Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridley Scott to adapt Haldeman's Forever War

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Wow!

One of my fav ever SF books - and the best director for the job too.

Anyone read the sequels to the first book? There's a three-books-in-one edition I've been tempted to get, but its a while since I read the FW, and I also don't want to ruin it by reading crap sequels. (Damn you, Ringword Engineers!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I have the 3 books in one edition.
    I thought the other stories were about as good as the first, which I though was good, but not amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 oponodon

Brilliant! when do u think it'll be out? 2010 I s'pose, it being such an ambitious project and all, but still! cant wait! :D

*nerdgasm.*

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

There's some elements, such as the time shifts, that might be hard to adapt into a movie and I'd be particularly interested to see how they'd deal with the
    everyone's gay in the future
    bit, which they might be forced to modify to be more PC.

Advertisement