Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AH Budget discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭waterford mma

CiaranC wrote: »
    I dont get it. You think childminding and car tax and petrol are somehow free when you are on the dole?

no driving to work and why have a childminder if you are going to be around the house

think thats what the op meant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

no driving to work and why have a childminder if you are going to be around the house

think thats what the op meant
    Ah I see. Go for it so! ;)

Or get a proper job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

caoibhin wrote: »
    People, wake up, you and your family have just been raped by the FF/developer cartel.

And who voted the stupid cnuts back in again??
    And look at Mexico's unemployment rate http://www.indexmundi.com/mexico/unemployment_rate.html
    Don't work don't eat.
    As for the beggars screw them get a job or starve especially when you expect me to support your addictions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

jay-me wrote: »
    And who voted the stupid cnuts back in again??
    And look at Mexico's unemployment rate http://www.indexmundi.com/mexico/unemployment_rate.html
    Don't work don't eat.
    As for the beggars screw them get a job or starve especially when you expect me to support your addictions!

:eek: how did you know about my begging and addictions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Dole up to 204.30
    So they have effectively closed the gap even closer between the minimum wage and the Dole by raising it and adding 1% on income tax, thats clever :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

I don't think this budget went far enough, they should of been tougher. They're just delaying the envitable by having a reasonably soft budget, and I say this as someone who earns just slightly above minimum wage. Only I'm not greedy and selfish like your average Irish person. Unlike you lot I don't have a cocaine habit to feed and I'm not an alco. I don't own a gass guzzling range rover to get me to my work which is 20 minutes away from my flat.

We are all in this mess together and everyone has to make big sacrifices. I'm sorry the income levy wasn't about 5% for everyone. Its not like we can't afford it, I earn peanuts, pay ridicoulous rent money for a bedsit, but could still easily afford it. In fact I wouldn't mind if we all just had to throw a grand or two at the government every year to speed up our recovery process and get the celtic tiger back on track.

*feels smug and looks down with contempt on the cretinous vultures in this thread*

so..... beans on toast it is then!

they still do KVI bread yeh??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

all of our bills will be going up too with the .5% increase on VAT

:eek: how did you know about my begging and addictions?

You have been in my sights for some time now. I am waiting to see when you will suprise me and go and buy outright a hostel in City Centre

Shmuck wrote: »
    In fact I wouldn't mind if we all just had to throw a grand or two at the government every year to speed up our recovery process and get the celtic tiger back on track.

I was just thinking the same myself, but i have no problems paying extra for health, education and social welfare. I do have a problem giving these morons money to pi*s away on electronic voting machines, Ppars and bailouts for builders and banks.

• Advertisement

I was just thinking the same myself, but i have no problems paying extra for health, education and social welfare. I do have a problem giving these morons money to pi*s away on electronic voting machines, Ppars and bailouts for builders and banks.

How else do you expect them to rig elections? Surely not by using the time consuming methods of a miscount. And sure aren't the Government, Bankers and builders all the one family? they are just looking out for one another sort of cute in a sentimental way I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I don't think this budget went far enough, they should of been tougher. They're just delaying the envitable by having a reasonably soft budget, and I say this as someone who earns just slightly above minimum wage. Only I'm not greedy and selfish like your average Irish person. Unlike you lot I don't have a cocaine habit to feed and I'm not an alco. I don't own a gass guzzling range rover to get me to my work which is 20 minutes away from my flat.

We are all in this mess together and everyone has to make big sacrifices. I'm sorry the income levy wasn't about 5% for everyone. Its not like we can't afford it, I earn peanuts, pay ridicoulous rent money for a bedsit, but could still easily afford it. In fact I wouldn't mind if we all just had to throw a grand or two at the government every year to speed up our recovery process and get the celtic tiger back on track.

*feels smug and looks down with contempt on the cretinous vultures in this thread*

I don't buy into this mindset of "we're all in this together" or this list of sacrifices supposed to make us all feel "patriotic". You might be able to afford it, hell I can as well, but the question is why? Why should we be forced to take so much **** from this budget for a problem which is out of the control of any normal working citizen of this country?

We get hit for petrol just as its coming down in price globally, get smacked with another rise in tax and now also have the privelege of giving this useless government a 1% levy of whats left of the wage packet after all that. And we're supposed to feel patriotic? Eat a dick Lenihan...

I couldn't be more ashamed or pissed off of living in this country now if I tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

On the upside! Tax has been lowered on rope, bullets and razor blades. Weedkiller has remained the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't have 1500 quid to pay college registration!

well, I guess it's onto the dole for me. Seems like a better life anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

+1, we're seeing more of the same mentality that got us into this mess in the first place, in particular pandering to the public sector unions, failure to see that current spending is still on another planet, compared to where it ought to be... I'd have respected the man if I saw something hard to swallow but that I thought would make a difference...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just read 20 odd pages of this stuff, and i still dont get it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Kiith wrote: »

You're probably better off tbh :D

Kiith wrote: »

Dont get what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Video responce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5-YmMxXQK8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I never thought the celtic tiger would last,,, we Irish thrive in the face of adversity,,,we're used to not having much,, thats why we are nation of drinkers. If our nans and grandads could survive on rations then I think we'll be alright:) Maybe we've gotton too soft and have gotten used to buying the things we want even if it was on credit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Nothing is sacred, even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

1% income tax levy? €1500 registration fee if I wanna continue college next year? And the possibility of a re-introduction of college fees. Hmm, and they wonder why there's a "brain drain"?
    Well they can go **** themselves, I'm on the first flight out of this ****hole the second I graduate next year, *****. Of course, they'll still squeeze €10 more out of me for the pleasure of leaving this ****hole!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Kensington wrote: »
    1% income tax levy? €1500 registration fee if I wanna continue college next year? And the possibility of a re-introduction of college fees. Hmm, and they wonder why there's a "brain drain"?
    Well they can go **** themselves, I'm on the first flight out of this ****hole the second I graduate next year, *****. Of course, they'll still squeeze €10 more out of me for the pleasure of leaving this ****hole!!!

By any chance would you be leaving for a country that has "full" college fees. I have full in quotes as I know people will jump on me say that 1500 is a full fee. But have a look a some other countries and you will find it's not.

Re- introduction of fees I am against.

However so many people are on the **** this I'm out of here of buzz, that I wonder have they actually noticed the state of the worlds economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

So let me get this straight....

They're charging us a tenner now to emigrate...

Blarney92 wrote: »

Thats about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

You're so full of **** its not worth giving you much more response than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

ongarite wrote: »
    I work for one of the big equipment suppliers in Intel and I can confirm what Javaboy & Darragh29 is true.
    The majority of the jobs in Intel are far from high-skilled and the most of them couldn't think for themselves. Intel is very very strictly regulated work envoirenment with all work done from pre-printed procedures.
    A trained monkey could do most of the grunt work.

Just to set the record straight. I didn't actually say that. I was just pointing out that people shouldn't be surprised when some of the jobs created by high tech businesses are low skilled jobs.
    Blarney92 wrote: »

Mayor Quimby: "uh, there's a thousand dollar leaving town tax."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

By any chance would you be leaving for a country that has "full" college fees. I have full in quotes as I know people will jump on me say that 1500 is a full fee. But have a look a some other countries and you will find it's not.
    [/mindless ranting mode off] :pac:

In fairness you'd get far, far better facilities for the fees that you'd pay abroad. Far far better. And if something was to improve for the extra €600 they're going to charge each person then absolutely, go for it, but I think we all know damn well that not one cent of that extra €600 will actually end up being funded back into colleges...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I think the poster said that as soon as he finished College he was off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I've worked it out. between increased petrol costs, increased car tax, and employment levy's, and the higher unemplyment benefit, combined with the ridiculous cost of childminding, I am making a massive €35 per weekbyt having a job versus being on the dole. Thats less than a euro per hour that I actually work. The goverment just keeps screwing me right over.

Before anyone jumps up saying anything I work in a secure job making a decent average wage, but its getting incredibly hard to get up in the morning for €7 per day.

you aren't getting up for 7 euro per day, you are getting up for 7 euro plus petrol, your car, some one minding your kids etc.

comparing your wage to the dole using ONLY your diposable income is plain childish.

Advertisement