Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm having a little trouble with my beliefs....

• 14-10-2008 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭

Are atheists who make anti-religion jokes smug or just plain ****? Do thet do it because they have it all figured out or because they like the attention and being different? I just don't know what to believe...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Em...do you think atheists are going to say "oh yeah, I'm an ass, that's why I make jokes".

I'd say they do it because it IS funny :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Malari wrote: »
    Em...do you think atheists are going to say "oh yeah, I'm an ass, that's why I make jokes".

I'd say they do it because it IS funny :rolleyes:
    Well, it is funny.

OP, have a look at the atheist arrogance thread. If you are actually interested in an answer you mind find it there.

MrP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

MrPudding wrote: »
    Well, it is funny.

OP, have a look at the atheist arrogance thread. If you are actually interested in an answer you mind find it there.

MrP

Oh yeah, and have a look at the Religious Humour sticky here too, it's great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Are atheists who make anti-religion jokes smug or just plain ****? Do thet do it because they have it all figured out or because they like the attention and being different? I just don't know what to believe...

What has this got to do with the trouble you are having with your beliefs? I don't make that many religious jokes becuase I find myself quickly alienated due to the fact that a huge majority of people are theists. But I rather point what I think is just plain wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

What has this got to do with the trouble you are having with your beliefs?

I think he's talking about his beliefs about atheists and not his religious beliefs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DanCorb

The same reason we make jokes about politics, sports, music. Why does religion deserve extra respect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sorry OP you're wrong about everything

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I just don't know what to believe...
    Believe you have a chip on your shoulder.

I reserve the right to close this thread for your own sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

There are ass hole atheists and ass hole religious people. Yes some atheists are arrogant and insensitive but some religious people are ridiculously ignorant and try to adopt the moral highrgound when even the simpliest logic would show they have no basis for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Dades wrote: »
    I reserve the right to close this thread for your own sake.

Is that how we shall run our secular paradise?! Let the strange person voice their confusing opinions. It shall entertain us if not enlighten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Yes to all of it ...

... it would be pointless to argue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Maybe OP should define what an anti-religious joke is?

Is it like the one that end's in "Peter, Peter. I can see your house from here!"

Anyway it's funny how a thread with the headline "having trouble with my beliefs" attracts the atheists like flies 'round sh1te. Chance of another soul eh? Worse than the christians the lot of yis!! *smiley face*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,690 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

studiorat wrote: »
    Maybe OP should define what an anti-religious joke is?

Is it like the one that end's in "Peter, Peter. I can see your house from here!"

Anyway it's funny how a thread with the headline "having trouble with my beliefs" attracts the atheists like flies 'round sh1te. Chance of another soul eh? Worse than the christians the lot of yis!! *smiley face*

^^I see Billy Connolly is in the house

I'll Billy Connolly you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,690 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

studiorat wrote: »
    I'll Billy Connolly you.

I'll Tommy Tiernan you !

Is that a BC joke? It seems to register somewhere.

I'll give you tommy tiernan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Disappointed that this moronic bitter tripe is humoured here.

Guys please don't feed trolls.
    I'm sorry that in replying, I also bumped the thread.

This unhelpful thread should be locked. I wonder how far I would get over in Christianity if I labelled them all "smug" / "plain ****". Not that I would, I'm not that much of a trolling idiot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

womoma wrote: »
    Disappointed that this moronic bitter tripe is humoured here.

Guys please don't feed trolls.
    I'm sorry that in replying, I also bumped the thread.

This unhelpful thread should be locked. I wonder how far I would get over in Christianity if I labelled them all "smug" / "plain ****". Not that I would, I'm not that much of a trolling idiot.

What I like about this forum nobody here takes stuff like this too seriously.

The fact that it has not been locked is a huge credit to the regular posters and the mods here.

Bring it on Trolls (Sorry Dades :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Are atheists who make anti-religion jokes smug or just plain ****?

Ummmm .. the first one?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

LOL at bumping a forgotten thread to suggest it be locked!

I think it would be unfair to allow the open talk we do without being able to take a bit of stick. Although such a blatant troll wouldn't be entertained except for the fact that heathens don't generally have the same sensibilities to offend as many religious posters have.

Yeah, it's daft. But it breaks the monotony of our purposeless lives. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement