Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on behaviour

Options
  • 14-10-2008 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Ok, guys, just a quick blog on whats happened this past week, and I would appreciate some sound advice, not "get over it" lol

Theres a guy i have kinda known for a while, im bi and know hes gay lol
    Last week i asked him out, but because I was so nervous, all I could manage was the "did you drop this piece of paper?" routine

Now, since then he has blanked me on a few occasions and earlier he saw me, turned and walked the other way.

Now I dont mind if hes not interested, although i would have preferred him telling me, but I feel like I have made him feel very awkward around me by handling things the way I did,

and I feel that I should speak to him if I can and explain that I am sorry if I made him feel awkward, I understand him not being interested, and I am happy to stay friends if he wants to.

Do you guys think I should do this, or leave it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Do you mean the piece of paper was a note asking him out? What did it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

What do you mean by "Did you drop this piece of paper?"?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bicarlowguy

it had my name and number on, saying to call me sometime and id like to go somewhere like a coffee, like i said, not the best way of asking someone out, but i paniced lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Ok not the best way to go about it but what's done is done. :)

Next time you see him, just go up to him. If he starts walking away call his name. When you get talking to him, tell him that you were nervous before and you panicked. Then ask him if he wants to go for a coffee. If he's rude to he's probably not worth it.

well i am definitely gonna explain to him, if i get the chance and say i didnt mean to make him feel awkward, and apologise for that, dont wanna make an issue of it.

if he is ok about it, he will either wanna stay friends or whatever, im not too worried about that, as long as he understands that i didnt mean to make him feel awkward about anything... lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

What's the context here? Is this a work situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'd give it awhile before approaching him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

How do you know he is gay?
    Perhaps, if he is gay and not out, he's freaked out that you know. If he's straight, well then it's pretty obvious why he's freaking out :)

Dropping a piece of paper lol, never heard / thought of that one before :D

well its been a week, so i think its time to nip it in the bud so to speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Its not about when you're ready its about when he's ready. If you "confront" him, then it will be an issue. Best bet is next time you're around him act as if it never even happened.

You seem really determined to talk to him about this, so the best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

After crashing a car into someone it's rarely advisable to go back and hit them with a truck a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I don't think dropping a piece of paper is the worst way to ask someone out. Fair enough, it might not be the best, but you put your intentions across to him, and he responded by blanking you.

So what makes you think that he's going to be more receptive if you speak to him directly? Sorry to say, but it sounds like he's made his mind up, and he doesn't want to go out with you.

I would suggest that you give him some time. If he continues to blank you, then maybe you should be glad that he didn't take you up on the offer if behaves so childishly.

update is that we are kinda starting to talk normally and maybe we will just stay friends lol, so there may not be a need to apologise yet... just see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tara45

If you like him, then maybe being friends is the best way to start ...

i dunno lol, id like to be more than friends, but i cant ask him out again, i just wanna see if we can be friends at the moment, i dont know if i could pick up the courage to ask, in a good or bad way, not after last week lol

dont know if thats clear or not, but i just feel i should let things happen at the minute, hopefully he realises i am interested, and will come back to me if he ever feels the same

Advertisement