Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can you sell a car by not using Carzone?

Options
  • 14-10-2008 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

given the state of the market at the moment, do people think that unless they put the car for sale on Carzone, it will never sell?

Even putting it on there doesn't guarantee a sale, but do people really look at the alternatives like the free ads on B&S, adverts.ie or enthusiasts websites when searching for a car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have used other ways of buying cars but still keep an eye on carzone. Just the common use of photos makes it much better than B&S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

adverts.ie is good

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pmcf

ive never sold a car using carzone got more response from the free sites like adverts.ie and gumtree worked in the end for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

I've always had success with B&S, and Carzone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

adverts.ie, gumtree etc have never worked for me when selling and I think for people looking for something they don't work either - there's not enough choice. It's like people that buy from a magazine, they see a car for 25k and they go and buy it, the thing is they've had nothing to compare it against. On carzone if a car is advertised for 25k you can clearly see by comparison if it's a good deal or if you're being ripped off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

I've had responses to car sales on gumtree too.
    anyone using B&S or gumtree or adverts is looking for a bargain so probably sub 5k in worth.

We probably all spend all day on the web looking for car info etc. The vast majority of people decide to get a new car, go to the local dealer and pick one. Or look in the local rag and if it looks OK, try to knock 500 off and are happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭handbraker

A combination of
    CarsIreland.ie
    Adverts.ie
    Car buyers guide (note only 1 week free here)
    should sell any competitively priced car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Sister's car was sold with a4 for sale sign in the back window.
    I've sold cars through adverts.ie and buyandsell and got responses to adverts through gumtree and carsireland.ie

Advertisement