Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

8cent on Petrol :O

Options
  • 14-10-2008 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Actually didn't notice the other thread...... DELETE ME :D

Soz!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No you heard right. Petrol up 8c from midnight.

Diesel unaffected though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No, you're right. 8c on petrol and nothing on diesel. What a bunch of *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Gormley still has to announce the details of his Carbon Budget tomorrow though. No doubt there'll be some hike in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

vaseline.jpg

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Its rough but I anticipated a 7.5cents anyway and was expecting the Tax as well, The old reliables!! I knew the beers wouldn't be hiot the pubs are dying a death at the ,moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

We will need more than a pocket sized one tbh. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

this should make the buggery a bit softer

product_35.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

I was expecting a rise in diesel, pleasantly surprised :)

*chugs away in his tractor*

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Well Hammertime said there is a 7 or 8c drop due so nothign should change really.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yikes. I'd like to think it would mean less traffic, but more likely we'll just see more "breakdowns" on the M50 and the like...
    Stekelly wrote:
    Well Hammertime said there is a 7 or 8c drop due so nothign should change really.

Hopefully.

/Awaits smug remarks from friends with diesel cars tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Stark wrote: »
    Yikes. I'd like to think it would mean less traffic, but more likely we'll just see more "breakdowns" on the M50 and the like...

Hopefully.
    How do you figure that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Stephen wrote: »
    No, you're right. 8c on petrol and nothing on diesel. What a bunch of *****.

Indeed, E92 wont be happy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Bond-007 wrote: »
    How do you figure that?

People running on empty??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Perhaps Gormley will add another 2cents carbon levy on petrol to make it an even 10cent, the diesel heads will get the 2cent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

go and top up while ye can :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Have I got this right.

There will be an extra 8C per liter on petrol plus the extra .5% VAT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

I already know one guy who has had his tank altered and an extra cap added in the boot so that when he is dipped it will show white but he is running exclusively on Agricultural Diesel, can't say I blame him and if you voted Fianna Fail just simply shut up and take the raping or else just commit suicide as Bertie Ahern said.

My sell off and plans to emigrate take another step forward.

mumhaabu wrote: »
    I already know one guy who has had his tank altered and an extra cap added in the boot so that when he is dipped it will show white but he is running exclusively on Agricultural Diesel, can't say I blame him and if you voted Fianna Fail just simply shut up and take the raping or else just commit suicide as Bertie Ahern said.

Why doesn't he just buy his fuel up north where they have well run governments and everything is che..... oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

mumhaabu wrote: »

I don't see how you justify using illegal diesel on the basis of a petrol tax increase tbh.

Stark wrote: »
    I don't see how you justify using illegal diesel on the basis of a petrol tax increase tbh.

Is that not how stuff works around here? If you are above 70% annoyed by something you don't have to partake.Legality is irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Legal Diesel didnt go up, I hope he's caught, its a green tax, diesel greener (and dearer) than petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

8c and the price of oil has climbed back above $80! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

They should increase the tax on illegal diesel, that could be a real money spinner...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Stekelly wrote: »
    Why doesn't he just buy his fuel up north where they have well run governments and everything is che..... oh wait.

Well he is about as far away from the North as you could be on the Island of Ireland. Fianna Fail have Ireland on its knees and they increased spending instead of mass mutilation on the Public sector and tax cuts across the board. I for one am Emigrating, and I advise all young people to do the same as we will soon be on Potatoes and Milk again thanks to Bertie Ahern and the great Property Pyramid Scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

AudiChris wrote: »
    They should increase the tax on illegal diesel, that could be a real money spinner...

Not really when you consider the cost of discovering it, not to mention that the customs lads (much like ourselves) are getting feck all overtime now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Have I got this right.

There will be an extra 8C per liter on petrol plus the extra .5% VAT?

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

the excise increase is 6.61 cent per litre & vat

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

closed, same as all the other budget offshoot threads. Please stick to the main budget thread for further discussion, thank you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement