Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

where to get 'off the road' declaration form

Options
  • 14-10-2008 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

hi,

my sister has a car that she is giving me, but it has been off the road for about a year now. Im just wondering where i would get an 'off the road' declaration form?

also, the car is a '93. Does this mean I need to send the form to the vehicle registration unit in clare or do i just send it to my local motor tax office?

thanks,

dan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Are you going to be putting it back on the road? Why do you need to declare it off the road.

If it's tax your worried about, your not liable for anything to do with the car prior to the date on the change of ownership form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The Road tax application form has a declaration section that you must get filled out and stamped at a Garda station to state that your vehicle has been off the road.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

here you go, its an RF100A form you need.

https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/RF100A_en.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The Road tax application form has a declaration section that you must get filled out and stamped at a Garda station to state that your vehicle has been off the road.

Not if he's only getting it put into his name (which I would assume he is seeing as its now his car) the fact that it hasn't been taxed and/or was off the road is irrelevant to him as the new owner. Once the VLC comes back he just taxes it as normal from the start of the month the ownership changed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I've noticed in the last few months that when the motor tax reminder / renal form comes out in the post, they've already torn off this portion. Has anyone else noticed this?

But you can download & print the renewal (with the declaration part) form from the web.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Stekelly wrote: »
    Not if he's only getting it put into his name (which I would assume he is seeing as its now his car) the fact that it hasn't been taxed and/or was off the road is irrelevant to him as the new owner. Once the VLC comes back he just taxes it as normal from the start of the month the ownership changed in.
    +1
    I've recent experience of that - the new owner is only liable from the date of change of ownership. The previous owner is not liable for anything (unless the car was recorded on the road - e.g. parking or speeding ticket).

Advertisement