Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pat Scully Departs

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thats fine so. However, I did hear that bridges have been built in the meantime, that the SRFC board see him as a decent option given his relative success in previous seasons with Longford, and his handling of the current mess at CCFC has impressed not just CCFC fans. It is unlikely he will still be CCFC mamager, therefore he will be moving back to Dublin. He played for and supported the club. Its not that much of a longshot IMO. Unless he decides to go to Drogs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Absolute and total bull. Simple as.

Look, your knowledge of Shamrock's employment strategy has been found to be sorely lacking in the last week or so, and it would still seem to be the same.

I know, for a fact, that what I have stated already is indeed the case.

Now, you can call bullshít all you want, but it won't change that immutable fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Des wrote: »
    Look, your knowledge of Shamrock's employment strategy has been found to be sorely lacking in the last week or so, and it would still seem to be the same.

I know, for a fact, that what I have stated already is indeed the case.

Now, you can call bullshít all you want, but it won't change that immutable fact.

You are like a B*hs fan. Putting FACT! at the end of a sentence does not make it true. :rolleyes:

Rovers have not even advertised the job yet, but you 'know for a fact' that they have tapped up a rural clubs manager who is only slightly more popular than Roderick at Rovers.

Utter and complete shte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You are like a B*hs fan. Putting FACT! at the end of a sentence does not make it true. :rolleyes:

So you start the name calling, because you know I'm right, and you aren't as "in the know" about Rovers, other clubs or the FAI as you masquerade.

Nice
    Rovers have not even advertised the job yet, but you 'know for a fact' that they have tapped up a rural clubs manager who is only slightly more popular than Roderick at Rovers.
    I know there has been contact, from the Rovers side.

You don't believe that, but I assure you, it's true.
    Utter and complete shte.

OK so, believe what you want.

Des, unless you are willing to state how you know this 'fact', you have been found out as a waffler here big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i thought we had all learned to ignore what OhNoI'mWrongAGAIN posts?

anyway

wouldnt surprise me if rovers had mathews lined up. and if mathews wanted it, his family are still in dublin and haven't moved to cork.

he's done a fantastic job since city went into examinership and has been the very definition of a consummate professional in holding the team together in what has been an incredibly tough time

rico would be great for rovers IMO, he's the man they need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I have him on ignore :) , past year or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

gimmick wrote: »
    So because there is a caretaker manager put in place my story is 100% wrong? Whatever :rolleyes:
    Are you honestly saying that you had a discussion with someone in the know as to who the next SRFC Manager would be and he didnt mention that a caretaker was in place since lunchtime that day? Youre a spoofer.

Isnt Matthews still under contract at Cork anyway? Surely this means we cant 'approach' him any more than we can Kenny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Mathews is technically not under contract with CCFC since Examinership.

EDIT: Just for the record, I am not saying Alan Mathews wants to, or will be Shams new manager. I am saying that I heard that the situation has been sounded out.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, thanks for clearing that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

CiaranC wrote: »
    Some crazy claims to be 'in the know' on here lately.

Yeah, from ONYD.
    Are you honestly saying that you had a discussion with someone in the know as to who the next SRFC Manager would be and he didnt mention that a caretaker was in place since lunchtime that day? Youre a spoofer.

To be fair, I don't think gimmick said anywhere if his source mentioned anything about a caretaker manager. :confused: The thread wasn't about a caretaker manager. He said:
    gimmick wrote: »
    :D No longer speculation. I have heard from a very good source that Mathews is on a shortlist of 2 to take the Shams job. This is despite the fact he and the Shams board are not exactly buddies. They see him as an ideal part time manager to establish themselves in Tallaght and push on from mid table.

The other is obviously Rico.

No mention of caretaker manager at all.
    Des, unless you are willing to state how you know this 'fact', you have been found out as a waffler here big time.

LOL!! :D People in glass houses...
    Two words: Pot, kettle.

Supporters of the shams really have to be the most blind, deluded, hypocritical and bitter fans in the LoI.

Paul Cooke would be a great appointment. Rico would be another good choice (wasn't he in charge for the famous SantrySiro Massacre? :D). Hopefully it's Roddy they pick again, did a great job last time around :pac:....

Publin wrote: »
    No mention of caretaker manager at all.
    Exactly my point.
    Supporters of the shams really have to be the most blind, deluded, hypocritical and bitter fans in the LoI.
    Hah, says the fan of THE BIG CLUB. Go back to pretended yous are not going bust.

Exactly my point.
    Hah, says the fan of THE BIG CLUB. Go back to pretended yous are not going bust.

I think it's been proven by the contributions from fans of the minnow club on here already that your lot are the worst bunch of moaners, begrudgers and hypocrites.

Going bust? We have an asset which is worth €20m/€30m/€40m+ and debts of nothing even remotely close to that. In a worst case scenario, we're forced to sell the asset and realise its worth to pay off creditors. You won't catch us dodging our debts and paying 4% in the euro.

Fair enough, thanks for clearing that up.

clearing what up?

he is spoofing. Rovers have not approached anyone, let alone a manager under contract and deffo not that manager under contract.

he may have applied for the job however ;)

Double post...

• Advertisement

I think it's been proven by the contributions from fans of the minnow club on here already that your lot are the worst bunch of moaners, begrudgers and hypocrites.

no - I'm calling people who claim to have an inside track to back their theories up. not unreasonable.
    Going bust? We have an asset which is worth €20m/€30m/€40m+ and debts of nothing even remotely close to that. In a worst case scenario, we're forced to sell the asset and realise its worth to pay off creditors. You won't catch us dodging our debts and paying 4% in the euro.

hahahahaha

you don't even know what bits of the 'asset' you own ffs.

very significant chance this time next week you will be a first division club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

you don't even know what bits of the 'asset' you own ffs.

very significant chance this time next week you will be a first division club.

Regardless of whether a small piece of the ground has been sold already, the site is still worth a considerable sum of money, far, far, far in excess of our debts. FACT! ;)

Very significant chance? Well, I beg to differ there, but we've been through it before so we shall wait and see what the court case tomorrow brings.

For what it's worth, no matter which way the courts decide it, I'd like to see us reduce our spending significantly next season. Only really ourselves and Pats still throwing around crazy money. With so many clubs in financial difficulties, now is the time for all clubs to take advantage and sign players on reduced wages so that spending is sustainable in the medium to long term. Big opportunity for all LoI clubs.

20/30/40 million is it? LOL. Think you meant 40/30/20 because thats the direction is value is going in. Im still mystified as to who is going to buy Dalymount from you given the current climate.

20/30/40 million is it? LOL. Think you meant 40/30/20 because thats the direction is value is going in. Im still mystified as to who is going to buy Dalymount from you given the current climate.

I'm not a property valuer/developer/auctioneer. I don't claim to know the exact value of the land. When I don't know, I don't bullsh*t everyone else and claim to be in the know ;). I put in a range of figures, so as I wouldn't get other people arguing over the exact value of it as if they were experts.

Whether you like it or not, Dalymount is in a prime location in close proximity to the city centre of a wealthy European capital city. The land value won't be affected to the same extent as houses in the suburbs/outer commuter belt. There will always be a demand and a high value attached to land in such a prime location. The current climate has probably knocked a chunk off the value of Dalymount though, so this would be an ideal time for some rich property developer/speculator to buy up the land, sit on it for a couple of years until things pick up again, and make a killing by selling it on/developing it.

• Advertisement

When I don't know, I don't bullsh*t everyone else and claim to be in the know ;)
    Why not, everyone else is doing it.

I think you are being very over-optimistic re Dalymount, and it would be a disaster for yous to be forced to sell it and move out to County Dublin anyway. Time will tell.

Why not, everyone else is doing it.

:D Good point.
    I think you are being very over-optimistic re Dalymount, and it would be a disaster for yous to be forced to sell it and move out to County Dublin anyway. Time will tell.

"Very over-optimistic" by saying €20m (severe worst case scenario!) to €40m?? The Carroll deal agreed to less than 2 years ago was approaching €60m. I thought I was being quite conservative with my estimate.

I agree, it would be a bit of a disaster if we were FORCED to sell (by creditors etc.), but if we can choose to do it and our bargaining power is not too greatly diminished, it could be a great move to secure the future of the club. I would of course love to be able to stay in Dalymount and would be sad to see Dalymount go given it's history and the memories I have from going to games there. The problem with Dalymount however, is the day-to-day upkeep and operational expenses of an old (besides the Jodi stand) stadium. We'd also be quite restricted with any further construction or re-development of it and the lack of other facilities would limit us in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Also lets not forget that the FAI tried to force us to sell half of Dalymount to Shels for €10m which left us with little choice but to sell up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Simple question, if the Gypos can sell their ground for €40m/€30m/€20m, why haven't they? Not because they no longer own part of it surely.

Anyway, to get back on topic the Super Hoops against Pat's today. New caretaker boss, nothing to play for on either side, I'll have a few quid of Rovers to win with Rice back. Two weeks until Derry and the final 'home' game before we really move home.

Simple question, if the Gypos can sell their ground for €40m/€30m/€20m, why haven't they? Not because they no longer own part of it surely.

Anyway, to get back on topic the Super Hoops against Pat's today. New caretaker boss, nothing to play for on either side, I'll have a few quid of Rovers to win with Rice back. Two weeks until Derry and the final 'home' game before we really move home.
    Isnt the game tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

It was so sellable we sold it twice.

Court case adjourned till date unknown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Isnt the game tomorrow?

Yeh, it is, 7:45pm. Shels are playing in Tolka tonight!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dfx- wrote: »
    Rovers and Scully have parted ways..amicably

Interesting comments from Scully on MNS :rolleyes:

Advertisement