Ireland for sale over the Halloween period. Genius idea. However, I feel sorry for the nuts. It's not their fault.

Did you know Monkey nuts aren't actually nuts... They're peas!

Did you know Monkey nuts aren't actually nuts... They're peas!

I know. They're runners (as in they grow along the ground). Still, if we suddenly started calling them monkey peas, people would get confused. starbelgrade is right. Fresh monkey peas are nice.

Also, one other question:
    What time is it acceptable to start trick or treeting?

I need to know for.. a... friend.

<_<

>_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

magnumlady wrote: »
    Hargadons are having a fancy dress party.....100 quid for the winner...if you enter and win remember who told you:D

Well it's €10 to enter,does that mean you will pay for us to enter:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Blimey I didn't read that bit....I think it should be free to get in.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Well it's €10 to enter,does that mean you will pay for us to enter:p

Screw that, €10 into Hargadons..? That makes no sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I think they mean a tenner to enter the contest, not to get into the place.

I would assume, anyway.

Advertisement