Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

TVR -

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

MRJ wrote: »
    The cerbera is a nice looking car dont know if they still make them, they would wipe the floor with any Ferrari or Porsche.

are you serious??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

tdc wrote: »
    are you serious??

Not quite every Ferrari or porsche but with these figures -

4.2 4.2s to 60 and 180mph top
    4.5 3.9s to 60 and 195mph top

in the early 00's the Cerbera would have bet the more lowly supercars alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Ferris wrote: »
    Not quite every Ferrari or porsche but with these figures -

4.2 4.2s to 60 and 180mph top
    4.5 3.9s to 60 and 195mph top

in the early 00's the Cerberus would have bet the more lowly supercars alright.

so they could more or less keep up with a '99 ferrari 360? i think "mop the floor" is a really bad choice of words.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Seriously lads - there is an awful lot more to a car than just speed - there is a very good reason why Ferrari and Porsche sell thousands and TVR don't despite the not inconsiderable price difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

so they could more or less keep up with a '99 ferrari 360? i think "mop the floor" is a really bad choice of words.

I wouldn't describe a 360 as lowly.

The Cerbera was between stg30-45k when new, considerably cheaper than any supercar and a lot of sportscars. if fact it was stg10k cheaper than the base 911 which it would knock the pants off performance wise. Actually you would need a Carerra 4 Turbo to catch one at a cost of stg90k.

im not saying it was as good as a porsche, they certainly gave a huge amount of trouble, but it was certainly able to worry a lot of decent sportscars, costing a lot more, both on and off the track.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Don't forget the Sagaris which was the fastest production tvr (bar the speed 12) at 3.7 secs to 60.
    RobAMerc wrote: »
    Seriously lads - there is an awful lot more to a car than just speed - there is a very good reason why Ferrari and Porsche sell thousands and TVR don't despite the not inconsiderable price difference.

Yes there is alot more to a car then 0-60. But the reason porsche and ferrari sell alot more is because they are backed by billions of dollars/pounds/euros. Tvr actually made their own engine in the end and you have to give them huge credit for that on a very limited budget and then went on to beat alot of cars at 2 times the price. Of course some are unreliable but your going to hear alot more about 'my mates tvr that went bang' then your 'mates grannys micra that went bang'!

Point of the day being now that prices are so low on second hand tvrs they are definitly one of the best performance cars to have. They are hard to drive, they do scare you ****less, they may break down. But that's all part of the excitment of having an on the edge sportscar. If you can't handle that then stick with the more bland 350z's and rx9's :p

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

are you serious??
    Go on to you tube and type in TVR cerbera race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I heard the rumble of a v8 in Sligo the other day and turned round to see one go past.

I would like to drive one, but not own one. Very few mechanics like to work on their own cars!

My mate reckons driving one is like going out with a stunning looking bird and knowing she was gonna give you an STD and dump you but still going at her bareback!

Advertisement