Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50c increase - opinions

Options
  • 14-10-2008 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Yes, we have 2 budget threads with some discussion on this but Id like to hear opinions from fellow smokers

Personally, little bit miffed but hasn't made me want to quit, even though I think I mentioned on a thread some time ago that I would probably quit when they hit €8

Another price hike like that may make me quit

Comments

We keep saying that, but it's not going to happen is it?

I'm personally going back to other (less legal) suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

That was a real sickener......:mad:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Papa Smut wrote: »
    We keep saying that, but it's not going to happen is it?

Yes, the "less legal suppliers" is the cheapest way!

Of course, the dearer smokes get, the more smokers will look to choose this option, thus less wonga for the Government to play with (which would sorta defeat their plan to make more money rather than less). I suppose the masses will still get their smokes the usual way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Papa Smut wrote: »

As soon as I heard the increase I went straight onto a website Ive been hovering around for a while.
    €17 for 6 packs & free delivery.

Now I just have to play roulette with the customs

I know you maybe talking about other methods, but im gonna try online first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

TBH, anyone earning more than 30,000 euro per year is going to be loosing twice as much on this bloody levvy than we are on the 50c increase on fags. (Assuming you are a 20 a day smoker)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Like previous poster said, we always say "if the smokes hit x Euro I'll give up". First pack I bought after the increase I though "fcuk, won't be long now before there'll be no change out a tenner". but that was almost instantly forgotten when I opened the pack and had the first out of a really fresh pack of reds. Jaysus sure, what price can you put on pleasure like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement